**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing Back Issue #1: Ultron's Assault

Comments

• Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    tkt546 wrote: »
    I don’t mind the 2015 only rank up, but since it’s already so limited, why not make it generic? Not even arguing the usefulness of some of the champs, but of the 8 mutants listed, only 4 are actually obtainable.

While highly unlikely, what happens if a player has already taken those champs to R4 and then pulls multiple mutant gems that can never be used? Since it’s limited to 2015 champs, you can’t just wait to pull a new one.

the worst thing of the mutants is that only one is actually decent.
  • Can we have some info , like what hp they will have around ?
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I don’t mind the 2015 only rank up, but since it’s already so limited, why not make it generic? Not even arguing the usefulness of some of the champs, but of the 8 mutants listed, only 4 are actually obtainable.

While highly unlikely, what happens if a player has already taken those champs to R4 and then pulls multiple mutant gems that can never be used? Since it’s limited to 2015 champs, you can’t just wait to pull a new one.

For a few of these classes I will just be waiting. If I get cosmic, I’ll wait for Thor. If I get mystic, I’ll wait for SW. If I get mutant I’ll wait for Wolvie. They may never come but it’ll be ready if they do.

You might be waiting forever, they said some of the champs do not exist as 5* variant and the list is not an indicator that they ever will. The three you named specifically have never been released as 5* and there is a good chance they never will be.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Gonna stay busy with this tomorrow. Im sure the school will understand

Take your time! I know you're probably joking, but I want to reiterate that this is permanent content and you do not need to rush to finish it!

Based on this comment I guess it's safe to assume there is no Legends competition or title associated with this?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Here is a playlist of what i found uploaded on the youtube. Shows energy costs of 1/3/3 for the 3 acts. It doesnt look like the tuber uploaded 3.2 and 3.3.

• Sp3edD3m0n wrote: »
    MCOC Team wrote: »

Here are all of the Champions that these Rank Up Gems will work on. NOTE: Some of these Champions are not available at the 5-Star Rarity. This list does not necessarily indicate that they will be released.

First off, love the announcement, new difficulty and rewards.

Now, why would you include all of the champs even though they might not have a 5 star variant. It makes the list difficult to scan and identify your options.

To me it seems, that there is more champs being released as a 5 star variant and y'all dont want give that away so you included everyone. Since that message is already conveyed, can you all include only the 5 star variants and put a caption saying current list as of nov 2018. Says the same thing and is more helpful.

To me, it seems like they released a list of all the champs released up to 2015. I would prefer that to a constantly updated list based on what is currently released as 5* champs because that will just create an endless set of questions whenever they decide to release a 2015 champ as a new 5*.

It is really no different than saying something works on "mutant" champs without actually listing every single mutant champ and then updating that list constantly. In this case, the gems work on 5* 2015 champs, and the list in the announcement just makes it easier to know which champs are 2015 champs. That list is by definition complete, so doesn't have to be constantly updated.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    OKAYGang wrote: »

For a few of these classes I will just be waiting. If I get cosmic, I’ll wait for Thor. If I get mystic, I’ll wait for SW. If I get mutant I’ll wait for Wolvie. They may never come but it’ll be ready if they do.

You might be waiting forever, they said some of the champs do not exist as 5* variant and the list is not an indicator that they ever will. The three you named specifically have never been released as 5* and there is a good chance they never will be.

I realize that. And that’s why I said they may never come. But when you look at the alternatives there’s really not a whole lot else to do with them. I’m not going to use the rank up gem on Super Effective Cyclops because I want to actually be challenged and not be able to blow through the entire game soloing everything with him.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hilarious! That joke is almost as old as the original Ultron’s assault from 2015. 😹 Hope you’re lucky enough to roll all mutant gems so you can have Cyclops and still hold out for Wolvie.

P.S. Cyclops was super effective back in the day, just ask anyone who had to fight him on the thorns node in AW.

I realize that. And that’s why I said they may never come. But when you look at the alternatives there’s really not a whole lot else to do with them. I’m not going to use the rank up gem on Super Effective Cyclops because I want to actually be challenged and not be able to blow through the entire game soloing everything with him.

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Hilarious! That joke is almost as old as the original Ultron’s assault from 2015. 😹 Hope you’re lucky enough to roll all mutant gems so you can have Cyclops and still hold out for Wolvie.

P.S. Cyclops was super effective back in the day, just ask anyone who had to fight him on the thorns node in AW.

It still amuses me. As they say an oldie but a goodie.
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    @Kabam Miike Where's this contents difficulty sit amongst the likes of Rol/Rttl/LOL?
  • Are those rewards also permanent? Or is it like when each chapter of act 5 was introduced where you get top rewards for finishing early then after a couple months the rewards got scaled down
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    FilodudeX wrote: »
    Are those rewards also permanent? Or is it like when each chapter of act 5 was introduced where you get top rewards for finishing early then after a couple months the rewards got scaled down

That never happened ... Tge rewards are the same as they were on day 1
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Xyz123 wrote: »
    well... more rewards for whales and people who maxed out their 5 star champs... I only have one r3 five star and I am trying to progress, yet it is really slow

It’s permanent content. You’ll get it done when you can get it done...
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    There really is no point complaining about this quest though as it is permanent.

Like there is no point in complaint about the mini uncollected titles they gave out just now(there was/is many complaints about that
  • Dead1Dead1 Posts: 226
    will be coming?
  • OKAYGang wrote: »
    Campo4 wrote: »
    I like the 2015 champions thing because most of us wouldn't use t2a on them, so to be able to rank them up without consuming those resources is just good for roster building. And 3 of them on top of it.

Skill - Hawkeye would be great
    Tech - if you don't have SL up, great
    Cosmic - Venom is great now
    Science - Spidey for defense
    Mutant...well Red Cyk is supposedly great in AW
    Mystic - Magik if you don't have her up yet or Guilly

All decent enough characters that you wouldn't necessarily rank over more modern champs, but now can.

People sleep on Storm, mine is already at r4 and her l2 crits at well over 40k. I ranked her a long time ago (first 5* I ever took to r4) and did 2 LOL pathes with her. Captain Marvel is another one that OG players used for LOL when SL was not an option, she hits hard and is poison immune. Luke Cage, Drax, Winter Soldier, Jane Foster, Ronan, Hulk and BP Classic also are some decent OG champs avaialable as 5* if you know how to use them. UC, Rhino, Electro and any of the Spider-men are useful on defense.

Will the quest be limited to 2015 champions only?
  • Will the quest be limited to 2015 champions only??
    Like using old champions that were available in 2015 only?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Now I understand. :)
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Shouldn't there be a mid-tier for rewards? It seems like a big jump from the Classic rewards to the Variant rewards... 2 and 3*s as one option and 5 and 6*s as the second...
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Will the quest be limited to 2015 champions only??
    Like using old champions that were available in 2015 only?

No lol
  • Des1234Des1234 Posts: 80
    I’m not complying about the rewards at all but you guys could’ve put some t2 alpha in there for us
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Des1234 wrote: »
    I’m not complying about the rewards at all but you guys could’ve put some t2 alpha in there for us

There is 22 t2a's worth of rank up gems. The rewards are insane don't see how anyone can have any complaints about them