**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Voodoo vs. Medusa vs. Hyperion - Who to Rank 5?

BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
I'm tired of waiting for something better/new, all I get are VERY OLD USELESS 5* champs, no matter if I spend 15k for a featured or not, just the same old s**t over and over. My Alpha 2 are rotting in the stash for few days more... So I have to make a very hard decision on who to take to rank 5.

I know what they do, I know how to use them, I have a preference for Voodoo which is the character I use the most everywhere, but I'm so undecided...

Probably the right question is: who works better at rank 4? And I think the answer is Voodoo, but opinions are needed! Medusa is the only one who is unawakened but I have the generic gem.

So, Voodoo, Medusa or Hyperion?

Comments

• BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Rank 5 Hyperion. Damage is incomparable
    Plus his utility and is a great defender but the downside is the furies with the heavy
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I don't think utlity champs like voodoo benefit much from r5...he can do what he is known to do even at r4..whereas champs who depend on their base attack benefit more from the rankup..hype can also cover the difference between r4 and r5 with his fury buffs but medusa I feel is the one of the lot who would benefit most from the rankup and she is a worthy enough champ for that generic..
    Btw if the issue is expiring t2a...how about taking someone from r3 to r4 and save the t5b for after act 6 comes out
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    How long have you been waiting to R5 someone? I know it's a little ways off still but would you wait for Act 6 to drop or want to roll a maxed 5* out sooner than later?

About... 10 months? I'm the most unluky man of the world in this game, I tried everything to get Blade but NO! No Blade, no Corvus, No Cap, No Iron IW, no Domino, not a single champ released in 2018 (thanks Kabam)! That's why I'm tired. Yesterday I opened my last crystal, I had Domino on the left, Blade on the right, but I've got Hakweye in the middle.
    SidDDragon wrote: »
    I don't think utlity champs like voodoo benefit much from r5...he can do what he is known to do even at r4..whereas champs who depend on their base attack benefit more from the rankup..hype can also cover the difference between r4 and r5 with his fury buffs but medusa I feel is the one of the lot who would benefit most from the rankup and she is a worthy enough champ for that generic..
    Btw if the issue is expiring t2a...how about taking someone from r3 to r4 and save the t5b for after act 6 comes out

That's exactly my thought, as I said I don't think Voodoo or Hyp benefit a lot from R5, Medusa is probably the best choice but I need to use the gem. As for taking someone from r3 to r4, the problem is the same: just old champs

:'(:'(:'(
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    She is as good as it can get for a champ to be worthy of using that gem...champs with as much attack and defence potential as her and worthy of a generic are very few..but yes it depends on what are you looking to do with Ur r5..LOL yes she is a great option for that..progression yes..aw attack yes..aw defender yes..she checks all boxes
    But then again...if u don't want to use that gem on her,I would rank up a mid tier champ to r4..someone who would help Ur alliance by being in defense..or someone who covers an area or two where u are lacking even if it's an old champ
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Do you go for the featured or basic 5* crystal? I have awful 5* luck too so decided to go all in on featured at the start of the last iteration. Went 2/10 with Corvus and Cap being my big hits and another solid pull in Ultron. Still a way better ratio then my basic pulls though. Honestly I know tons of players who would kill for duped Voodoo Medusa or Hype so it could be worse.

Im all in on featured from now on, I tried a few more basic after my featured run and pulled another 4 champs for the trash heap. As long as I snag Ghost I'll live with another pile of duds along with her. I want Ghost tops of all available champs, if I luck out she's going straight to R4 and potentially all the way.

Sure, I got 3 Juggernaut in a row in the last old featured for Blade. Then same crappy champs, the last I remember are: SpiderGwen, Elektra and Karnak a few weeks ago.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Medusa
  • Saket_123Saket_123 Posts: 139
    Medusa. Go with medusa man. R5 medusa with furies and armour break and bleed hits like 10 tanks at once.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Hyp er ion
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Feed Medusa the gem and rank her up. She will not disappoint.

Alternate thought, not sure if you plan on buying anything on cyber Monday, but you may want to wait to see if they offer a 5* AG. If its a generic offer, then for sure rank medusa and then hold on to the other one for later. If its not a generic you still have a shot to pull cosmic. Or it could be an offer that might allow you to pull a new champ.