**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Intercepting techniques

I wish to improve on my intercepts and there are currently 3 intercepts that I can successfully do

1. Yo yo intercept.where the AI dashes back, pauses and then dashes forward
2. Heavy attack intercept and sp intercepts, which are the most simple I guess
3. Evade once when AI dashes and then fire special
how do i learn or practice more intercept techniques as I want to rely less on parries?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

P.s. the shallow evade and counter attack is failing me miserably and I keep getting hit

Also the backdraft intercept is also very risky

@DTMelodicMetal
@mvinceable

Comments

• HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    I think Dave has a Dork Lesson on intercepting.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Yup. There you go.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    There is another intercept where you hit their block 1-4 times, dash back, and unless the AI is defensive, normally they should dash towards you immediately so you can dash forward and get them. 1-2 hits works a decent amount of the time but 3-4 almost always makes the AI want to go after you; exposing themselves
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    There is another intercept where you hit their block 1-4 times, dash back, and unless the AI is defensive, normally they should dash towards you immediately so you can dash forward and get them. 1-2 hits works a decent amount of the time but 3-4 almost always makes the AI want to go after you; exposing themselves

That's the backdraft intercept that I cant get right
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s risky, but kinda feel how agressive they are playing. Like, NEVER EVER do it against Magneto, but against people who do the speedy run like IM or Agent Venom, it works most of the time. Some champs you have to wait a split second then dash in brother hesitate a little bit. For me, if I’m paying attention, it works pretty much all the time, but if I lose focus, I can get recked from time to time.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Rajuteda wrote: »
    I wish to improve on my intercepts and there are currently 3 intercepts that I can successfully do

how do i learn or practice more intercept techniques as I want to rely less on parries?

P.s. the shallow evade and counter attack is failing me miserably and I keep getting hit

@DTMelodicMetal
    @mvinceable

@Rajuteda I'll respond to your OP in depth tomorrow. Dave's videos on intercepting and instinctive touch are outstanding. Other players may be aware of the content described in those videos but no one articulates MCOC advice as well as Dave. Practice intercepting during arena infinite streaks, uncollected event quests, Act 5, LOL Star Lord and Red Hulk fights, and low difficulty AW fights. Practicing intercepting in ROL and AQ makes you worse because their AI is passive.

@DTMelodicMetal
    @mvinceable

@Rajuteda I'll respond to your OP in depth tomorrow. Dave's videos on intercepting and instinctive touch are outstanding. Other players may be aware of the content described in those videos but no one articulates MCOC advice as well as Dave. Practice intercepting during arena infinite streaks, uncollected event quests, Act 5, LOL Star Lord and Red Hulk fights, and low difficulty AW fights. Practicing intercepting in ROL and AQ makes you worse because their AI is passive.

Thanks mate..look forward to it
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    The way I’ve always intercepted is make space, wait for them to dash, and the second I recognize the dash, I light attack. I miss, no biggie, I usually have frames to dodge. But, I usualy hit anyways.

And yes, I l know that’s basically instinctive touch. But I’ve done it that way for a looong time
  • faizmunfaizmun Posts: 58

@DTMelodicMetal
    @mvinceable

Search For @DorkLessons On YouTube And Explore His Channel. After That You Have Nothing Left To Learn.
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    The way I’ve always intercepted is make space, wait for them to dash, and the second I recognize the dash, I light attack. I miss, no biggie, I usually have frames to dodge. But, I usualy hit anyways.

And yes, I l know that’s basically instinctive touch. But I’ve done it that way for a looong time

Instinctive touch is just a phrase coined by dork to all the techniques ppl have been using for the longest time

