**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing Back Issue #1: Ultron's Assault

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Love this idea. Best rewards since Act 5. Since we are getting all nostalgic about old quests y'all should increase the max level to 70 so we can level up again as we run this quest. It would help complete the experience...
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Are Wolverine and Scarlet Witch coming as 5*?
  • Coolness, as a more inexperienced player it doesn't really effect me too much at this moment. But if I were a more advanced player i'd like it. The rewards are amazing too.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    How big is the quest? Size of a normal event quest or are we talking RTTL or LOL sized?

It is the size of the original Ultron's Assault Event Quest, but some of you may not know... This Event Quest had 9 quests, and not 6 like our current Event Quests.

But they were smaller quests than what we get now right? What will the energy costs be?

I’m old so my memory is probably wrong, but iirc this quest was long, really long 🤔
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    tntsl wrote: »
    IMO there should be 3 difficulty levels. It sounds like the levels are going to be roughly equivalent to Regular and Uncollected in the monthly quests - at least based on the rewards that's what it looks like.

These rewards are arguably better than what you get in act 5, something tells me this is going to make the monthly UC Quests feel like easy mode and be more on par with LOL difficulty.
  • Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360
    Philly3974 wrote: »
    For the all the new content being added, on top of story mode, monthly event quests, special side events, etc, and since it was made clear in previous posts that you have no intention of increasing levels beyond 60, each mode of content should have separate energy (story, monthly EQ, back issues..) or lower costs of energy per move to 1 or 2 energy (max)...

players will have to buy LOADS (probably Kabam intended to make player spend) of energy refills to complete content esp with the energy recharge timer taking as long as it does now.. 70 energy doesn’t go far when last chapter of events take 3-4 energy per move..

Its permanent, take your time.

I know, but it’d be nice to do a quest in the ultron event, then maybe do a quest in story mode then jump to monthly eq, so I’d be doing a little bit of everything each day, but that’s nearly impossible with just 70 energy to spread out between all content..
    edited November 2018
    Campo4 wrote: »
    I like the 2015 champions thing because most of us wouldn't use t2a on them, so to be able to rank them up without consuming those resources is just good for roster building. And 3 of them on top of it.

Skill - Hawkeye would be great
    Tech - if you don't have SL up, great
    Cosmic - Venom is great now
    Science - Spidey for defense
    Mutant...well Red Cyk is supposedly great in AW
    Mystic - Magik if you don't have her up yet or Guilly

All decent enough characters that you wouldn't necessarily rank over more modern champs, but now can.

People sleep on Storm, mine is already at r4 and her l2 crits at well over 40k. I ranked her a long time ago (first 5* I ever took to r4) and did 2 LOL pathes with her. Captain Marvel is another one that OG players used for LOL when SL was not an option, she hits hard and is poison immune. Luke Cage, Drax, Winter Soldier, Jane Foster, Ronan, Hulk and BP Classic also are some decent OG champs avaialable as 5* if you know how to use them. UC, Rhino, Electro and any of the Spider-men are useful on defense.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Are there plans to increase the current 5* signature stones inventory cap? Variant quest rewards include a lot of 5* signature stone crystals, players may end up having to burn 5* signature stones on arena champions. I’m currently feeding Crossbones and Luke Cage when I’d rather save for Korg and Gladiator Hulk:

nbbnnjv64ynx.png
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    IMO there should be 3 difficulty levels. It sounds like the levels are going to be roughly equivalent to Regular and Uncollected in the monthly quests - at least based on the rewards that's what it looks like.

These rewards are arguably better than what you get in act 5, something tells me this is going to make the monthly UC Quests feel like easy mode and be more on par with LOL difficulty.

But the Classic level rewards won't be worth it and Variant level rewards will be unattainable for many of the mid tier players. There should be a level in the middle, otherwise this is a beginner or super advanced quest only.

No it’s not it’s a permanent quest... you do it when you have the roster. It’s like completing act 4 and complaining that starting act 5 is too difficult but exploring act 3 gives terrible rewards.

But the Classic level rewards won't be worth it and Variant level rewards will be unattainable for many of the mid tier players. There should be a level in the middle, otherwise this is a beginner or super advanced quest only.

That's why it's permanent content, just like LOL

True, but it's permanent content so it will be there when you are ready for it. I don't know that there is much point in making new permanent content that is for everyone at whatever stage they are at. There is no reason to make an easy version of Act 6 so that new players can experience it...they already have the previous acts, the monthly EQ, and side quests. As far as I can tell the classic version is being released more for nostalgia than to make it more inclusive.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Best 2015 champs by class:

Cosmic: Symbiote Spider-Man, Captain Marvel and Venom. I already have one of them at 4/55 and the other two I don't have them.
    Tech: Ultron, SL and Iron Man (lolwut). this one isn't too bad but I don't even have SL.
    Mutant: Storm. then just after comes Cyclops and Magneto who suck big time. Storm literally is the only good champ of that class at that time.
    Skill: Hawkeye, BP, WS, Elektra (top pick).
    Science: Luke Cage, Yellowjacket, Captain America and Hulk. OG Spidey isn't bad as well
    Mystic: Magik and Guilly.

So yeah, an Tech or Mutant 2015 AG would really be terrible imo.

