**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam - more of these harder "minibosses" in uncollected please!

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'm actually amending my view. I'm not too keen on it. With the Nodes going on, it's as I didn't want. It's another Boss before the Boss. Just got to Hyperion. Lol. Adjusted after a couple K.O.s, but if it's going to be a regular occurrence, that's a bit overkill for me. Just my two cents.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

I'll speak up for the "unskilled."

My main account got past uc bosses fine with a combo of sig 60 og vision (power drain plus heal block=win), 4/55 AA, 4/55 GR spamming damnation, even 5/50 sig 60 magik. My second account with top champs of 5/50 blade/ice/unduped void/corvus plus 3/45 dorm did not fare nearly as well (turns out spamming dorm imbued sp1 or 2 doesn't cut it). If you just don't have the heal block or mega-damage champs (and 5/50 void reverse heal don't cut it on UC Aegon), the same "skill" that beats the boss without looking at what he does before fighting him can't get a win with different champs.
    Pays to have multiple accounts tho.

Why doesn't 50/50 void work, just intercepting him until he starts reversing regen seems like a fine strategy.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    As I see it, after the tutorial vids come out, the AI becomes more aggressive and advanced. I dunno. The vids show how can easily bait sp. and when its my turn, baam. Dead.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    I found the mini bosses easy
    But please no one wants a cash grab to be introduced.....
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    TThis uc EQ has crossed the line of stupidity. I m a skilled player with lots of strong champs like a few max out 5* but the buffs on Aegon and me getting ko with 2 hits in my block and Aegon filled his life from 26% to 100% in 4 sec because i couldnt heal block him at that time.. Thats crazyness Kabam. Just sad

Then you probably need to redefine “skilled”.

I'll speak up for the "unskilled."

My main account got past uc bosses fine with a combo of sig 60 og vision (power drain plus heal block=win), 4/55 AA, 4/55 GR spamming damnation, even 5/50 sig 60 magik. My second account with top champs of 5/50 blade/ice/unduped void/corvus plus 3/45 dorm did not fare nearly as well (turns out spamming dorm imbued sp1 or 2 doesn't cut it). If you just don't have the heal block or mega-damage champs (and 5/50 void reverse heal don't cut it on UC Aegon), the same "skill" that beats the boss without looking at what he does before fighting him can't get a win with different champs.
    Pays to have multiple accounts tho.

Then would it be suffice to say that your second account might not be ready to take on this month’s Uncollected EQ?

Uncollected is, in a sense in a rpg, a gear check. Sometimes you’ll be able to pass it with sufficient gear and skill, sometimes you can’t. It is by no means a given that if you’ve cleared last month’s you should be able to clear this month’s.

It takes roster and skill to reach a minimum level. “Roster” also includes champs you chose to upgrade or have attained at this point of time.

Yes it’s unfair. But so is everything in this world.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Heal Block? I beat him with Hood and Blade so don't tell me about the skill BS
  • C4ptainC4ptain Posts: 63
    Sungj wrote: »
    Dailey wrote: »
    Yep I see. That is why the top get richer and richer. The top players in the game have really differentiated from the mid level players. I feel like the middle class in the US...hopeless.

I haven't spent in well over a year and a half and I while I'm pretty indifferent to the minibosses I see where the OP is coming from. It all just comes with time, the rich are getting richer yes but so are the mid game players and just starting players. I think the fallacy in your type of thinking is that by focusing on how the rich are getting richer you fail to notice how much easier it has become for mid game players and starting players to progress faster as well. 1-1.5 years ago it was much harder for mid-game players to progress to end game levels. It is much easier now to get 5 star champions and resources, I started a new account back when the gwenpool goes to the movies event was out and in about 4 weeks I had 2 5* champions and 16+ four stars and it would have taken months to progress to that level in earlier stages of the game.

Gwenpool Goes To The Movies is a terrible example. I want to say they just short of handed you a 5* and roughly 5k-7.5k 5* shards. So two 5*s starting around that time isn't overly impressive.. Starting an account now, the results would be significantly less.
  • C4ptainC4ptain Posts: 63
    As I see it, after the tutorial vids come out, the AI becomes more aggressive and advanced. I dunno. The vids show how can easily bait sp. and when its my turn, baam. Dead.

*Kabaam. Dead.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Even though 5/6 times I did Gamblers Fate Domino I got poison (yeah nice RNG) she still wasn’t too difficult if you know how to play her. Power reserve Hyperion sucks though. I will hate Kabam every time I see it or power reserve Cable, Punisher (2099). But funny enough my 4* 3/30 Hawkeye was an MVP. He was able to keep power below L3 and not die to block damage.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Also, power reserve Hyperion? Build up to a bar of power with Gambit, or Ronan, or Stark Spidey, maybe an awakened Luke Cage, and then stun lock. Relatively simple.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Magik perma sp2 on power reserve. You actually have to watch your combos to not hit sp3 lol
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Yeah you couldn’t just walk through all the enemies except the boss. Really cool idea
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    100% agree. Uncollected is way too easy every month. Need more challenge in this game.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    TThis uc EQ has crossed the line of stupidity. I m a skilled player with lots of strong champs like a few max out 5* but the buffs on Aegon and me getting ko with 2 hits in my block and Aegon filled his life from 26% to 100% in 4 sec because i couldnt heal block him at that time.. Thats crazyness Kabam. Just sad

29 hits with 5/50 Duped AA.

29 hit one shot...uncollected. Granted I can't account for using any other champs at this point but then again why would I? ....29

...I even took some block DMG on his SP1.

You can do it man.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

29 hits with 5/50 Duped AA.

29 hit one shot...uncollected. Granted I can't account for using any other champs at this point but then again why would I? ....29

...I even took some block DMG on his SP1.

You can do it man.

I’m having a hard time with my 4/40 though. I did it once but I boosted. I’m afraid to try au natural and have to restart the quest again.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    Dailey wrote: »
    Amazing a mod comes in to congrat a guy with a stacked roster thanks for spending your time and money to be able to take out the bosses. Mid level and low level chumps we need your potions or let’s call them units this month. Fake post or a guy with a big head

I've been playing the game for 4 years.

I put my dues in to get to where I'm at. I'm not gonna apologize for that lol.
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    You love challenging content? Y don't u use 4/40 champs?
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    Zzz wrote: »
    You love challenging content? Y don't u use 4/40 champs?

I do when my teams are in AW/AQ.
  • edited November 2018
    Hey All,

While we always appreciate discourse and discussions over varying points of view, we are not okay with people attacking each other over different opinions. @roastedbagel is allowed to have his opinion, as you are allowed to have yours.

Some players enjoy finding the exact counter to difficult content, or facing a challenge that they haven't before! I know that I love exploring the RPG elements of the game, and looking for more unconventional counters than what we're used to. Yes, this month I had to use Archangel like many others, but normally I try to find something different.

Lastly, there are some weird conspiracy theories going on in this thread, like AI Difficulty changing part way through a quest (it doesn't) or Gambler's Fate not being RNG (it is).

I'm closing this thread down now.

PS. @roastedbagel, loved your work on the UMCOC Podcast. Tell the rest of the crew I say hi!
This discussion has been closed.