**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing Back Issue #1: Ultron's Assault

Comments

• RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    By the way I did try variant dif, I landed 1 combo with Max 4* iceman, then the buffs took half my health, then magik hit me twice, what a fun fight and a great way to waste 6 energy.
  • PrinceIndiaPrinceIndia Posts: 49
    Game is extremely tough and no use of such games.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    RO53TT1 wrote: »
    By the way I did try variant dif, I landed 1 combo with Max 4* iceman, then the buffs took half my health, then magik hit me twice, what a fun fight and a great way to waste 6 energy.
    Were you just goofing around? Why would you seriously think you could get anywhere with a 4 star iceman against that super noded and buffed magik? Dying almost immediately in that scenario is what’s supposed to happen. It would be weird if anything other than that happened.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    RO53TT1 wrote: »
    Were you just goofing around? Why would you seriously think you could get anywhere with a 4 star iceman against that super noded and buffed magik? Dying almost immediately in that scenario is what’s supposed to happen. It would be weird if anything other than that happened.

Either blade or AA. Is great for that node. Im one the 2 champer and cant cler more leak in tech and mysigt
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    I think kabam missed the mark on this difficulty. Not by the difficult nodes and buffs. I actually don’t mind thinking outside the box. Their mark was to get us to use different champs, dive deep into our rosters. Except the best champs needed per chapters are still the most sought after champs. And each chapter hurts even more not having a specific champ.

For example on 3.1, going to need a medusa yet I still haven’t landed a 4* medusa yet alone a 5*. Almost 60 5* on my roster and my only good cosmic is Corvus (Phoenix, groot, drax and carnage being my only other cosmics at 5*).

Sure, of course I can keep waiting till parts of my roster round out. But then it goes back to Kabam’s little mission to get us to use our entire roster. That aspect is defeated quickly once you try running with spider Gwen, colossus and etc....low tier champs.

So I’ll wait, I may never pull a medusa. I may never complete this quest. (I’m not saying medusa is absolutely the only answer, just a reference)

Edit: and FYI I have all other content done.

Carnage is god tier for content like this now.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    2.3 Ultron Drone boss is also bugged, he inflicts fatigue debuffs even when he doesn't evade attacks:

https://youtu.be/sZ9qHDBIvKE

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious
  • Al_AhadHKGNAl_AhadHKGN Posts: 126
    Lame as ever
    edited November 2018
    I believe the science drone also applies the fatigue debuff when you hit them. Is on his abilities

He has a 10%, thanks @will-o-wisp
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    No more playing difficult content the 1st day it drops. These unavoidable damage bugs are beyond-god tier:

h8zlcyfie6o2.jpg

https://youtu.be/CDmhGhjK0ns

Isn't that one of the nodes effects? I thought I read a node that did that when I was watching one of the streams.
    edited November 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Isn't that one of the nodes effects? I thought I read a node that did that when I was watching one of the streams.

I overlooked his ability, it's not a node effect
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    I believe the science drone also applies the fatigue debuff when you hit them. Is on his abilities
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I understand that ultron variant difficulty is only for the highest of the high end players, but I expected that level of difficulty from the 3rd boss onwards. The first 2 bosses at least, I feel should still have been achievable for mid to high tier players, like uncollected and capable of completing uncollected EQ but not yet able to fully explore uncollected EQ. just my 2 cents

He does, it's 10%. Still reeling from the 2.2 boss being bugged lol.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Biggest scam ever released for this game, masked as fun and interactive content but just a plethora of money grab nodes. Fights up to 10-15 minutes each with no skill involved, aside healing up and being unable to bring proper counters due to the class restriction. Absolutely disappointed as i was looking for finally some hard content requiring skills, not wallet.

Most definitely. Not to mention the class restriction rewards. Honestly if you can’t make it through with using less then 500 units worth of items/energy refills etc...it isn’t worth it. To get and obtain rank up gems that will most likely collect dust.