Anyways, Judging by the rewards I heavily doubt I'll be able to even complete this quest (this could be a LOL or Symbiote difficulty-like event quest), but that 2.1m gold looks soo tempting. lol. Still looks like an veeery cool quest and looking forward to try it.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Lol stop opening crystals.

Did that for 3 months. Stopped caring when I was close enough to maxing my top 4 5* champions’ sig abilities.
  • tntsltntsl Posts: 64

That's why it's permanent content, just like LOL

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.
    Equating it to Act 3, 4, 5 etc. doesn't really make sense because they are a basic progression. But it is just like LOL like you said. LOL didn't interest me much either so more content I'll pass on. To each their own.
  • tntsl wrote: »

And two levels between those, and four levels between all of those. Ad infinitum.

In all seriousness, I think you're looking at the two difficulties as if they were intended to represent a range of difficulties with only two points. I don't get that impression at all. I think the two difficulties are two completely different pieces of content with completely different purposes that happen to leverage the old Ultron content. The classic difficulty is intended to give players a flashback to an old event and is intended to be relatively easy for most players of sufficient progress to complete. The variant difficulty isn't just intended to be some amount more difficult, it is intended to be aspirational content that only the highest progress players should be able to complete, and everyone else will have to work towards. Because it is permanent content, it isn't intended to offer a lot of different difficulty levels to try to match different player progress.

In other words, if you think most players will be in the middle, you're right, and that's deliberately intentional. It isn't meant for everyone to find an appropriately tuned difficulty like most monthly quests do. It (meaning variant difficulty) is meant to be a singular goal to strive to achieve.
  • KevinFF1961KevinFF1961 Posts: 93
    Do you expect this to be harder than act 5.4? I'm guessing this won't be LOL hard
  • SknZn wrote: »
    Are Wolverine and Scarlet Witch coming as 5*?

They aren't likely to say until it actually happens. The announcement is simply saying that the 2015 rank up gems will work on those champions on the list if they actually exist as 5* champions, including if they are eventually added to the game. But they aren't making any promises that if you wait long enough you're guaranteed to get all of them as 5* champs. *If* they come out, the rank up will work on them.
  • Do you expect this to be harder than act 5.4? I'm guessing this won't be LOL hard

If I had to guess, I would guess that variant will be an early preview of Act 6-level difficulty.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    So they are crystals meaning we will have random chance at class???? I sure hope not.
  • tntsltntsl Posts: 64
    DNA3000 wrote: »

And two levels between those, and four levels between all of those. Ad infinitum.

In all seriousness, I think you're looking at the two difficulties as if they were intended to represent a range of difficulties with only two points. I don't get that impression at all. I think the two difficulties are two completely different pieces of content with completely different purposes that happen to leverage the old Ultron content. The classic difficulty is intended to give players a flashback to an old event and is intended to be relatively easy for most players of sufficient progress to complete. The variant difficulty isn't just intended to be some amount more difficult, it is intended to be aspirational content that only the highest progress players should be able to complete, and everyone else will have to work towards. Because it is permanent content, it isn't intended to offer a lot of different difficulty levels to try to match different player progress.

In other words, if you think most players will be in the middle, you're right, and that's deliberately intentional. It isn't meant for everyone to find an appropriately tuned difficulty like most monthly quests do. It (meaning variant difficulty) is meant to be a singular goal to strive to achieve.

Well said. That makes a lot of sense and many will likely find it to be good new content.
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    So they are crystals meaning we will have random chance at class???? I sure hope not.

They look like random class crystals to me.
  • tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    I don’t mind the 2015 only rank up, but since it’s already so limited, why not make it generic? Not even arguing the usefulness of some of the champs, but of the 8 mutants listed, only 4 are actually obtainable.

While highly unlikely, what happens if a player has already taken those champs to R4 and then pulls multiple mutant gems that can never be used? Since it’s limited to 2015 champs, you can’t just wait to pull a new one.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    tkt546 wrote: »
    I don’t mind the 2015 only rank up, but since it’s already so limited, why not make it generic? Not even arguing the usefulness of some of the champs, but of the 8 mutants listed, only 4 are actually obtainable.

While highly unlikely, what happens if a player has already taken those champs to R4 and then pulls multiple mutant gems that can never be used? Since it’s limited to 2015 champs, you can’t just wait to pull a new one.

For a few of these classes I will just be waiting. If I get cosmic, I’ll wait for Thor. If I get mystic, I’ll wait for SW. If I get mutant I’ll wait for Wolvie. They may never come but it’ll be ready if they do.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    tkt546 wrote: »

Please for once remove the randomness so people can actually rank who they want.
  • Sp3edD3m0nSp3edD3m0n Posts: 90
    MCOC Team wrote: »

Here are all of the Champions that these Rank Up Gems will work on. NOTE: Some of these Champions are not available at the 5-Star Rarity. This list does not necessarily indicate that they will be released.

First off, love the announcement, new difficulty and rewards.

Now, why would you include all of the champs even though they might not have a 5 star variant. It makes the list difficult to scan and identify your options.

To me it seems, that there is more champs being released as a 5 star variant and y'all dont want give that away so you included everyone. Since that message is already conveyed, can you all include only the 5 star variants and put a caption saying current list as of nov 2018. Says the same thing and is more helpful.