**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Does anyone ever do the math to guess opponents in war?

I decided to give this a shot for kicks and giggles. And it seems to pan out. The hardest part is of course trying to find the health and attack numbers of champions of the same rank. I know what you're gonna say... "not everyone has the same masteries" but you tend to find they are similar to throw an educated guess out there. Easy ones to spot are Champs like tech spider as opposed to IMIW. or Spiderman VS a hulk. This could be complete rubbish (too much watching that YouTube God, I've actually developed a British accent), but it could also be helpful to those of us who just stare at a fight pondering who it might be. Does anyone try this? Does it work for you?

Comments

• CateatswhalesCateatswhales Posts: 112
    Its always just a guess on some nodes you know the boosts and what champs work best with them. But other than checking the profile and top 4 champs its usually an experienced guess
  • Jesterj8Jesterj8 Posts: 51
    Well for instance suppose the champ has a 75% boost. And the health is like 35000. Well all you'd have to do is x+3/4x= 35k. Then 4(x+3/4x) =(35k) 4, to clear the denominator. So 4x+ 12/4x = 140k. 7x= 140k. Divide both sides by 7, and x=20k. That would be your health of the defender before the boosts.
    There will be a slight deviation for different masteries but not by much.
    Also, there's gotta be an easier way to plug those numbers in. I've been out of math for about 20 years. Lol
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure most p1/master alliances do this, I don't think there is much point in doing it in the lower tiers however.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    i used to do that all the time. also by checking summoner profiles.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Yup, told me i was facing a KM on 34 and not Korg this war.

MCOC Concierge’s line bot has a tool that will give you the base stats for most champions at differing ranks and rarities. I think it’s a plug in from a the collector bot on discord, not sure though.
  • HeretodieHeretodie Posts: 126
    Aren’t the PIs blacked out? What teir is this??? We’re teir 4 and we only see question marks and class of hero.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Heretodie wrote: »
    Aren’t the PIs blacked out? What teir is this??? We’re teir 4 and we only see question marks and class of hero.
    You’ll need scouter lens in the utility/proficiencies mastery group, at the end in the middle.

Lol, to save myself some embarrassment let's just say it's lower then tier 4.