I 100% act 5 a few weeks after it was released (last December). I received cosmic rank up gems 2-3 & 3-4. As well as a cosmic ag. I JUST used them a few weeks back. Almost a year of holding onto them. The rewards from this quest should be given out before doing the quest (I know that Sounds dumb but think how great it would be).

Kabam - you aren’t making us use different champs...you are making us rank up other godly champs to meet the class requirements. This doesn’t make us use our low tier champs.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Also @Kabam Miike why new ultron as boss of 3-1 evades every 3 seconds instead of his set timer? there are no buff allowing so. Way to go.
  • Hey All,

We've prepared several Server Side fixes for various issues, but one of them is going to affect this Quest Content:

Fixed an issue where Domino was bypassing Force of Will's immunity to Ability Accuracy Reduction

We wanted to give you all a heads up, because we plan on pushing these fixes live tomorrow morning.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Biggest scam ever released for this game, masked as fun and interactive content but just a plethora of money grab nodes. Fights up to 10-15 minutes each with no skill involved, aside healing up and being unable to bring proper counters due to the class restriction. Absolutely disappointed as i was looking for finally some hard content requiring skills, not wallet.
    How do you figure no skill involved, just wallet? Practice with a variety of champs for free using energy you don’t pay units for, pick your lane and your champs with common sense and stock up on free crystals. Duh. If you still can’t figure it out, maybe it’s not for you yet. Don’t run into the first fight leeroy Bladekins style, get rekt and cry moneygrab.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Now only you could fix the computer controlling my toon 1-2 times per fight for 1-3 secs

That has effected me in every. Part of your game

Seeing as you refuse to even admit it’s a bug I can’t/won’t play cause I’m not giving you money to get past a bug
  • LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39
    Hey All,

We've prepared several Server Side fixes for various issues, but one of them is going to affect this Quest Content:

Fixed an issue where Domino was bypassing Force of Will's immunity to Ability Accuracy Reduction

We wanted to give you all a heads up, because we plan on pushing these fixes live tomorrow morning.
    What about the bosses that are bugged? Like 2.2 boss putting shocks onto champs like dorm and Meph. Or the 2.3 boss placing fatigues when he doesn’t dodge?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Kabam continues to show they dont give a **** about the medium tier players, but why would they when they have the whales lips chaft at this point.

Because middle tier players don’t need new content when they’ve not even finished what’s already in the game.

Stop whining and go finish those that are suited for you. Eventually you’ll finish Variant.
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    where is the other 3 difficulties between classic and variant ?
  • exc3lexc3l Posts: 67
    MCOC Team wrote: »
    Summoners!

Let’s take a trip way back in time! Back to a time where a maniacal machine was on the path to destroying the Battlerealm, but several courageous Champions and Summoners stopped his rampage!

Introducing, Back Issue #1: Ultron’s Assault!

As the Contest has grown and evolved, we’ve introduced many Event Quests, each with their own unique stories, and many that have expanded on the mythos of the Battle Realm and the Contest of Champions. We want to give Veteran Summoners a way to relive those moments, and to give Summoners that weren’t with us at the time a chance to experience the stories of the Contest that they had missed out on!

This Event Quest is available in TWO difficulties:

CLASSIC difficulty is a recreation of the original quest. While not completely 1:1, the layouts, difficulty, and dialogue are all the same as you remember. Take a stroll down memory lane and see how far you've come, or experience a quest you never got the chance to play!

VARIANT difficulty is a new spin on the quest, available for Summoners level 40 and up. This version features extreme challenge, new opponents, updated map layouts, and new combat effects for the boss fights. This quest will test even the mightiest of Summoners, so be prepared! You can find out more about the challenges you will face in Variant Difficulty in our latest Dev Diary post here: https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-added-difficulty/

Each Chapter of Variant Difficulty requires that you only bring Champions from 2 specific classes. These Quests will test not only your skills, but your knowledge of Champion’s abilities, immunities, resistances, and counters! Those who rely on only a few Champions will find the need to diversify, even outside of the Champion Requirements in place.

