**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Killmonger Indestructible Charges Bug or Buff? [Under Investigation]

13»

Comments

• TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I'm actually amazed how many people are able to somehow convince themselves this isn't a bug, or shouldn't be considered a bug. It is theoretically possible to use this feature to take no damage indefinitely. It doesn't matter how much "skill" it takes to do that: that's the very definition of an exploitive bug. I don't even have to read the ability description or the patch notes to know that, and anyone who thinks that's an ability any game developer that isn't suffering from severe brain damage would give to players of a fighting game is nuts.

Except that it's not a bug. His abilities clearly state that he gains 3 indestructible charges, so there is no reason why his indestructible charges shouldn't be able to do everything indestructible from prove yourself node, LC, heimdall's synergy can do, as long as he has at least one charge, so this is actually working as intended.

It is also not an exploit. An exploit would be something like the hela bug with heimdall synergy, which needed no skill whatsoever to do, just a synergy. However, to maintain KM's indestructible charges takes some skill, that many people will not be able to do.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I'm actually amazed how many people are able to somehow convince themselves this isn't a bug, or shouldn't be considered a bug. It is theoretically possible to use this feature to take no damage indefinitely. It doesn't matter how much "skill" it takes to do that: that's the very definition of an exploitive bug. I don't even have to read the ability description or the patch notes to know that, and anyone who thinks that's an ability any game developer that isn't suffering from severe brain damage would give to players of a fighting game is nuts.

Except that it's not a bug. His abilities clearly state that he gains 3 indestructible charges, so there is no reason why his indestructible charges shouldn't be able to do everything indestructible from prove yourself node, LC, heimdall's synergy can do, as long as he has at least one charge, so this is actually working as intended.

It is also not an exploit. An exploit would be something like the hela bug with heimdall synergy, which needed no skill whatsoever to do, just a synergy. However, to maintain KM's indestructible charges takes some skill, that many people will not be able to do.

I'm gonna start this by saying again that I would love if they kept this and just changed the wording, but it is in fact a bug and there is reason why his indestructible is different from other forms of indestructible. The difference is all about the wording. Prove yourself: "is indestructible as long as the Attacker's Combo Meter is below 15". Luke Cage: "become indestructible and ignore ALL incoming damage for X seconds". Heimdall synergy: "gain both an Indestructible and an Unstoppable buff which last for 2 seconds". Killmonger: "activates 3 indestructible charges. A charge is spent to ignore all the incoming damage FROM AN ATTACK". Yes, it could be argued that it should negate damage from debuffs applied by the opponent's attacks, like Wolverine's bleeds or Hyperion's incinerates, but since a blocked hit is enough to use up a charge, then shouldn't a single tick of DoT be using up a charge also? Also, things like Caltrops, Bane, Dorm's degen don't come from attacks, so they shouldn't be affected at all by the charges. Again, I would love for this to stay and the wording just be changed, but it just blows my mind that people keep saying it's no different than other forms of indestructible when it's literally right in the wording.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    jdn112586 wrote: »
    @Gamer a bleed is a bleed. Punisher doesn't become bleed immune. He's indestructible. Same with Hela. Its really hard to keep the indestructible charges when your an average player. You lose the charges from blocked hits. So unless you're flawless in fighting and intercepting you lose those charges fairly fast. If you could spam his sp1 and gain the indestructible I'd say he's OP, but building to his sp2 it's hard for 87% of the people in the game to keep up the charges up full time.

When im hav hit thuget kilmonger blok when he hav the cagcne ther never gos away. So. Not sure either but but stil it to op for him.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    In all fairness, The Black Panther suit in the Civil War Movie was Bulletproff (so I assume it can be knife/blade proof as well), so wouldn’t that mean that he should be bleed immune? Also, if that’s the case, then shouldn’t KM be bleed immune at least when he gains his Indestructable charges from using his SP2? Kabam doesn’t have to make KM outright Bleed immune, but maybe after an SP2, that’s be fine.

I swear, sometimes I don’t understand why half of the player base hates these changes (bug or not) and why the other half loves them. Does it have to do with making the fight against all KMs tougher? If so, then shouldn’t making him unbleedable after an SP2, work to attackers advantage? Because then he doesn’t gain extra power from debuffs?

Maybe people should look at the advantages that could come from this? I dunno
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    It's a bug. It shouldn't be working like it was. It was not ment to work that way when he was created and designed, and almost sure this was in their minds when the character was created.
    Not working as intended = Fix for it. They don't want to buff Killmonger at this point, or they just don't want to buff him this way
  • The problem is this question of bug or buff has been around for a few days now. It should not be that difficult for Kabam to decide and communicate if it is a bug or buff. The fact that it takes this long to "figure out" on their end is troubling.
  • BarathKUBarathKU Posts: 26
    I'm recently experiencing damage immunity playing killmonger especially while the opponent uses special 3. Does anyone face the same?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    He should take no damage if he has an indestructible charge
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    The problem is this question of bug or buff has been around for a few days now. It should not be that difficult for Kabam to decide and communicate if it is a bug or buff. The fact that it takes this long to "figure out" on their end is troubling.

What do you mean? We already know its a bug its been confirmed in this thread
  • BarathKUBarathKU Posts: 26
    @will-o-wisp I think I see him immune even without that but I will try again. Thanks
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Defending this is like defending pre 12.0 Scarlet Witch., "She doesn't regen, power lock, stun on EVERY hit, so it's fair!"
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Defending this is like defending pre 12.0 Scarlet Witch., "She doesn't regen, power lock, stun on EVERY hit, so it's fair!"

Lol. Even if she wasn’t nerfed to the complete ground before, and was still Beyond God tier today, she would still be terrible in terms of utility. I don’t see her taking down a 5/65 Awakened Korg anytime soon.

So why’d they nerf her anyway?
  • Hey y'all!

Just a heads up, we working on a fix for this and hope to have it out soon. Thank you all for your patience.
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    Hey y'all!

Just a heads up, we working on a fix for this and hope to have it out soon. Thank you all for your patience.

Don't hurry lol
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    He should take no damage if he has an indestructible charge

The thing with this is that he isn't indestructible for X seconds or X hits. He loses a charge when he takes any damage, including a blocked hit. So even if his charges were made to ignore DOT, each tick of DOT should be using up a charge.
  • Xyz123Xyz123 Posts: 61
    Please keep this, I feel it adds a lot to killmonger's vibe of being a very skill based champion.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    If Luke cage is under a D.O.T debuff and his indestructible is activated,the damage from the debuff stops during the indestructible buff. Is he bugged too then?
  • @Ahitlaw same with Punisher and Hela. If you have a DOT debuff on them they take no damage. This mean they are bugged as well.
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    If the charges aren't actually going to make KM indestructible the same way as other indestructible charges, shouldn't they be called "invulnerability charges"...the description in his profile closer matches that nice little boost available in the store today.
  • Hi all,

Today a fix was put live for the issue where Killmonger was not receiving any damage from effects such as Degeneration or Limbo while he has an Indestructible Charge. Please see the announcement thread here.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all,

Today a fix was put live for the issue where Killmonger was not receiving any damage from effects such as Degeneration or Limbo while he has an Indestructible Charge. Please see the announcement thread here.

So why is it that bugs that help the player gets fixed so quickly, but bugs that hurt us remain untouched? Says alot.