**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing Back Issue #1: Ultron's Assault

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Des1234 wrote: »
    I’m not complying about the rewards at all but you guys could’ve put some t2 alpha in there for us

There's the equivalent of 22 t2a worth of rank up gems there.... Not to mention the t1a, t4b, and t5b

Yes you're limited to a champ/year class but that's still more than I got for LoL exploration. Jeez

Agreed. The only thing that disappoints me is that there are so few champions from 2015 worth using a r3-r4 gem on. I for sure want a cosmic for Venom, and maybe a mutant for Storm, but other than that, I a lot of them really suck. I already have Magik at r4, and I don't have Guillotine. It's really going to be a "Save for the one specific champ" type of deal which is already what we experience from the RNG. Not really complaining about the rewards, more just about how bad champs from 2015 are. Shows just how much we need an update to old champions.
  • Des1234Des1234 Posts: 80
    Then why throw in the t5b? I’m not complaining by any means at all the rewards are fantastic and kabam have done a wonderful job there I’m just saying some t2 alpha wouldn’t hurt
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    Nemore wrote: »
    How difficult would it have been to alphabetize the 2015 champ list?

that is what you take from this entire announcment...
    LOL
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Then why throw in the t5b? I’m not complaining by any means at all the rewards are fantastic and kabam have done a wonderful job there I’m just saying some t2 alpha wouldn’t hurt

It's not really one-stop shopping, perse. I'd say the Rewards are more than tempting. T5B is not that easy to come by. Rank-up Gems, even harder. As for whether it's worth the amount of effort, that remains to be seen. I have a pretty good feeling it will be appropriate.
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    Yeah, if I got the science 5 3 to 4 rank up, Luke Cage is going to be magic.
  • HeretodieHeretodie Posts: 126
    edited November 2018
    Lol too the players upset that this is a end game content and rewards event. Be upset you didn’t start playing sooner, I can remember when I had to grind my butt off to get a 4* and when I finally got one it was Groot... then Spidergwen. Fast forward and they’re giving 5* crystals away every other month. Made t4cc easily obtainable and t1 alphas 5X more available to make ranking 5* easier. Yes this content is for the top players in the game, as it should be. It’s been over a year since the last End game content came out and after 10 days every month I’m left auto fighting for days waiting for something else to do. So pony up and spend a **** ton of money, or grind it out like the rest of us who’ve been here 3+ years. The Hero’s in the last 15 months have been so game changing that end game content is far more achievable then it was when I started. So I have little to no sympathy for “where’s the rewards for new players.” I’m “8 months in and think this blows because it’s for whales.” .... no it’s for players who have ground their way through this game, played arena for 8 million points to get Gwenpool (the second time she came) just to have a hero who’s decent.
  • HeretodieHeretodie Posts: 126
    vishnu01 wrote: »
    and for the intermediate ones? we have many that we want to grow but we are not recent a crystal of three stars is useless for us .. and the variant level only those who have been playing for years could go this is unfair .. .as well as the symbiote mission and we could not finish it because the epic mission was very difficult and we could not enter symbiote mission ... soon I will stop playing .. keep focusing on players who have a lot of time ... and soon many will stop playing too

Point proven one commment below, get off your horse, you have no idea how easy it is to advance now then it was when we were “middle” players. So sorry this isn’t the free 5* from Epic Gwenpool event that you didn’t have to earn at all. Or the free featured you didn’t have to earn if because kabam gave you all the tools you needed to succeed. It took me 18 months to earn a 5* and you expect a free rank 5 and 4 free r 4s... spend the money or leave the game.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    My only question is why bring up the old original difficulty at all. If this is just about creating new and hard content then do that. But don't just create a meaningless piece of auto play for us to do.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    and for the intermediate ones? we have many that we want to grow but we are not recent a crystal of three stars is useless for us .. and the variant level only those who have been playing for years could go this is unfair .. .as well as the symbiote mission and we could not finish it because the epic mission was very difficult and we could not enter symbiote mission ... soon I will stop playing .. keep focusing on players who have a lot of time ... and soon many will stop playing too

So keep playing the content that's already there that wasn't there for people that started years ago
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

Also got something to say about your comment: this new content isn't for you...it's intended to help the new folks and the most experienced players. It's permanent. Let it sit for a while like rol, lol etc. Do the content you need to get your account up to the level of this new content. But don't let it discourage you. Seriously from the sounds of it you have plenty of game play to get through. Good luck.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I’m not complying about the rewards at all but you guys could’ve put some t2 alpha in there for us