Remember Summoners, Variant Difficulty is going to be HARD! We’re stressing the use of a varied roster in this iteration. The good news is that Back Issues are permanent content, so if you’re not able to take Variant Difficulty on right now, take all the time you need and come back to it when you feel you are better equipped!

As the name suggests, this is our first iteration of our Back Issue Quests. Our goal is to periodically release more Event Quests for our Summoners to relive! Keep an eye out as we go back and explore more of the history of the Contest of Champions!

Rewards:

For completing and mastering all of the Classic quests, you earn:

Tier 2 Generic ISO x4
    Tier 3 Generic ISO x22
    Tier 4 Generic ISO x6
    Gold x12250
    Units x225
    Tier 1 Alpha Catalyst x1
    Premium Hero Crystal x3
    3-Star Hero Crystal x1

For completing and mastering all of the Variant quests, you earn:

5-Star Rank 2 → 3 Gem Crystal x3
    5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal (2015 Champions Only) x3
    5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Rank 4 → 5 Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Crystal x2
    Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments x21600
    6-Star Crystal Shards x2250
    5-Star Signature Stone Crystal x48
    Gold x2,100,000
    Units x360

You’re probably wondering about those 5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gems for 2015 Champions only. Those crystals contain class specific 5-Star Rank Up Gems that can only be used on Champions that were available upon release and those released until the end of 2015!

Here are all of the Champions that these Rank Up Gems will work on. NOTE: Some of these Champions are not available at the 5-Star Rarity. This list does not necessarily indicate that they will be released.

Captain Marvel
    Drax
    Ms.Marvel
    Spider-Man (Symbiote)
    Venom
    Ronan
    Gamora
    Groot
    Superior Iron-Man
    Thor
    Black Bolt
    Storm
    Cyclops (Red Team)
    Colossus
    Magneto
    Deadpool
    Wolverine
    Magneto (Marvel Now!)
    Deadpool (X-Force)
    Magik
    Guillotine
    Iron Fist
    Juggernaut
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Dr. Strange
    Scarlet Witch
    Unstoppable Colossus
    Luke Cage
    Electro
    Ant-Man
    Yellowjacket
    Spider-Man
    Captain America
    Spider-Gwen
    Rhino
    Hulk
    Abomination
    Joe Fixit
    Captain America (WW2)
    Black Panther
    Moon Knight
    Elektra
    Punisher
    Daredevil
    Winter Soldier
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    Daredevil (Classic)
    Rocket Raccoon
    Hulkbuster
    Ultron
    Iron Patriot
    Star-Lord
    Kang
    Iron-Man
    Vision (AoU)
    War Machine
    Vision

This Quest will be available starting tomorrow, November 14th at 10 am PST! Remember, this is permanent content, so you can take your time completing this throwback!

Okay this is sweet but for the looks of it it's making people mad. They say the rich get richer and that's kinda true but some spent 8 hrs doing variant to get the rewards which is cool. What's making people mad is that there are many in between people that feel left out because there's no medium difficulty with good rewards. Like it would be cool if you guys had that same thing but with 4* generic gem and awarded 5* shards and gems per chapter completion. And a 5* basic or featured. The end game still could have gotten it too. It doesn't seem like middle tier player have gotten much good for them after the gpgttp even though it was very easy to get. The mutant stuff was too hard the labs were decent. But it's over with we should quit wining to y'all about stuff because it probably won't matter it's what y'all creators or whatever y'all are choice. Hopefully we can see good stuff coming up for these holidays and ECT.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    How to Tel ther is alot Nice thing. But ther mised ther owns mark with the rigth counter. And one mistake u dies that mised the mark. Im Can admins my roster is no deep enuget to get any furter of it why Tel it take skil but in the later in the figth. And so much life. It hard Not ryd for it but im Think ther shuld alest hav make somone for mid. Wher we culd alest fels we Can win. Ther culd make it 3 class.