**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arc overload nerf?

I’m not a pro and if I was this wouldn’t bother me but does anyone think arc overload should get nerfed? Because when you have a character against iron man and he is more powerful than him when he’s below 15 percent and he just goes right back to fifty percent and it feels like he just flipped you off and spat on you and it ticks me off.

Comments

• TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    It doesn't need a nerf. At most it is just annoying, like antman's glancing
  • NanoDroidNanoDroid Posts: 48
    Lol. No it shouldn't
  • Matt1985Matt1985 Posts: 51
    Just save your specials , and when u build up to l3 hit him with that.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    No, bring in a heal block champ. Arc Overload is no pretty much redundant as a node.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    If your dealing good damage his signature ability is nothing. If you have GR fate seal or damination would just block it. Heal block works too
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Assassin at rank 5 stops it most times
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Asassin reduces abilitys at 18% health. Maxed out, with the stun path up (pacify, petrify...) you stun Him at 20% and He never triggers his Arc overload.
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Use a nullifying champ. There’s plenty
    Use a heal block champ. There’s plenty
    Use a champ that will just out damage. There’s plenty
    Use a champ that that can heal reversal. There’s a few.
    Most Arc Overloads trigger at 15% so store power til then and then unleash a sp 3.
    There are plenty of ways to overcome something as small as arc overload, trust me.
    Oh and Champs with poisoning (reduces heal) could help too

Oh and Champs with ability accurcy reduction also help preventing Arc-O from triggering (electra, bw....)
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Lol no and if you don't have those listed here just beat the hell out of him, it's not that bad normally and if you do have it it's a cakewalk.

So he and the others don't need a nerf hell if anything they need a buff because all the iron people suck badly in most cases and have very little going for them.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Literally ANYTHING

How/Why is this even a legitimate discussion? The unholy trinity of Classic/Superior Iron Man And Iron Patriot are all JOKES!

If you’re complaining THIS badly wait until you hear about MEPHISTO, King Groot, or even… MAGIK!
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    If anything deserves a 'git gud' it's this post.

So git gud.
  • Oh my god I thought this was going to be about the node.

There are players of all kinds and all progress levels, I emphasize this myself all the time. But classic Iron Man is probably lower on the nerf list than Spider Gwen. His animations are used all over the place so they become second nature to evade. He does nothing particularly tricky on defense. Even the heal has all sorts of ways to nullify it, and it can only trigger once. I'm not saying a new player might find Iron Man's arc overload to be problematic, but 99.9% of the rest of the game presents bigger problems. You simply have to get past this one or the game is completely unplayable.
    Should we tell him about Sabertooth and Greengoblin?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Should we say anything about rol wolvie it lol x23 lol
  • Greeny467Greeny467 Posts: 16
    If anything deserves a 'git gud' it's this post.

So git gud.

Wow... sorry I have a life bro, unlike you. Not everyone has the hours and hours that it takes to learn everything about the game.
    But thank you to everyone else for explaining kindly.
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Should we tell him about Sabertooth and Greengoblin?

Sabertooth isn’t as bad (imo) but GG is a real pain.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Just shut up
    edited November 2018
    Just shut up

Cauz u the mod here?

You Dont need a life time practice for IM, but at least some...
    When you Dont get past classic or superior iron man you fear Colossus too.

Thats normal for a beginner but at XP lvl 30 it should be gone.

Oh, i forgot the stagger Champs to mention above. So Juggernaut, jane Thor, Hood...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Greeny467 just curious. Have you got a point in Dexterity and can you evade his beams?
    @Greeny467

Bruh… you are complaining about a fight SO VANILLA that I can use it as creamer in my coffee without tasting a difference.

He has 2 of the most (if not THE MOST) easily dexterity’d specials in the entire GAME, and his arc overload is easily one of the weakest signature regeneration abilities. Some stronger regenerative abilities are either active the entire fight and can act as basically making all your attacks deal upwards of 50-80% less damage because they heal that damage back, are capable of continually being either Debuff immune or regeneration, and then last month there was Aggression Regeneration Omega Red which btw that combo was filthy!

“Oh no he has 50% extra base health”

So does literally everyone in Act5 except it’s its upwards of 5-9 times your health and upwards of 2-3 times your attack with the challenger rating SEVERY hurting you through diminished returns!

I really don’t want to say “get good” because I understand that some champions can be very hard to fight but Vanilla Iron Man is a non-issue as him having extra health is basically a warm up for when you get further into the game. Except they’ll have better abilities and still be more powerful.

My best guys top around 8k, I can casually fight into 20k+ I’m uncollected with basic parry-attack strats

I wish there was an actual answer but either use Guillotine anyone who can healblock, nullify, Stagger, Fate seal… or just punch him more. There’s really no problem with him having more health than you
  • Greeny467 wrote: »
    Wow... sorry I have a life bro, unlike you. Not everyone has the hours and hours that it takes to learn everything about the game.
    But thank you to everyone else for explaining kindly.

You jumped onto the forums of an online game and called for a nerf without understanding the champ, the ability, or the context of the ability. Calling for a nerf is fighting words on every online game forum on planet Earth. It signals to everyone you're taking the gloves off, and so can they.

This is something very important to learn about online games.
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    @Greeny467
    You do realize the word “nerf” was conceived after a neo-**** version of Superman violated the sanctuary of Wonder Woman’s home, all of them, each newborn just another “nerf” making all other things somehow.. less than.. it’s own neo nazilistic self....

Nerf that.