There's the equivalent of 22 t2a worth of rank up gems there.... Not to mention the t1a, t4b, and t5b

Yes you're limited to a champ/year class but that's still more than I got for LoL exploration. Jeez

Agreed. The only thing that disappoints me is that there are so few champions from 2015 worth using a r3-r4 gem on. I for sure want a cosmic for Venom, and maybe a mutant for Storm, but other than that, I a lot of them really suck. I already have Magik at r4, and I don't have Guillotine. It's really going to be a "Save for the one specific champ" type of deal which is already what we experience from the RNG. Not really complaining about the rewards, more just about how bad champs from 2015 are. Shows just how much we need an update to old champions.

zkaw4ukswae2.jpg

kh1urn85uzuo.jpg

All champs that while I probably wouldn't use t2a on, I wouldn't mind having ranked in my roster as they could have some valid use. That's why I actually like this idea. It forces people to think of a use for a champ they wouldn't typically even consider
  • Sillyboy710Sillyboy710 Posts: 33
    looking at those rewards makes me think that the content with be of the device smashing difficulty level
    Insure those iPhones now boys coz you gonna be throwing them
  • SVWISVWI Posts: 74
    It’s too good to be true. Just to make sure I’m not misreading things here- are those really rank up gems or rank down gems?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Im like it. Rewards insane
    SVWI wrote: »
    It’s too good to be true. Just to make sure I’m not misreading things here- are those really rank up gems or rank down gems?

Rank Up.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    How the classic version stack up against today's EQ in terms of difficulty and are the rewards identical to what was offered during its original run?

Are there any plans to re-run special events such as Ming Na, Boss Rush etc etc?

edited November 2018
    Jestress wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    My only question is why bring up the old original difficulty at all. If this is just about creating new and hard content then do that. But don't just create a meaningless piece of auto play for us to do.

It's about more than just creating new difficult content! A lot has happened in the Battlerealm over the last almost 4 years. This gives us a way to let Summoners who weren't around back then to experience what it was like when Ultron took over the Contest, and to live through that story that still has some bearing today.

While most of the event quests that unraveled the Story of the Contest happened much later, this is a good place to start, since it was first!

Can we get the old willpower back too?

No thanks. With the amount of Debuffs in the game now, you want to Grind against that? XD
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I know back issues is going to be a permanent game mode. The question is, how often will they cycle past event quests. I.E, how long will ultron's assault last before the put in the next "past event". And when they do, will the rewards be refreshed as well.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Why is there a HUGE gap between rewards for Classic and Variant? I am sure I can do a difficulty between them but like this, Classic doesn't seem worth it at all
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Why is there a HUGE gap between rewards for Classic and Variant? I am sure I can do a difficulty between them but like this, Classic doesn't seem worth it at all

Free units for free energy. Not complaining.
    xNig wrote: »

Free units for free energy. Not complaining.

First thing I thought of. Lol.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

@The_Unknown the Classic is there for fun and nostalgia. People that weren't there at the time can see what the contest was like and people that were can revisit it. The Variant is new, permanent content for people who have done all the content in the game, and it will be there for everyone when they get there. EQ is every month and is meant to be for everyone. New permanent content is also for everyone who progresses through the existing content. At whatever point we have maxed 6*s, new permanent content would look impossible for people who are at the level of current end game players.

It's about more than just creating new difficult content! A lot has happened in the Battlerealm over the last almost 4 years. This gives us a way to let Summoners who weren't around back then to experience what it was like when Ultron took over the Contest, and to live through that story that still has some bearing today.

While most of the event quests that unraveled the Story of the Contest happened much later, this is a good place to start, since it was first!

No thanks. With the amount of Debuffs in the game now, you want to Grind against that? XD

Good point. I wonder how many top tier champs right now would become unusable in War with the old Willpower.

Good point. I wonder how many top tier champs right now would become unusable in War with the old Willpower.

I still remember the old AW Maps with almost un-killable Wolvies as the middle mini. 3-4k regen per tick when we were hammering him down with 4* 5/50s. LOL
    Hopefully we get 40-50k opponents on Variant difficulty with some nodes on.

UC at 15-20k is getting too easy. Only the boss is challenging. =X
    xNig wrote: »

I still remember the old AW Maps with almost un-killable Wolvies as the middle mini. 3-4k regen per tick when we were hammering him down with 4* 5/50s. LOL

Me too lol. I remember alliance mates who loved Scarlet Witch's nullify unduped being upset when they duped her because willpower would heal up war enemies. I'm not a fan of nerfs in general but the willpower nerf and the removal of the Leadership synergy really were better for the game.