Summoners,

The Game will be down for an unscheduled maintenance tonight between 9 pm and 10 pm PT (12am-1 am ET/4am-5 am UTC) to preemptively address an issue. This may take less than an hour, but we want to plan ahead just in case.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

I’ve noticed a crystal rolling pattern and why it’s rigged

24

Comments

  • SungjSungj Posts: 1,661 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    Read the OP again, try to understand it. He is saying the end of the reel is predetermined to show high value champions as near misses as the ending animation which is likely the case. is it nefarious? Who F’n cares, it’s done to create excitment and emotion, you know the reasons people game in thre first place.

    The champion is determined right as you start spinning, you tapping the crystal vs just letting it stop for example will not affect the result. I don't see how people could sniff out what champion they would get, if you put a crystal into the spinner then force close right away you still get a permanent reward in your account.
  • chunkybchunkyb Posts: 1,438 Content Creator
    edited November 2018
    Sungj wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    Read the OP again, try to understand it. He is saying the end of the reel is predetermined to show high value champions as near misses as the ending animation which is likely the case. is it nefarious? Who F’n cares, it’s done to create excitment and emotion, you know the reasons people game in thre first place.

    The champion is determined right as you start spinning, you tapping the crystal vs just letting it stop for example will not affect the result. I don't see how people could sniff out what champion they would get, if you put a crystal into the spinner then force close right away you still get a permanent reward in your account.

    That last part is not true actually
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,309 ★★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    Read the OP again, try to understand it. He is saying the end of the reel is predetermined to show high value champions as near misses as the ending animation which is likely the case. is it nefarious? Who F’n cares, it’s done to create excitment and emotion, you know the reasons people game in thre first place.

    The champion is determined right as you start spinning, you tapping the crystal vs just letting it stop for example will not affect the result. I don't see how people could sniff out what champion they would get, if you put a crystal into the spinner then force close right away you still get a permanent reward in your account.
    Yeah the champion is not determined as you start spinning. This short video destroys everything you just posted. Dogma much?

  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    Read the OP again, try to understand it. He is saying the end of the reel is predetermined to show high value champions as near misses as the ending animation which is likely the case. is it nefarious? Who F’n cares, it’s done to create excitment and emotion, you know the reasons people game in thre first place.

    The champion is determined right as you start spinning, you tapping the crystal vs just letting it stop for example will not affect the result. I don't see how people could sniff out what champion they would get, if you put a crystal into the spinner then force close right away you still get a permanent reward in your account.
    Yeah the champion is not determined as you start spinning. This short video destroys everything you just posted. Dogma much?


    What exactly were we supposed to see besides the best wallpaper Kabam has ever done?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,309 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Hamin wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    Read the OP again, try to understand it. He is saying the end of the reel is predetermined to show high value champions as near misses as the ending animation which is likely the case. is it nefarious? Who F’n cares, it’s done to create excitment and emotion, you know the reasons people game in thre first place.

    The champion is determined right as you start spinning, you tapping the crystal vs just letting it stop for example will not affect the result. I don't see how people could sniff out what champion they would get, if you put a crystal into the spinner then force close right away you still get a permanent reward in your account.
    Yeah the champion is not determined as you start spinning. This short video destroys everything you just posted. Dogma much?


    What exactly were we supposed to see besides the best wallpaper Kabam has ever done?
    The crystal is spun and interupted by turning off WiFi, crystal is not consumed/opened and no reward is given. The same crystal is then spun and tapped while also disconnecting the wifi which consumes the crystal removing it from my inventory. It’s clear that spinning the crystal does not reward a champion or consume a crystal, the act of tapping/opening it does.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    Read the OP again, try to understand it. He is saying the end of the reel is predetermined to show high value champions as near misses as the ending animation which is likely the case. is it nefarious? Who F’n cares, it’s done to create excitment and emotion, you know the reasons people game in thre first place.

    The champion is determined right as you start spinning, you tapping the crystal vs just letting it stop for example will not affect the result. I don't see how people could sniff out what champion they would get, if you put a crystal into the spinner then force close right away you still get a permanent reward in your account.
    Yeah the champion is not determined as you start spinning. This short video destroys everything you just posted. Dogma much?


    What exactly were we supposed to see besides the best wallpaper Kabam has ever done?
    The crystal is spun and interupted by turning off WiFi, crystal is not consumed/opened and no reward is given. The same crystal is then spun and tapped while also disconnecting the wifi which consumes the crystal removing it from my inventory. It’s clear that spinning the crystal does not reward a champion or consume a crystal, the act of tapping/opening it does.

    Oh well yeah, I don't disagree.

