**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2015 rank up gems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Grounded you always(!) without fail agree with Kabam. MD, Drax, Archangel, the repeat EQ rewards everything!

MD had merits as an open discussion sure

But Drax invalidated a defender and his utility was what helped many players choose him because in your words “WHO GOES ON THE FORUMS?!” And FURTHERMORE is still NOT fixed on Archangel and X23!

Blade-Mordo interaction change impacted part of his utility (small but whatever)

ARCHANGEL’s “bug” was beneficial to LOL completion and AW wins

This is a clear exploitation of rewards that Kabam has officially allowed. The scope of this is paramount to literally comparing borderline useless champions to HIGHLY COMPARABLE GODS! that Kabam intended the opposite for!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Grounded you always(!) without fail agree with Kabam. MD, Drax, Archangel, the repeat EQ rewards everything!

MD had merits as an open discussion sure

But Drax invalidated a defender and his utility was what helped many players choose him because in your words “WHO GOES ON THE FORUMS?!” And FURTHERMORE is still NOT fixed on Archangel and X23!

Blade-Mordo interaction change impacted part of his utility (small but whatever)

ARCHANGEL’s “bug” was beneficial to LOL completion and AW wins

This is a clear exploitation of rewards that Kabam has officially allowed. The scope of this is paramount to literally comparing borderline useless champions to HIGHLY COMPARABLE GODS! that Kabam intended the opposite for!

That's a whole lot of Topics that aren't what the Thread is about.
    Clearly they didn't allow it because as soon as it was brought to their attention, the ability to use them was disabled, and a fix was pushed.
    I just think the advantage given for this is waaaay more impactful to some.

Maybe if someone pulled a mystic r3 to r4 they have some good options like Magik/Dr Strange but some of the classes aren’t as fortunate.

I pulled a mutant r3 to r4 gem for completing a few hours after the “fix” and my options kind of stink.
    Mags/Cyclops/Storm/Colossus.

That’s it... whereas someone who finished a little earlier has options like; Emma, Omega, Iceman, Archangel, x-23, Rogue, Cable, or even Nightcrawler.

I think that's the heart of the issue being communicated. It's really not T2A scarcity, the Gems award the same T2As. It's the fact that people had more options because of the glitch. The problem is that wasn't by design.
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    edited November 2018
    No need for everyone to debate or dilute the issue discussing other things. It really is very simple at its core. See above
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Haven’t read the thread but Let me guess. The guy who cannot even kill 2 enemies in this quest is arguing for Kabam’s decision here ... am i correct?

What else is new?

• Zayo_278Zayo_278 Posts: 264
    @GroundedWisdom how is it “equally unfair” to derank champs that were illegitimately ranked up? It was explicitly stated that they were for 2015 champs only. Ranking them down and allowing the players to use them on appropriate and intended champs is the opposite of unfair. They weren’t supposed to be able to do it, so now they can’t. Not unfair. Did you benefit from the exploit?

How could he have benefited? Have you seen his profile? Dude sucks in the game majorly. For crying out loud he just became uncollected after spending like 10k units. I don’t take anything he says serious since he really doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Everyone here has a fantastic point! i have no idea how this thread has gone on so long without any kind of word from a moderator, They state that they want to make the contest a fair and enjoyable experience for all, something that recently they have been doing a good job with.. but not with this! anyone who didnt pay a ridiculous amount of money or units to blast their way through this has been given a massive disadvantage... This appears to be favouritism, the clear fix for this is either force those rank downs and give them the gems again to use on 2015 champs, or totally remove the restriction if they refuse to do so...

This brings a very clear unbalance to the contest and needs to be addressed and fixed asap!

Alphascorpion
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    I agree that you cannot assume that everyone was exploiting who raced to complete this event and then used the gems.

However, the stated rewards were 2015 r3-4 for exploration and therefore they should have any champs they used it on ranked down or similar rewards give to everyone else as the complete the content, whether that be next week or next year.

The argument that someone made about ranking down someones champs is "unfair" is a bit hilarious. It doesn't matter that they raced through in 24 hours. They were no stated rewards for finishing in 24 hours. Either 1) they planned to race through for the other rewards and therefore fixing their bugged reward should not be surprising to them or 2) they knew that the reward was bugged and raced through to complete it before it was fixed and therefore intentionally exploited a bug. In either case, they should be ranked down and since you can't easily tell difference between scenario 1) or 2) there shouldn't be a punishment handed out in addition to the rank down. If doing a rank down is too difficult (which it shouldn't be since they have in the past), then change the gems so they work on everyone for anyone who completes the content. However, the second scenario (as much as I would love that solution haha) is getting more cumbersome to do with each passing day as more and more people complete the content. Therefore easier to track who finished any of the required exploration before the bug was fixed and look at the logs of what they did with the crystal and pushing through rank downs as needed.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Grounded… hear me out

Let’s rewind a little under a month. Everyone is fawning over the new buffs, Symbiote Supreme causing controversy regarding classic strange and the little buddy are carving his way through Symbiote difficulty.

