**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aegon has no skill involved in it!

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
So about Aegon... if you have AA congratulations you win assuming you don't slip up even a little. If you don't have AA prepare to not even try.
Now my problem with him really isn't the combo node at all. I have the tendency of going into super survival mode when I know I can't get hit even once or even parry so my intercept skills become so high in that mode so I can fight like hell and win without being touched.
My problem is with that ULTRA BS 15% buffet node!!! I can find the ability to deal with the combo like I said but him regenerating 15% every single evade? I thought kabam said this game is supposed to be about skill so where is the skill in this fight where you can only use 1 champ to beat him???

Just FYI I did beat him twice so far but that was only with my 4* R5 AA. My problem is like I said that you can beat him ONLY with AA
If you beat him with someone else I'm open to suggestions.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★
    Ise a pover control champ to negate the uns he get for sp he use
  • KyrkantKyrkant Posts: 92
    Domino works pretty good ...
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

Power controllers don't stop the ridiculous regen from buffet.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Kyrkant wrote: »

Don't have Domino.
  • RafamateRafamate Posts: 38
    Strategic wrote: »

You are correct. However, if lets say you use magik and power lock him, he will eventually get stuck in the corner where you can use 4-hit light combos and keep dashing back and forth. Result: he can't use specials because he's power locked, he can't regen because you're not evading, he can't back off because he's stuck in the corner, and finally you won't need to block or parry because he will never touch you, providing you did everything right.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Right... no skill involved. I soloed him with my 5/50 Magik, many 4 hit combo intercepts were pulled off.
  • havent started on UC..but in master my 4* R5 unduped starky pummel him to yhe ground no problem
  • Whats the point in having a list of champs who can beat the champion? All it does is benefit them not us, if you think using those champs will help you think again!!!
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 275 ★★★
    Kyrkant wrote: »

This. Used Magik and then Domino on him. I thought he was much easier than The Champion.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Whats the point in having a list of champs who can beat the champion? All it does is benefit them not us, if you think using those champs will help you think again!!!

Huh?
  • Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207
    What about people like me who don't have voodoo, AA or Magik the buffet is a problem for us
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Laksh1995 wrote: »
    What about people like me who don't have voodoo, AA or Magik the buffet is a problem for us

Modes like Story and EQ are all about finding Champs that can handle the challenges. Its about doing the best we can with what we have. If we don't have the best counters, we make do with the Champs we have. There are many counters to Buffet.
  • Laksh1995 wrote: »

Look up on YouTube all the champs than can beat him. Ronan & psylock to name a couple
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    What? I beat him using red hulk mate.
    Of course there is skill involved in it. Just two things
    Evading without procing dexterity
    Intercepting attacks
    I know evading without procing dexterity is not an easy task, but it’s doable
    I rather have hard time procing dex when i use sparky... hence I don’t use him lol
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    So about Aegon... if you have AA congratulations you win assuming you don't slip up even a little. If you don't have AA prepare to not even try.
    Now my problem with him really isn't the combo node at all. I have the tendency of going into super survival mode when I know I can't get hit even once or even parry so my intercept skills become so high in that mode so I can fight like hell and win without being touched.
    My problem is with that ULTRA BS 15% buffet node!!! I can find the ability to deal with the combo like I said but him regenerating 15% every single evade? I thought kabam said this game is supposed to be about skill so where is the skill in this fight where you can only use 1 champ to beat him???

Just FYI I did beat him twice so far but that was only with my 4* R5 AA. My problem is like I said that you can beat him ONLY with AA

quake... quake requires skill and is a fantastic counter to him so fun to play imo
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    I beat him with omega red

https://youtu.be/csGpUcpSjJU
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

I used a 3:30 magik for uncollected
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    So it’s not impossible if you don’t have aa
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    beat him all 6 times or whatever, never brought AA, just used MS and it's a cakewalk
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    Karuseus wrote: »
    What? I beat him using red hulk mate.
    Of course there is skill involved in it. Just two things
    Evading without procing dexterity
    Intercepting attacks
    I know evading without procing dexterity is not an easy task, but it’s doable
    I rather have hard time procing dex when i use sparky... hence I don’t use him lol

i found evading without procing dex isnt as hard as it seems, still though it does get really annoying with him healing every 15 seconds.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

If you adjust your playstyle you can avoid things without causing Dex to trigger so he isn’t constantly healing from buffet. I did it with a 5/50 psylocke and finished on 100% health. He’s not too bad once you practice a bit.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    i used dr.voodoo
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    You can use power controllers and corner intercept which gives no buffs
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Are there duel targets up for Aegon?
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    Are there duel targets up for Aegon?

Not yet since he's not available for players. ;)