**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* feature vs basic crystal - which do you go for?

I want to see the number of people out there that have gone for the 5* feature crystal and have gotten good results vs sticking with the basic.

5* feature vs basic crystal - which do you go for? 41 votes

Will stick with feature crystals, it HAS given me good results
14%
SungjJonibärchenWorknprogressReaper213AleorChainslayer 6 votes
Will stick with basic crystals, it HAS given me good results
41%
SpeedbumpVladislas22StucatSixshot1Duke_SilverDonnymeijCupid10or_StrongKngSpcSmashThe_Boss9FhfjghhggggjfhfjgInfineightMoeyTehrAtaaullahMrBanksLostReplica23 17 votes
Tried feature crystals, but it HASN'T given me good results
17%
Maximus0215InbaDankestChefB_Dizzle_01V1PER1987BetueDenta89 7 votes
Staying with basic crystals, but it HASN'T given me good results
26%
sfu_koraxbelli300TrimbobFlareDogedeadcrimeNray29KillerBee_samaDanny_T9951StikyWarboy_007 11 votes

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I stick with basics. The risk of wasting 15k shards on a karnak or logan isnt worth it imo. My last 3 basics has gotten me green goblin, gwenpool and yondu
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    actually I'm going to try to save for featured, new champs are too op compared to older ones. the only problem is it's hard for me to save those shards, just want to open them
  • None of the above. I generally open basics, but I'm going to be opening featureds until this iteration changes because this specific iteration contains champions that happen to align with what I want far better than basic crystals, enough to compensate for the higher cost. Once the current featured changes, I will likely switch back to basics.

I could say the featureds were giving me good results, but that would be a little misleading because what I'm looking for isn't judging the results by how great the champion necessarily is. I would like to pull some god tier champs, but my strongest second preference is to get new champs to help with arena grinding. My latest opening was OG Cap. I doubt most people would consider that a good result, but I didn't have OG Cap so it was a good result for me.

With that opening, I only have four champions in the featured crystal: Blade, Star Lord, Howard the Duck, and OG Cap. And since SL is not awakened, duping him is fine. So nearly every other champ in the crystal is either a dup I'm okay with or a great champion to pull or a new champ I'm okay with regardless of what it is.

I think people often look too superficially at the crystals and ask whether they are good or bad, and not whether they are good or bad for them. Because everyone wants and needs different things, whether a crystal is good or bad can be pretty specific to each person.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Gotten Domino then Ghost back to back so I'm gonna try a couple more to see if my featured luck continues. My basic luck has been pretty eh, every champion I have rank 4 has been from a featured crystal
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Never have never will open a featured
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I’ve had ups and downs, but overall I’ve pulled some great champs.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    For me, nowadays I am leaning towards Featured, since the best I have pulled from 7 crystals (one is Gwenpool movies event) are Angela and Crossbones (I don't even use Crossbones). But unfortunately it takes a while to gather shards at my level