    I thought that was common knowledge.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    And let me clarify:

    That doesn't mean it's rigged. It just means the RNG is decided at a different point in time. Spinning still doesn't mean anything.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,501 ★★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    And let me clarify:

    That doesn't mean it's rigged. It just means the RNG is decided at a different point in time. Spinning still doesn't mean anything.

    That's my main point. I may have been wrong about when it's generated. Fair enough. My larger point was the spin has nothing to do with what you roll. You could tap it whenever, or time it on your head. It wouldn't matter. It's just a visual effect.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,501 ★★★★★
    Further to that, almost landing on a Featured doesn't really mean you almost got it.
  • That's true. How long it spins, timing of tap, and champs you see next to the champ you got don't matter.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,660 ★★★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    The scroll matters. Sorry to be that guy, but it does lol

    It doesn't matter at all, actually. It's not a reflection of the outcome at all.

    We all know the reel has nothing to do with the outcome. OP is saying that the reel does put 5*s next to the outcome to make you think you just missed. Don't know if it is true or not, but entirely possible.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom you seem to be making a straw man fallacy. No one is saying that the roll is rigged, just the reel
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,140 ★★★★
    Mbizz wrote: »
    Dude before you spin your crystal you have to light sage and do a secret tribal dance, spin your phone clockwise 3 time rub your belly and tap your head simultaneously then go tell your mom you love her and sorry rent is late cuz there was this awesome 5 star shard deal for 3k units and you had to get it or you stone 1 alliance would kick you

    Guaranteed 5 star works almost every time

    This is it chief.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,501 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    taojay1 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom you seem to be making a straw man fallacy. No one is saying that the roll is rigged, just the reel
    If you were to say that they include the Featured in the reel, I would buy that. People want to know it's in there. In fact, they come here whenever they don't see it. If you're implying the game rigs the next possibility to tantalize you, that's just conspiracy. Countless rolls don't end that way. It's just not the case. Especially when they've been completely upfront about the reel being an animation all along. Which is why I keep reaffirming it. It's no secret. What we have is just conspiracy based on seeing the Champ in the reel.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 1,661 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    CoatHang3r wrote: »


    Wow, my mistake then I've seen it touted often in the community that it was predetermined when put in the spinner. I think a mod said something along those lines in another thread complaining about their game crashing as they were about to land on a champion shown in the reel but they obtained a different champion. I see now its the popping animation near the end of the spin cycle where the champion is determined or tap, apologies. I didn't intend to spread misinformation
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,501 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Sungj wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »


    Wow, my mistake then I've seen it touted often in the community that it was predetermined when put in the spinner. I think a mod said something along those lines in another thread complaining about their game crashing as they were about to land on a champion shown in the reel but they obtained a different champion. I see now its the popping animation near the end of the spin cycle where the champion is determined or tap, apologies. I didn't intend to spread misinformation

    I think the most common reference is when someone crashes during an opening, and they think they lost it. The suggestion is usually to check their Inventory or Roster.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,309 ★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom you seem to be making a straw man fallacy. No one is saying that the roll is rigged, just the reel
    If you were to say that they include the Featured in the reel, I would buy that. People want to know it's in there. In fact, they come here whenever they don't see it. If you're implying the game rigs the next possibility to tantalize you, that's just conspiracy. Countless rolls don't end that way. It's just not the case. Especially when they've been completely upfront about the reel being an animation all along. Which is why I keep reaffirming it. It's no secret. What we have is just conspiracy based on seeing the Champ in the reel.
    1) Flawed opinion.
    2) What qualifies you to say such things? I’m asking because you apear to not watch openings as it’s obvious.
    3) Do a survey of crystal openings. It’s not made up, 4 and 5 stars are grossly overrepresented as near misses.

  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    Why do "near misses" even mean anything? You weren't going to get them anyway.

    I'll agree that 4/5*s are near misses more often, but that's simply to get the ignorant to buy more crystals. Once you realize it's meaningless, the point becomes moot.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    Fyi: I'm attacking the concept that spins are rigged. No one has provided any empirical evidence for this claim.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    The scroll matters. Sorry to be that guy, but it does lol

    1.really hope you're kidding
    2.proof?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,501 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    taojay1 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom you seem to be making a straw man fallacy. No one is saying that the roll is rigged, just the reel
    If you were to say that they include the Featured in the reel, I would buy that. People want to know it's in there. In fact, they come here whenever they don't see it. If you're implying the game rigs the next possibility to tantalize you, that's just conspiracy. Countless rolls don't end that way. It's just not the case. Especially when they've been completely upfront about the reel being an animation all along. Which is why I keep reaffirming it. It's no secret. What we have is just conspiracy based on seeing the Champ in the reel.
    1) Flawed opinion.
    2) What qualifies you to say such things? I’m asking because you apear to not watch openings as it’s obvious.
    3) Do a survey of crystal openings. It’s not made up, 4 and 5 stars are grossly overrepresented as near misses.

