**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Don't want sharing? Give us 30 minute timers

30 minute timers for both AQ and AW will completely solve the issue of sharing.

Rather than people logging in every 5 hours to use their full energy, they'll be able to log in any time and make a meaningful contribution.

Nobody wants to stay up until 2 or 3am to finish AQ map 5 and 6. Your stupid design of the AQ and AW maps, thinking that everyone is available every hour of the day, is the sole reason people share accounts.

Comments

• ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    I don't cheat and I've never shared my account.

I consider myself active and available for AQ and aw most of the time. I use my time efficiently. However this cannot be the case for everyone in my alliance.

Shorter timers boosts the productivity of each log in, thus allowing people to make a better contribution without holding everyone else up.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    edited July 2017
    no need for 30 min timers. also no need to stay up until 2-3am. manage your resources better or find a more reliable group of players.
    Drains wrote: »
    What if your alliance is a group of friends and you have been playing for years. Just throw that all away?

Agreed. Friendship is what keeps us all coming back to play. Kabam should place more emphasis on this.

Make our playing experience more enjoyable, and put less pressure/strain on these friendships.
    Drains wrote: »
    What if your alliance is a group of friends and you have been playing for years. Just throw that all away?

do I need to repeat myself? manage your resources better
  • WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    Just don't share and play the right way. Easy
  • DrainsDrains Posts: 158
    I feel like I'm repeating myself but I am having trouble managing my resources.
    DAVIDTH wrote: »
    How about playing what you can and not cheating, or demanding Wins by breaking rules?!

Shut it! You don't do map 5 or 6 so you wouldn't understand the need for people to always move

eh....map 5 does not require that.

map 6 just requires coordination and communication - get better at both
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    How about playing what you can and not cheating, or demanding Wins by breaking rules?!

Shut it! You don't do map 5 or 6 so you wouldn't understand the need for people to always move

I'm not a turnip. I understand the need to move in AQ. That doesn't justify breaking any rules. If the Rewards mean so much, to the point of cheating, then those people undoubtedly have a problem. I will not shut anything. Wrong is wrong. I don't care what demand the Ally places on people. One Account should not be used by more than one person. Those Rewards are not earned fairly. If they have to wait, then they have to wait. That's how the game works. Furthermore, the Timer Debate has been had ad nauseum, and using the issue of bans as leverage is just in bad taste. The design is made for 1 Hour Timers. Not everyone benefits from the decreased Timer. If the game is so demanding, perhaps people need to find an Ally with somewhat lower expectations than having no patience for people to move.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★

I'm not a turnip. I understand the need to move in AQ. That doesn't justify breaking any rules. If the Rewards mean so much, to the point of cheating, then those people undoubtedly have a problem. I will not shut anything. Wrong is wrong. I don't care what demand the Ally places on people. One Account should not be used by more than one person. Those Rewards are not earned fairly. If they have to wait, then they have to wait. That's how the game works. Furthermore, the Timer Debate has been had ad nauseum, and using the issue of bans as leverage is just in bad taste. The design is made for 1 Hour Timers. Not everyone benefits from the decreased Timer. If the game is so demanding, perhaps people need to find an Ally with somewhat lower expectations than having no patience for people to move.

Name more than 5 people where 30 minute timers do not help?
  • Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    edited July 2017

I've been doing map 5 and 6 for a long time... and also never shared my account info. I've admittedly sometimes lost sleep, so I do wish we had 30 minute timers. That being said, those who account share are in fact cheating. If you can't handle map 5 or 6, and you require the sharing of your account to succeed, then you shouldn't be doing those maps.. Go to a lower alliance that does map 2 or 3 and play fair.
    Noobeeus wrote: »

I'll do one better. Everyone who is not able to log on as often as the rest of people on all day. Everyone who lives in a different Time Zone than those on and ready to start AQ the moment it opens. Everyone who is in said Time Zones and in an Ally that is playing a Map that takes less time than 5 and 6, and who will not be able to participate because Maps will be completed by the time they log on. The entire argument is always had with tunnel vision. "We want to finish faster. It helps us so it can't possibly hurt anyone.". The design is made for 1 hour. They have stated this. They've also stated that they have no plans to change it, and that they tried the option long-term before, and found that it led to problems. I'm about done with it myself. It's not fair to inconvenience some and exclude them from participating to allow others to finish faster.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    A little advice if a game mode that is optional for you to do starts getting taxing to the point where u consider cheating maby go down a level to wherever capable of doing it legit again just a thought
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    You don't need 30 minute timers to finish Map 5. I have international players in my alliance and we explore Map 5 all the time.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Been completing map 5 100% for all 5 days. It usually takes on average 12 hours to complete, assuming that all players are active throughout the day.

30 min AQ timer would greatly help, but not essential for players to complete map 5/6.

