**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing Back Issue #1: Ultron's Assault

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    On the first variant path the nodes say special attacks use 50% less power, but they seem to be bugged and basically use about 25%, this is if I evade ,( I realise that blocking generates power for them,) but I’m watching them do back to back to back l1s, meter at 50% fires l1, still above 33%??? Am I missing something
  • bdawg923 wrote: »
    Hansen_NBC wrote: »
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    I can honestly say I was excited for the Ultron quests but was immediately let down.. I tried to go into variant difficulty but cannot event attempt it because I "do not meet the requirements". So I check out classic difficulty and is a complete joke. The rewards are totally useless to me, someone that doesn't need 3* heroes anymore. Where is the difficulty for intermediate players? The rewards for classic are trash and a waste of time, it's not going to help me progress at all. It doesn't make sense to have such a large gap of difficulty and rewards from classic straight to variant.. like... HUH?!?!

Its class spesific. First one is mutant and skills only

Thank you for clarifying that, either way, my main argument was that they didn't implement a difficulty for the middle guys. Classic is not really worth the rewards and variant is obviously tailored for higher endgame players. It wouldn't be such a bother if they at least made classic rewards worth while.

THE REWARDS ARE THE SAME AS THEY WERE IN 2015. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GET
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    I can honestly say I was excited for the Ultron quests but was immediately let down.. I tried to go into variant difficulty but cannot event attempt it because I "do not meet the requirements". So I check out classic difficulty and is a complete joke. The rewards are totally useless to me, someone that doesn't need 3* heroes anymore. Where is the difficulty for intermediate players? The rewards for classic are trash and a waste of time, it's not going to help me progress at all. It doesn't make sense to have such a large gap of difficulty and rewards from classic straight to variant.. like... HUH?!?!

Thank you for clarifying that, either way, my main argument was that they didn't implement a difficulty for the middle guys. Classic is not really worth the rewards and variant is obviously tailored for higher endgame players. It wouldn't be such a bother if they at least made classic rewards worth while.

Nothing I don't understand about that, but go ahead and hit the caps lock a little harder, just for fun. My argument as I said earlier is that they should have done an intermediate difficulty at least. Why make a super hard difficulty with great rewards if they were supposed to be rewards from 2015? They basically threw the middle finger to intermediate guys and did something for beginners and experts. Understand my view point?

Because intermediate players have tons of content and end game players do not, hence the need for more end game content.

You realize they are coming out with a new act, right? I doubt this is the reason for the variant difficulty. And if that's the reasoning, why even do master or epic difficulties for anything? Might as well go straight from normal to uncollected difficulty.
  • mum_m2 wrote: »
    bdawg923 wrote: »

Nothing I don't understand about that, but go ahead and hit the caps lock a little harder, just for fun. My argument as I said earlier is that they should have done an intermediate difficulty at least. Why make a super hard difficulty with great rewards if they were supposed to be rewards from 2015? They basically threw the middle finger to intermediate guys and did something for beginners and experts. Understand my view point?

That's totally not the case for intermediate players. This actually helps mid level players because it allows you to me to grow your roster and do other content.

It helps if you have the right roster and already high leveled champs. Intermediate difficulties, such as master help me much more because of my roster and level. It makes progression attainable.
  • Oldukça zor. Zorluk seviyesi 2 tane olmamalı ikiden fazla zorluk seviyesi olmalıydı.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Befor im dump in and say anything im like the first quset. The sek one ther is a domino. WHO’s in mutant kil domino esay in mutant. Im hav no ides wont help Not gone to yelling it hard becasse it is hard im migth Not hav the champ yet im like the first it take me 5 atemp. But im dont se any mutant ther Can counter dominos
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    Befor im dump in and say anything im like the first quset. The sek one ther is a domino. WHO’s in mutant kil domino esay in mutant. Im hav no ides wont help Not gone to yelling it hard becasse it is hard im migth Not hav the champ yet im like the first it take me 5 atemp. But im dont se any mutant ther Can counter dominos

Archangel is a great counter to Domino.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    I'm not an end game player; so I took one look at the variant difficulty and backed right out. LOL.

However, I do enjoy using old champs for a bit of challenge; and enjoy a bit of retro nostalgia. So I might do the classic version just for a bit of fun some time, even if the rewards make it kind of pointless (and the energy cost is very high, with six quests at 3 Energy/move).

