**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Idea: earning points from wins by your "defenders" in Arena

I had an idea that your champions, used in Arena as opposition for other players, would earn you some small amount of points from defeating other players playing Arena. In a way like earning points from your defenders in Alliance War. But of course a much smaller amount.
Would be fun though, to see your champions passively participating in Arena actually earning you something in return from their success. It would motivate players even more to get a really good roster and add an extra element of multiplayer to Arenas.

Comments

• Maybe just some bits of gold and battlechips, simillar amount of what we get for winning a fight in arena. That's a fun idea, and with players wanting more gold, that would be quite useful.
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    Sounds like a good idea and small amounts of gold nd battlechips would biuld up over time
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I can agree if it gives small amounts of gold and bc and just that

But i dont agree with it adding points to your arena score (what will happen to people who's champs probably arent getting fought? They would be at a disadvantage cuz others would be getting small extra points
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    I can agree if it gives small amounts of gold and bc and just that

But i dont agree with it adding points to your arena score (what will happen to people who's champs probably arent getting fought? They would be at a disadvantage cuz others would be getting small extra points

That's a valid point. Small amounts of Gold and/or Battlechips would be enough incentive. Anything really, as far as I'm concerned. As long as it's just something extra.
  • NairvehlNairvehl Posts: 111
    No, no, and NO! Not everyone's champs will be versed, and people's champs that are versed won't necessarily successfully defend the point. The only place where I can see this happening is with the introduction of player bases. And that is riddled with problems of its own, similar to this.
    Nairvehl wrote: »
    No, no, and NO! Not everyone's champs will be versed, and people's champs that are versed won't necessarily successfully defend the point. The only place where I can see this happening is with the introduction of player bases. And that is riddled with problems of its own, similar to this.

Whoa, it's just an idea. Check your negativism. lol.
    I wouldn't bet on kabam picking the idea up. But if it can in some way inspire a similar, more well thought out, solution it might turn into something nice.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Ok, but, I have a 228 win streak with, most of it, perfect win. And there's a lot of people in this case.
    So, not a lot of pts for my opponents.
    Ok, but, I have a 228 win streak with, most of it, perfect win. And there's a lot of people in this case.
    So, not a lot of pts for my opponents.

Very good for you. Infinite streak. I don't think I've got a good enough roster to achieve that. But kudos to you.
    I'm not sure how we are matched against opponents in Arena, but I suppose there would be plenty of chance for all of us to have our champions matched with people who once in a while loses a match or two.
    Just a fun little bonus I think.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    No point in adding a feature that would basically do nothing and be impossible to know if it was working. Also, who the hell dies in arena anyway?
    No point in adding a feature that would basically do nothing and be impossible to know if it was working. Also, who the hell dies in arena anyway?

Oh, so you managed to brag, and put casual players down who doesn't get the infinite streak going. Good on you. You've earned the new featured points: douche-points!

Oh, so you managed to brag, and put casual players down who doesn't get the infinite streak going. Good on you. You've earned the new featured points: douche-points!

You might not like it but I'm not wrong.

You clearly didn't think this through. To make it viable they would have to re-work their algorithms to include everyone's teams in a balanced way. If you've every grinded you would know that every team almost always gets the same three opponents to choose from. Changing the arena algorithm, for a worthless feature, would just cause more problems than it's worth (again, nothing).

You might not like it but I'm not wrong.

You clearly didn't think this through. To make it viable they would have to re-work their algorithms to include everyone's teams in a balanced way. If you've every grinded you would know that every team almost always gets the same three opponents to choose from. Changing the arena algorithm, for a worthless feature, would just cause more problems than it's worth (again, nothing).

I'm not arguing you are completely wrong in your take on the idea. You make a point on consequences I did not consider. It is not an idea I've spent a lot of time thinking about all effects it would have on how the game is built. I'm just a casual player, and It's just an idea that I would happily let anyone take away something positive from if it can contribute to a fun or positive change in any way. This is a forum where players can discuss, and leave input or ideas.

But arguing like you are, you are not contributing to any constructive feedback. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. But, calling ideas worthless and being condescending towards players dying in Arena is not the way to go. I would say it might even be in violation of Forum rules.
    You're just upset that I showed you how you're half thought of idea was not good. Showing the flaws in a bad idea is not a violation of forum rules.
    You're just upset that I showed you how you're half thought of idea was not good. Showing the flaws in a bad idea is not a violation of forum rules.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.