I'll do one better. Everyone who is not able to log on as often as the rest of people on all day. Everyone who lives in a different Time Zone than those on and ready to start AQ the moment it opens. Everyone who is in said Time Zones and in an Ally that is playing a Map that takes less time than 5 and 6, and who will not be able to participate because Maps will be completed by the time they log on. The entire argument is always had with tunnel vision. "We want to finish faster. It helps us so it can't possibly hurt anyone.". The design is made for 1 hour. They have stated this. They've also stated that they have no plans to change it, and that they tried the option long-term before, and found that it led to problems. I'm about done with it myself. It's not fair to inconvenience some and exclude them from participating to allow others to finish faster.

So 30 minute timers would be of immense help to you! If you don't like logging in often, it's great! It means that when you do log in, you'll certainly have full energy and be able to use your time more productively, exploring more of the map.

30 minute timers are for exactly those people who can't log in hourly. What don't you understand...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    ADDZZ wrote: »

So 30 minute timers would be of immense help to you! If you don't like logging in often, it's great! It means that when you do log in, you'll certainly have full energy and be able to use your time more productively, exploring more of the map.

30 minute timers are for exactly those people who can't log in hourly. What don't you understand...

You don't need to login hourly to spend energy that takes 5 hours to fully accumulate.
    ADDZZ wrote: »

You missed what I said. This is exactly what my point was about the entire discussion. Those who want it can't see how it's a detriment to some. The design is for 1 Hour Timers. There are reasons for it. No one who wants faster Timers will accept them. The game team can't say it in these words, but I sure can. It's not happening. Not unless they redesign the entire AQ structure. If they have something planned that I don't know about, then I would be wrong. Otherwise, it's not going to be a permanent change. Even though it's brought up every other day.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Been completing map 5 100% for all 5 days. It usually takes on average 12 hours to complete, assuming that all players are active throughout the day.

30 min AQ timer would greatly help, but not essential for players to complete map 5/6.

This is 100% accurate.

When I was in a top 25 alliance more than a year ago, we had no problems completing map 5 until near the end when the revolving door of people leaving and entering the alliance wore us down. That is, the new people were on different schedules. Still completed the maps but people (mainly the same 2 officers) were whining the entire way.

People were also shuffled between battle groups too, which is significant since BGs aren't open all at the same time and thus requiring schedule adjustments. At one point, the BGs were competing against each other to see who can complete first. That all changed.

But the last straw were the officers who think they can just change their own schedule and have the rest of us compensate by waking up at 2 in the morning. It isn't surprising that my old alliance no longer exist.

But the title of this thread is amusing. It is like saying, if you don't want the bank to be robbed then leave the damn vault open.

• AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    @VandalSavage nah a more apt analogy would be a husband who cheated on his wife on their nanny telling her "You want me to stop cheating? Hire an uglier nanny." xD.

I agree with what was said earlier. If an alliance has to resort to sharing accounts to clear maps in AQ, then maybe they should start doing smaller maps.
    Account sharing is against the TOS. Can't argue about it.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    From my experience the only time you "need" to account share is when an alliance is carrying someone who can't keep up commitment wise or someone is on vacation or has a major event during the middle of aq or aw.

I have never shared my login but I have logged in to do a fight in the bathroom of a church while attending a christening.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Ok, so this topic has been raised pretty frequently in the past, but here's what I understand:

- The players want a 30 minute energy timer, so that AQ maps can be completed faster, preventing the need for waking up in the middle of the night should they still be needed.

- This also increases convenience, as when players log in during working hours or after work, they are able to move more as more of their energy will be recharged.

- Kabam on the other hand, says otherwise, as 30 minute timers are apparently "stressful" for players as their team mates may demand them to move faster since they already have energy.

- Furthermore, by adding the 30 minute energy timer, there is a lack of way to compensate players AQ-wise should something fail (currently if let's say there was a downtime for the entire first day of AQ, Kabam probably will add a 30-minute timer as "compensation". If they added 30-min timers as a permanent addition, how are they going to compensate?)

- Thirdly, I think it was mentioned somewhere that the maps were intended to be completed with the 1-hour timer as they were built with that factor in mind. Putting it to 30-minutes may mean revamping every map design to suit the new energy timer.

So that's the main problem. The fact that both sides have their own rightful cons should a 30-minute timer be placed or not be placed. No side is completely right in this. Now the real question is which side is "more right" or has more benefits than the other side...

Personally, I'd love the 30-minute timer, but at the same time, if it isn't going to be implemented permanently, I can fully understand why they wouldn't do it.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    You don't need 30 minute timers to finish Map 5. I have international players in my alliance and we explore Map 5 all the time.

This^^

Same here. We Rarely miss exploring map 5. I have players from the US, UK, HK, Malaysia, Australia, Turkey, and others I'm sure as well.

We do NOT account share, and are not forced to stay up all night for AQ either.

We PLAN for time zone issues. The biggest issue is vacation, but generally not too much of an issue.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    30 minutes timers= amazing idea

However people will still share account due to lack of skill!
This discussion has been closed.