I do have a question for this and subsequent 'Back Issues': do these adventures include the original Cutscenes? Some of those were really interesting in helping the story develop; so would be interested to see them again.
    edited November 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »

Haha nop dies to deg no Way away that. Was left with 20 procent life.
  • BiancoBianco Posts: 24
    Yyy wtf? Are you kidding me?

dzjimqdpg86j.jpeg
    v6ll5ur22xww.jpeg
    wcpmk8l7ahw3.jpeg
    piga6ue5pz3d.png
    Werewrym wrote: »

But thx any why. Migth giv op for now. Not enuget counter for 5 ultron in a row wher my danmged is asubulet nofing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    It's permanent, Top Tier content. It's not really designed to be piled through the first day. Can some do it that quickly? Most probably. However, they were upfront about the difficulty, and the Rewards were an indication it wouldn't be easy. I'm not aware of many people who bulldozed through LOL the first day. Be patient, people. Chip away at it over time.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    I'm a 700k player and not have a single mutant or talent to R4. This class restriction is just STUPID! Hope is doable with R3...
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    I'm a 700k player and not have a single mutant or talent to R4. This class restriction is just STUPID! Hope is doable with R3...

I'm in the same boat.
    I looked at this, saw the class restrictions.
    My best possible team is 4/55 AA, 5/50 GP, 5/50 Blade (useless without GR), 5/50 iceman and 3/45 unduped Hawkeye.
    My team rating was about 15k below the recommended, I backed out and won't be wasting any energy on this.
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    I understand this is something that people have to work towards but I’ll tell you what, it’s made where you can’t make a single mistake you get no leeway. It’s going to be a terrible Christmas for a lot of people that have this game because it’s going to affect their family life. They’re going to be screaming at their family members for no reason screaming at themselves spending money that needs to be spent on family, It is going to bring the worst out in people during the happy holidays. The difficulty is absolutely Ridiculous,!!!it’s not fun It’s next to impossible to be able to beat it with skill. it Needs you to spend money like crazy even after emptying out your whole free crystal vault. This was a terrible time to release it you should’ve waited until after the new year. People are going to be extremely grumpy because they realize it’s only about skill, It’s about having the skill to spend money because a lot of these bosses are not skill-based. They kill you just by hitting them.They should have made it reasonable to get through it one time and then have to spend to 100%. That’s why a January 3 would’ve been a good release date with people that have that extra money from Christmas or they are more aware of their finances

The_One wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »

I'm in the same boat.
    I looked at this, saw the class restrictions.
    My best possible team is 4/55 AA, 5/50 GP, 5/50 Blade (useless without GR), 5/50 iceman and 3/45 unduped Hawkeye.
    My team rating was about 15k below the recommended, I backed out and won't be wasting any energy on this.

Almost the same team as be im beat the first. One with one revies im hav save. Op and then the next one im try to many ultron drions and im didt even boring with it.
    Hawkeye is also good to use.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I think kabam missed the mark on this difficulty. Not by the difficult nodes and buffs. I actually don’t mind thinking outside the box. Their mark was to get us to use different champs, dive deep into our rosters. Except the best champs needed per chapters are still the most sought after champs. And each chapter hurts even more not having a specific champ.

For example on 3.1, going to need a medusa yet I still haven’t landed a 4* medusa yet alone a 5*. Almost 60 5* on my roster and my only good cosmic is Corvus (Phoenix, groot, drax and carnage being my only other cosmics at 5*).

Sure, of course I can keep waiting till parts of my roster round out. But then it goes back to Kabam’s little mission to get us to use our entire roster. That aspect is defeated quickly once you try running with spider Gwen, colossus and etc....low tier champs.

So I’ll wait, I may never pull a medusa. I may never complete this quest. (I’m not saying medusa is absolutely the only answer, just a reference)

Edit: and FYI I have all other content done.
    Jaded wrote: »
    I think kabam missed the mark on this difficulty. Not by the difficult nodes and buffs. I actually don’t mind thinking outside the box. Their mark was to get us to use different champs, dive deep into our rosters. Except the best champs needed per chapters are still the most sought after champs. And each chapter hurts even more not having a specific champ.

For example on 3.1, going to need a medusa yet I still haven’t landed a 4* medusa yet alone a 5*. Almost 60 5* on my roster and my only good cosmic is Corvus (Phoenix, groot, drax and carnage being my only other cosmics at 5*).