    1. Educated opinion.
    2. Confirmation Bias Openings.
    3. They aren't near misses at all. They're a bunch of potential outcomes that adittedly have no connection to the actual outcome, and are not a representation of the actual rates. This has been covered before.


  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,501 ★★★★★
    Just because people see it and they never got it doesn't mean there's some nefarious Dangling Carrot.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,660 ★★★★★
    Just because people see it and they never got it doesn't mean there's some nefarious Dangling Carrot.

    There is no question that better options are over-represented in the reel. Open a max sig crystal. You will see multiple 5* Immortal Iron Fists, multiple awakening gems, etc., and then it will land on crystal shards. Open a FGM crystal. You will see lots of 5*s and the featured champ and it will land on a 3* with a 5* on either side. It doesn't bother me, and I don't really care, but what reason do you have to assume that they aren't trying to encourage crystal buying with the reel... Why wouldn't they? Pretty standard practice honestly.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,309 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    taojay1 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom you seem to be making a straw man fallacy. No one is saying that the roll is rigged, just the reel
    If you were to say that they include the Featured in the reel, I would buy that. People want to know it's in there. In fact, they come here whenever they don't see it. If you're implying the game rigs the next possibility to tantalize you, that's just conspiracy. Countless rolls don't end that way. It's just not the case. Especially when they've been completely upfront about the reel being an animation all along. Which is why I keep reaffirming it. It's no secret. What we have is just conspiracy based on seeing the Champ in the reel.
    1) Flawed opinion.
    2) What qualifies you to say such things? I’m asking because you apear to not watch openings as it’s obvious.
    3) Do a survey of crystal openings. It’s not made up, 4 and 5 stars are grossly overrepresented as near misses.

    1. Educated opinion.
    2. Confirmation Bias Openings.
    3. They aren't near misses at all. They're a bunch of potential outcomes that adittedly have no connection to the actual outcome, and are not a representation of the actual rates. This has been covered before.

    Cornered you play semantics. Do a survey of openings youtube is flooded with them, unlike yiu i researched this topic before typing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,501 ★★★★★
    Just because people see it and they never got it doesn't mean there's some nefarious Dangling Carrot.

    There is no question that better options are over-represented in the reel. Open a max sig crystal. You will see multiple 5* Immortal Iron Fists, multiple awakening gems, etc., and then it will land on crystal shards. Open a FGM crystal. You will see lots of 5*s and the featured champ and it will land on a 3* with a 5* on either side. It doesn't bother me, and I don't really care, but what reason do you have to assume that they aren't trying to encourage crystal buying with the reel... Why wouldn't they? Pretty standard practice honestly.

    I don't consider it over-represented because it's not meant to be a reflection of the actual drop rates. Numerically, you wouldn't have enough time to display the rates in the small amount of time the spin occurs. Do I believe they include it? Sure. Same as the Top Prize picture. Who would open them if they never saw one in it? There are a range of all outcomes in the spin. Not just Top Prizes. People don't even register the other outcomes.
    The OP is saying they rigged the spin to land close to Top Prizes. That I don't agree with.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,501 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    taojay1 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom you seem to be making a straw man fallacy. No one is saying that the roll is rigged, just the reel
    If you were to say that they include the Featured in the reel, I would buy that. People want to know it's in there. In fact, they come here whenever they don't see it. If you're implying the game rigs the next possibility to tantalize you, that's just conspiracy. Countless rolls don't end that way. It's just not the case. Especially when they've been completely upfront about the reel being an animation all along. Which is why I keep reaffirming it. It's no secret. What we have is just conspiracy based on seeing the Champ in the reel.
    1) Flawed opinion.
    2) What qualifies you to say such things? I’m asking because you apear to not watch openings as it’s obvious.
    3) Do a survey of crystal openings. It’s not made up, 4 and 5 stars are grossly overrepresented as near misses.

    1. Educated opinion.
    2. Confirmation Bias Openings.
    3. They aren't near misses at all. They're a bunch of potential outcomes that adittedly have no connection to the actual outcome, and are not a representation of the actual rates. This has been covered before.

    Cornered you play semantics. Do a survey of openings youtube is flooded with them, unlike yiu i researched this topic before typing.

    I don't consider YouTube openings proof of a conspiracy.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,501 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    It's completely subjective. "I see it all the time and I never get it. Must be rigged.". Meanwhile people don't take note of the other times it doesn't land in proximity, or the other possible outcomes that roll. Just the ones they want. Subjective.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,354 ★★★
    Above is how you get 11k+ posts......SMH
This discussion has been closed.