**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hawkeye signature ability - the most useless sig ability ever? Simple buff needed.

So I just awekened my 5* r4 Hawkeye and I was really surprised. His signature ability is absolute joke. First I thought I understood it wrong but I did some testing and it was really as bad as it looked at first.
So as I said, my Hawkeye is rank 4. I really like him, he was my 3rd 5 star champ, first champ I took to r4 actually, and he got me places. His mechanics are very very simple yet he is SO useful for general questing, that it didn't really matter if he is awekened or not. I consider Hawkeye the most underappreciated champ out here.
But now I've seen his sig ability, I'm kinda sad, it seems almost unfair how little treatment he got from Kabam. His sig ability is hemorrhage. Basically all it does is every time you use your special attack, you have 25% chance to trigger 60 second bleed. Sounds cool, nothing wrong with that. But there is a catch - bleed damage caused by hemorrhage of my rank 4 Hawkeye during those 60 seconds (sig level 30) is 7489 - lets say 7500 points. That sucks and it's not the worst part - there is second catch - hemorrhage can be triggered only once per fight!

Lets put some perspective here.

-average crit damage of my Hawkeye is slightly below 2000 damage points. Unboosted crit rating 26,5%.
-Hawkeye's special 1 attack (which is the only one you use if you ever play Hawkeye) has 100% chance to inflict bleed damage. For my Hawkeye, that bleed damage is 4282.
-average time to get enough power to sp1 in standard fight (and yes, I'm well aware this is inaccurate at best) is somewhere around 12 seconds

So. Very rounded calculations tell us this:

-Hawkeye's sig ability damage equals around 10 hits.
-I dont want to overcomplicate, lets just say his sp1 damage output (hit+hit+bleed) equals his sig ability damage output (very approximately)
-it is very well possible to launch 5 special 1 attacks in 60 seconds.

If you can put two and two together, you can see that 7500 damage is really lame output as the only reward for this champion being awakened to level 30. The 7.5k damage is not the real problem here though. Problem is that this ridiculously small amount can be triggered ONLY ONCE PER FIGHT. Once per fight I can have extra 7500 damage, if the fight lasts at least 70 seconds (and opponent is not bleed immune).
And that's my point here. Let it stack. Simple as that. Let hemorrhage be stackable debuff, let there be as many hemorrhages as one can trigger and increase trigger chance a little bit, let's say to 50% chance. It's nothing major, but it's nice extra bleed for Hawkeye and it will at least feel real. Because his current sig ability, it is really sad.

for the record: I know I'm operating here with specific numbers for my rank and my sig level, but I can't even find what sig lvl 200 for Hawkeye looks like because why the hell would anyone take him there?

Kabam, please, give him something. He doesn't even have description for SP3 :smiley: let him be a man, take that once-per-fight cap off. How simple.

Thanks

Comments

• AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Khamala has the worst sig lol but yeah Hawkeyes is terrible too
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    Honestly, unless it's a boss fight, nobody seems to make it after the first hemorrhage is triggered. He eats void for breakfast every war I'm in. I'm all for a buff but he does good by me as he is. I do feel that if he was a newer champ, they would give him a bunch of fancy trick arrow bells and whistles that cause shock or stun. That would be cool.
  • The most direct problem with 5* hawkeye's signature ability is that its scaling seems to be broken. From what I can gather, at sig 50 a 5* hawkeye's Hemorrhage deals about twice the bleed damage as the bleed from SP1. But a 4* hawkeye at sig 20 is already doing about four times the damage of SP1's bleed in Hemorrhage. Even if 5* Hawkeye is supposed to scale from 1-200 proportionally to how 4* Hawkeye scales from 1-99, at sig 50 a 5* should be doing about the same relative damage with hemorrhage as a 4* at sig 20. Instead, it does about half the damage I would expect, even factoring in the larger scale.

I'm not sure why this isn't a bug. Maybe someone is confused about the factor of two that it is off, thinking it is supposed to be off by a factor of two. It is actually off by a factor of two on top of that.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I think angela has the worst sig
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    @Ahitlaw Kamala actually has a pretty beneficial sig lmao
  • SilentKissSilentKiss Posts: 138
    Just add taskmaster to team and problem fixed :p
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I just made a post on this along with Gamora. I’m a huge advocate for equal signature ability rights within the contest.

Me and my partners Daredevil and She-Hulk are experts at Contest law and will fight for YOU!
  • Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    It was not once a fight before they changed it to once a fight so they won’t be changing it back.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Completely agree. The worst part of it all though, they released him as a 6 * also... that's as bad as getting an IP.

But here are some info that can bandage the issue a little...

mr49161m06nl.jpeg

Now why will anyone take him to sig 200? Kabam RNG. :wink:

The day I maxed the 5* ...my next 6* pull was....yes....Hawkeye! Hamster wheel round and round!
  • Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    edited November 2018
    I have him as a 6*. I felt bad at first but after really using him more and more he is amazing. He does well when you're up against nodes like buffet and bane. Outside of those nodes his power control and bleed are clutch. Pair him up with cap IW and you'll get great crit damage as well
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Bleed is great but no one mentioned his power control. I've used him against bleed immune champs just for power control b4. If u time it right, u can get it SP1 attack first. I do a 5 hit combo, then 2 hit, then 5 hit. That will give me nuff power for SP1 same time as enemy.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    They won't licence They Toke My Post About The Sentry And Warned Me 2 Times Blocked Me From There Secret Feedback And toke down my 3 Post

An Advice don't waste Your Time Here
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    uhm angela has the worst signature ability