@DTMelodicMetal
    @mvinceable

The Yo-Yo Intercept is most useful in arena, MCOC AI is less predictable in more difficult game modes. The Special Delivery Intercept is useful everywhere. The Back Draft Intercept requires precise timing because it has little room for error. The remaining ways to intercept as described by Dave include Come At Me Bro and Parry Mason. Come At Me Bro is the lowest % way to intercept, it's also the 1st way I started trying to intercept attacks before Act 5.4 was released. It works best for me when I use light attacks in anticipation of dash attacks when I have enough distance between my champ and the AI to parry or backup if the AI doesn't take the bait. MCOC YouTuber HobbitCrom has some great videos on the benefits of using the safe intercept:

https://youtu.be/qOcn-Hl2Az0

I've never tried the Parry Mason technique, I use something similar but not the same. When you have the AI cornered you can intercept their attack as they stand, see @xNig's video for examples of this:

https://youtu.be/Rc7yWc4-8Bg

MCOC YouTuber Guillaume5 posted a video on intercepting shortly after Dave posted his how to intercept like a ninja video:

https://youtu.be/OlbPyof6Byg

Guillaume5's video describes 5 different techniques that include Classic, Rhythmic, Symbiod, Power, and Lazy. Some of these are different names for what Dave describes - Classic is both Yo-Yo and Come At Me Bro, whereas Power is Special Delivery. The lazy technique allowed me to explore Labyrinth of Legends in 6.5Kish units using 4/55 Star Lord for all but 4-5 fights. The Rhythmic technique is how players soloed Dormammu AW bosses with Magik before Gladiator Hulk was released and before the MD/Dexterity interaction was nerfed, it's also how I managed to do 72% health damage to LOL Spider-Man with 4/55 Proxima Midnight in a single 380-hit combo without using boosts. The Symbiod technique is the highest % or most reliable way of intercepting attacks, which is landing attacks after using what other players call shallow evading. One crucial thing to be aware of when using the Symbiod technique is different champions' hit boxes, which Dave describes in his Instinctive Touch Part 2 video.

The intercepting videos mentioned in this thread don't discuss an important variable, which is how MCOC AI varies between game modes, between champions, and possibly between nodes. Realm of Legends and Alliance Quest Map 5 AI is passive, don't practice intercepting in those game modes. Champions like Dormammu, Venom, Void, and Sabretooth are very aggressive, they don't spend much time blocking. Other champions like Sentinel, Red Skull, and at times IMIW are passive, they often walk up to you and do nothing. Regarding MCOC AI varying between nodes, here're 2 segments of AW fights against IMIW. The 1st video is node 37, the 2nd video is node 31. Same tier for both AWs, to me IMIW is significantly more passive in the 1st video:

https://youtu.be/g1F7B7iyg6Y

https://youtu.be/UmCQj4iZIIc

Be prepared to change strategies in case the AI does something unexpected, like standing in front of you without blocking or walk towards you to bait an attack that it parries. A great example of this is in AW when Medusa activates her living strands ability. If this happens and you don't get parried Medusa always stands still without blocking before walking towards your champion. If you attack Medusa while she does either of these things you will be parried every time. The video below gives an example of Captain America WWII doing this to Doctor Voodoo:

https://youtu.be/L5baXI40iBQ

@Rajuteda
    @Rajuteda Posted my follow up response. It’s being reviewed because I edited the post to tag your forum account.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Dorky Dave helps gives you the knowledge but the best teacher is practice. I found that LOL and Proxima were the best teachers for intercepts. I’ve found that the best method for intercepting (in my experience and opinion) is the backdraft. It is much easier to intercept with Proxima, than say DD or Sparky because she has a lot of range with her attacks especially her first light. But basically I’ll hit them 4 times, backstep, then light attack. Based on if they’re clean hits or blocked, there will be a slight pause in the light hit. If they’re block hits as soon as I backstep, I hit a light attack. If they’re clean, I pause for a split second because they are still recovering from the last hit. Rulk in LOL is probably the best place to practice on demand assuming you have a high enough champ to not get wrecked in a minute by the enrage timer.

@DTMelodicMetal
    @mvinceable

The Yo-Yo Intercept is most useful in arena, MCOC AI is less predictable in more difficult game modes. The Special Delivery Intercept is useful everywhere. The Back Draft Intercept requires precise timing because it has little room for error. The remaining ways to intercept as described by Dave include Come At Me Bro and Parry Mason. Come At Me Bro is the lowest % way to intercept, it's also the 1st way I started trying to intercept attacks before Act 5.4 was released. It works best for me when I use light attacks in anticipation of dash attacks when I have enough distance between my champ and the AI to parry or backup if the AI doesn't take the bait. MCOC YouTuber HobbitCrom has some great videos on the benefits of using the safe intercept:

I've never tried the Parry Mason technique, I use something similar but not the same. When you have the AI cornered you can intercept their attack as they stand, see @xNig's video for examples of this:

MCOC YouTuber Guillaume5 posted a video on intercepting shortly after Dave posted his how to intercept like a ninja video:

Guillaume5's video describes 5 different techniques that include Classic, Rhythmic, Symbiod, Power, and Lazy. Some of these are different names for what Dave describes - Classic is both Yo-Yo and Come At Me Bro, whereas Power is Special Delivery. I've been practicing the other 3 techniques for months, the lazy technique allowed me to explore Labyrinth of Legends in 6.5Kish units using 4/55 Star Lord for all but 4-5 fights. The Rhythmic technique is how players soloed Dormammu AW bosses with Magik before Gladiator Hulk was released and before the MD/Dexterity interaction was nerfed, it's also how I managed to do 72% health damage to LOL Spider-Man with 4/55 Proxima Midnight in a single 380-hit combo without using boosts. The Symbiod technique is the highest % or most reliable way of intercepting attacks, which is landing attacks after using what other players call shallow evading. One crucial thing to be aware of when using the Symbiod technique is different champions' hit boxes, which Dave describes in his Instinctive Touch Part 2 video.

The intercepting videos mentioned in this thread don't discuss an important variable, which is how MCOC AI varies between game modes, between champions, and possibly between nodes. Realm of Legends and Alliance Quest Map 5 AI is passive, don't practice intercepting in those game modes. Champions like Dormammu, Venom, Void, and Sabretooth are very aggressive, they don't spend much time blocking. Other champions like Sentinel, Red Skull, and at times IMIW are passive, they often walk up to you and do nothing. Regarding MCOC AI varying between nodes, here're 2 segments of AW fights against IMIW. The 1st video is node 37, the 2nd video is node 31. Same tier for both AWs, to me IMIW is significantly more passive in the 1st video:

Be prepared to change strategies in case the AI does something unexpected, like standing in front of you without blocking or walk towards you to bait an attack that it parries. A great example of this is in AW when Medusa activates her living strands ability. If this happens and you don't get parried Medusa always stands still without blocking before walking towards your champion. If you attack Medusa while she does either of these things you will be parried every time. The video below gives an example of Captain America WWII doing this to Doctor Voodoo:

@Rajuteda

@DTMelodicMetal
    @mvinceable

Guillaume5's video describes 5 different techniques that include Classic, Rhythmic, Symbiod, Power, and Lazy. Some of these are different names for what Dave describes - Classic is both Yo-Yo and Come At Me Bro, whereas Power is Special Delivery. I've been practicing the other 3 techniques for months, the lazy technique allowed me to explore Labyrinth of Legends in 6.5Kish units using 4/55 Star Lord for all but 4-5 fights. The Rhythmic technique is how players soloed Dormammu AW bosses with Magik before Gladiator Hulk was released and before the MD/Dexterity interaction was nerfed, it's also how I managed to do 72% health damage to LOL Spider-Man with 4/55 Proxima Midnight in a single 380-hit combo without using boosts. The Symbiod technique is the highest % or most reliable way of intercepting attacks, which is landing attacks after using what other players call shallow evading. One crucial thing to be aware of when using the Symbiod technique is different champions' hit boxes, which Dave describes in his Instinctive Touch Part 2 video.

@Rajuteda

Awesome!! This is exactly what I was looking for!!

AI behaviours vary greatly from game modes to difficulties to champs and no one hardly mentions it...you completely nailed it...its gonna take me a while to digest all that..

Thanks a lot anyway...mad love and respect!!

Awesome!! This is exactly what I was looking for!!

AI behaviours vary greatly from game modes to difficulties to champs and no one hardly mentions it...you completely nailed it...its gonna take me a while to digest all that..

Thanks a lot anyway...mad love and respect!!

No problem. Since I brought it up, here’s what it looks like when Medusa tries to bait a parry in AW:

https://youtu.be/GH2zKzrkcyg

I’ve started practicing the Symbiod method in AW to get repetition with using it in high-pressure game modes. Kingpin caught me off guard today and parried my intercept attempt. I switched to the Rhythmic method after that and had no problem getting the solo. Always have more than 1 strategy ready going into fights:

https://youtu.be/dZm12hQ-JB8