Sure, of course I can keep waiting till parts of my roster round out. But then it goes back to Kabam’s little mission to get us to use our entire roster. That aspect is defeated quickly once you try running with spider Gwen, colossus and etc....low tier champs.

So I’ll wait, I may never pull a medusa. I may never complete this quest. (I’m not saying medusa is absolutely the only answer, just a reference)

Ther May mise the mark with one mistake and u dies. Becasse one mistake and u dies.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Jestress wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    My only question is why bring up the old original difficulty at all. If this is just about creating new and hard content then do that. But don't just create a meaningless piece of auto play for us to do.

It's about more than just creating new difficult content! A lot has happened in the Battlerealm over the last almost 4 years. This gives us a way to let Summoners who weren't around back then to experience what it was like when Ultron took over the Contest, and to live through that story that still has some bearing today.

While most of the event quests that unraveled the Story of the Contest happened much later, this is a good place to start, since it was first!

Can we get the old willpower back too?

Perfect Block Teams?
  • bdawg923 wrote: »

This is my bad. I was under the assumption that this Quest used the same Energy Requirements as our current event quests, but I didn't know that way back when it was released we had it at 1,3,3. Sorry about that guys :disappointed:

What about the fact that it's partially completed? Is it showing progress from 2015?

Sorry for the confusion here! The completion percentage from the Ultron's Assault event carried over from the first time the event was run, so if you played the event in the past that is why you are seeing completion today. We are looking into this so it doesn't happen again for any future Back Issues that may come out.
    well that excitement ended quickly, maybe one day we will get something for mid tier players and not just starter/whales, seems that we really are not cared about.

You have act 4 and 5, get them done 100% and you won't be mid tier anymore.
  • B_luewhale77B_luewhale77 Posts: 16
    Ultron assault has no mid lvl easy has **** reward and if don’t have 45 k team you can’t even percipient in hard lvl no middle grade thanks kabam
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I’ve done 2 paths already and I haven’t used any items yet. These quests (for now) seem doable. I only have 1 R5 and 4 R4 champs and my 6* are useless so I think it can be done.

I find that hard to believe. Either you spent a ton of units or the champs you do have are top gods. Would love to see the champs used and the completion %

m29mob4fmofu.png

I just completed the first chapter. My team consisted of 5/65 Sabretooth, 4/55 Blade, 4/55 GP, 3/45 Domino, and 5/50 Killmonger.

EDIT: I did not use one single item.

How did you control power gain with that team? I was expecting to see a high level Rogue, Psylocke, WS or Hawkeye somewhere in there.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Munrolm02 wrote: »
    I understand this is something that people have to work towards but I’ll tell you what, it’s made where you can’t make a single mistake you get no leeway. It’s going to be a terrible Christmas for a lot of people that have this game because it’s going to affect their family life. They’re going to be screaming at their family members for no reason screaming at themselves spending money that needs to be spent on family, It is going to bring the worst out in people during the happy holidays. The difficulty is absolutely Ridiculous,!!!it’s not fun It’s next to impossible to be able to beat it with skill. it Needs you to spend money like crazy even after emptying out your whole free crystal vault. This was a terrible time to release it you should’ve waited until after the new year. People are going to be extremely grumpy because they realize it’s only about skill, It’s about having the skill to spend money because a lot of these bosses are not skill-based. They kill you just by hitting them.They should have made it reasonable to get through it one time and then have to spend to 100%. That’s why a January 3 would’ve been a good release date with people that have that extra money from Christmas or they are more aware of their finances

What?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    I’ve done 2 paths already and I haven’t used any items yet. These quests (for now) seem doable. I only have 1 R5 and 4 R4 champs and my 6* are useless so I think it can be done.

I find that hard to believe. Either you spent a ton of units or the champs you do have are top gods. Would love to see the champs used and the completion %

m29mob4fmofu.png

I just completed the first chapter. My team consisted of 5/65 Sabretooth, 4/55 Blade, 4/55 GP, 3/45 Domino, and 5/50 Killmonger.

EDIT: I did not use one single item.

How did you control power gain with that team? I was expecting to see a high level Rogue, Psylocke, WS or Hawkeye somewhere in there.

GP has power control.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    2.2 Ultron Drone boss is bugged, non-robot poison immune champions take unavoidable shock damage:

https://youtu.be/a2T6Y5kHu-Y

Aside from that bug I couldn't be more excited about this game content. The strategy required makes LOL and Act 5 look like heroic event quest difficulty.