**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Killmonger Indestructible Charges Bug or Buff? [Under Investigation]

Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
edited November 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a-mg45mIn4M

I’ve had KM at R4 and this is not how the charges have always worked... Is this a bug or a buff? This would definitely push me to consider him for R5 if a buff.
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    edited November 2018
    It would be awesome if this stays permanent, but the way KM's indestructible is worded, I think it is a bug. "Ignore all the incoming damage from an attack". I could see that potentially being meant to ignore DoT caused by taking hits from the opponent, but not for stuff like Biohazard, hitting Abom, etc.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Please let this stay. It's amazing. Makes him even better as a defender and gives even more reason to use him with my duped 5* bpcw lol
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Legit.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Disclaimer: This is my own opinion and does not necessarily parallel the opinion that Kabam has on this matter

I think that this concept makes sense for Killmonger. Indestructible Charges are not the easiest to get (have to get all the way up to sp2) and not easy to keep either (get from a unique synergy, and are lost by even blocked hits). Therefore being skillful enough to be able to keep these Indestructible Charges for a reward like immunity to certain DoT damage makes sense.
    However I think this should be limited. This should not affect Passive Degeneration from nodes like Bane, Flare or Brute Force (then again I have not tried this myself with these nodes). But I think that Killmonger's Indestructible Charges should negate all forms of non-Passive DoT damage. Basically it only deals damage if the DoT is passive.
    Thoughts?
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Mathking13 wrote: »
    Disclaimer: This is my own opinion and does not necessarily parallel the opinion that Kabam has on this matter

I think that this concept makes sense for Killmonger. Indestructible Charges are not the easiest to get (have to get all the way up to sp2) and not easy to keep either (get from a unique synergy, and are lost by even blocked hits). Therefore being skillful enough to be able to keep these Indestructible Charges for a reward like immunity to certain DoT damage makes sense.
    However I think this should be limited. This should not affect Passive Degeneration from nodes like Bane, Flare or Brute Force (then again I have not tried this myself with these nodes). But I think that Killmonger's Indestructible Charges should negate all forms of non-Passive DoT damage. Basically it only deals damage if the DoT is passive.
    Thoughts?

Prove yourself works like that where Debuffs dont deal any damage
    All indestructible should work like that
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Buggy
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I don't think it's a bug, and if it wasn't working like this before, then it's a fix. Indestructible has always prevented damage from all sources, even DOT debuffs, passive or not.
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    It would be awesome if this stays permanent, but the way KM's indestructible is worded, I think it is a bug. "Ignore all the incoming damage from an attack". I could see that potentially being meant to ignore DoT caused by taking hits from the opponent, but not for stuff like Biohazard, hitting Abom, etc.

Why shouldn't it? No matter how it's worded, it's still an indestructible charge, so it should be able to do everything the indestructible from prove yourself node can do
  • BatsiiBatsii Posts: 167
    Any news from kabam CEO?
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Why shouldn't it? No matter how it's worded, it's still an indestructible charge, so it should be able to do everything the indestructible from prove yourself node can do

I'm all for all indestructible being equal and ignoring all damage, no matter the source, but the wording there does make a difference. I think it'd be great if they let it stay and just removed that extra wording since it does take skill to keep those indestructible charges up. I was just pointing out that the wording says it's not intended.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Well if it was a buff after seeing exactly what he can do with it it's now a bug and the fix is on the way lol..
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I hope this isn't a bug, Indestructible should work this way
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    I don't think some people understand how difficult it can be to keep these charges up.

For starters, if you're going to use this in fights like biohazard or against champs like Abomination etc., you're almost forced to bring bpcw with you, otherwise these things will hit hard. (Before you argue, the void synergy doesn't work fast enough and isn't reliable enough to purify debuffs in mass)

Second, he loses a charge just by being touched. Its not the easiest to keep those active, especially if you're going to depend on it to counter any DoT debuffs.

KM's sp3 this season is useless, his sp2 had been nearly useless. I don't see what's wrong w this fix making these charges work like every other indestructible charge. Yes it makes him better, but he's not game breaking.

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Bwest289 wrote: »
    I don't think some people understand how difficult it can be to keep these charges up.

For starters, if you're going to use this in fights like biohazard or against champs like Abomination etc., you're almost forced to bring bpcw with you, otherwise these things will hit hard. (Before you argue, the void synergy doesn't work fast enough and isn't reliable enough to purify debuffs in mass)

Second, he loses a charge just by being touched. Its not the easiest to keep those active, especially if you're going to depend on it to counter any DoT debuffs.

KM's sp3 this season is useless, his sp2 had been nearly useless. I don't see what's wrong w this fix making these charges work like every other indestructible charge. Yes it makes him better, but he's not game breaking.

Completely agree with you, it's not game breaking AT ALL.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    edit for double-post
  • Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    If it is a buff any mod would have already answered to the post but since all mods are “afraid” to answer we might consider this a bug. Especially after what happened with SS. I don’t think any mod will reply. But we have to wait and see.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Need confirmations asap asap
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    It is a bug I’m pretty sure of. Don’t think it that hard to keep them op.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    It’s a bug and no one should have highlighted this.. as @DoctorJ said this is why we can’t have nice things
  • SilentKissSilentKiss Posts: 138
    On top of r4 to r5 issue. That shouldn't even be a question.
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra Please let this be a buff, and don't remove this. Luke Cage's indestructible ignores debuffs, as does Prove Yourself.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Will be nice if it stays like this