Fast forward to rewards! People start popping off refills and there’s a bunch of people already 100%

They spin the crystal annnnnnd… it’s THE WRONG FEATURED CRYSTAL!

Now instead of people having mixed up pools of equally relevant champions (a strong mix of god tiers and a few duds each) we have the difference between Hawkeye and Blade, Storm and Emma, Venom to Carnage, and hulk all the way to Wasp or Ragnarok or CAIW

The first example was to give a base “yeah it’s technically the same” but in the ongoing case we have champions left behind through power crawl (it’s a full sprint nowadays tho) when it’s unanimous that the generic version is vastly the superior pick and not a preference between featured crystals. You just said if yourself that it’s not a matter of resources persay but the fact that they were limited to specific champions compared to full range of whoever people wanted
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    This was definitely an exploit by Kabam’s definition of an exploit and people who used it knew exactly what they were doing (myself included). And Kabam certainly has the means to identify who used the exploit and reverse the rank-up, but I think to Kabam this falls under “not majorly impacting the balance of the contest”. Kabam states that they go after game-breaking bugs/exploits based on the severity of impact. While many players still struggle to get T2A, this exploit did not really upset the balance of the game in any way. At least that’s how I think Kabam is looking at this. If there was something wrong with the 4->5 gem then they definitely would have done something. In my opinion they should reverse the ineligible rankups.

Yea no real difference between r4ing magneto vs r4ing Emma and then getting a r4 to r5 gem and using it on her. No impact.
    FYI, unused r3->r4 2015 gems acquired before the fix will still rank up any champ.

Kabam didn’t fix this by replacing all gems that hadn’t been used yet. They just fixed the new ones awarded after exploration.

• Rektor wrote: »
    FYI, unused r3->r4 2015 gems acquired before the fix will still rank up any champ.

Kabam didn’t fix this by replacing all gems that hadn’t been used yet. They just fixed the new ones awarded after exploration.

Wow. Just wow
    Zayo_278 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom how is it “equally unfair” to derank champs that were illegitimately ranked up? It was explicitly stated that they were for 2015 champs only. Ranking them down and allowing the players to use them on appropriate and intended champs is the opposite of unfair. They weren’t supposed to be able to do it, so now they can’t. Not unfair. Did you benefit from the exploit?

How could he have benefited? Have you seen his profile? Dude sucks in the game majorly. For crying out loud he just became uncollected after spending like 10k units. I don’t take anything he says serious since he really doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but I never spent 10k Units to become Uncollected. By the arguments in this Thread, it's an issue that apparently affects everyone who never used the Gems. That would involve me as well.
    Regardless, it's a discussion and anyone can comment on it. Whether they agree with the venting or not.
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    The above statement is incorrect

I acquired a gem before the fix . Coulda used it, but didn’t.

It no longer works on on non 2015 champs
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Grounded… hear me out

Let’s rewind a little under a month. Everyone is fawning over the new buffs, Symbiote Supreme causing controversy regarding classic strange and the little buddy are carving his way through Symbiote difficulty.

Fast forward to rewards! People start popping off refills and there’s a bunch of people already 100%

They spin the crystal annnnnnd… it’s THE WRONG FEATURED CRYSTAL!

Now instead of people having mixed up pools of equally relevant champions (a strong mix of god tiers and a few duds each) we have the difference between Hawkeye and Blade, Storm and Emma, Venom to Carnage, and hulk all the way to Wasp or Ragnarok or CAIW

The first example was to give a base “yeah it’s technically the same” but in the ongoing case we have champions left behind through power crawl (it’s a full sprint nowadays tho) when it’s unanimous that the generic version is vastly the superior pick and not a preference between featured crystals. You just said if yourself that it’s not a matter of resources persay but the fact that they were limited to specific champions compared to full range of whoever people wanted

I just commented that I understood the real issue was that some had more options than others. No need to further explain. How the issue is addressed is another story.
    I don't think it's fair to Derank all those Champs people used their Gems for. Some weren't even aware something was amiss. I am not accepting the idea that every single person who used it was aware and trying to take advantage. Not every person anyway. That means it's equally as unfair to them to lose their Rank-Ups. It was through no fault of their own.
    As someone else pointed out, the overall effect also plays a part. Since it was caught early, the number of people who used it was not likely great. A handful of people who Ranked newer Champs is not enough to throw the game out of whack. Many more do that naturally on a regular basis.
    Equally as problematic is the idea of making them universal for everyone. That would involve something I've never seen intentionally (intentionally!) done, which is reinstating a bug after it's fixed. That would entail recoding the Gems, and then what of the people who used them after the fix? Do you Derank for them as well, if they can even do that easily, and then send more out of fairness? It's just compounding issues.
    Is it the best scenario? No. When problems come up, it never is. It's a fast solution, anyway.
    Frankmcoc wrote: »
    The above statement is incorrect

I acquired a gem before the fix . Coulda used it, but didn’t.

It no longer works on on non 2015 champs

That’s not what I saw with my own eyes 2 hours ago 🤷🏻‍♂️
This discussion has been closed.