**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War. A tie... You won't believe the outcome

So our Sister alliance just had a tie in war. This was the result.

Basically it goes down as a loss for both teams. How is that fair? Shouldn't they split the 50k bonus?

i7ufwuiodkgf.jpg

Comments

• PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Mcobviousface is clever. Wish it's not taken when I can changed my ign again lol.
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    Thank you Obvious McObviousFace, I understand that. I don't think it's fair, however. In all kinds of sports i can think of if you tie you win a share of the points, why not here?
    Swe_wolfis wrote: »
    Bonus is for winning, and no-one won so no bonus paid out.

The Patriots and the Saints tied the Super Bowl, let’s cut the trophy in half so everyone feels like they won!

I bet you were the kid growing up who got all those participation ribbons.
  • savemejebusxsavemejebusx Posts: 47
    edited November 2018
    Mbizz wrote: »
    Thank you Obvious McObviousFace, I understand that. I don't think it's fair, however. In all kinds of sports i can think of if you tie you win a share of the points, why not here?

The Patriots and the Saints tied the Super Bowl, let’s cut the trophy in half so everyone feels like they won!

I bet you were the kid growing up who got all those participation ribbons.

I do understand why it is this way in war, it's to stop collusion.

Not clued up on American sports. So if they tie the Superbowl what happens? Do they have a tie break?

I'm talking about games in a league format, not a knockout format btw
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★

So, when did a tennis game last ended in a tie? Please, just for lolz, give example from a grand slam final.

Not sure where in the world you are from, but around the world Darts is a popular game, when did one of those games end in a tie?

Pretty sure no FA cup final ended in tie, nor a Super bowl, or a NHL playoff game...
  • PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Mcobviousface is clever. Wish it's not taken when I can changed my ign again lol.

It's from Boaty McBoatFace. Google it lol
  • Swe_wolfis wrote: »

So, when did a tennis game last ended in a tie? Please, just for lolz, give example from a grand slam final.

Not sure where in the world you are from, but around the world Darts is a popular game, when did one of those games end in a tie?

Pretty sure no FA cup final ended in tie, nor a Super bowl, or a NHL playoff game...

Not sure where you're going with this? Knockout formats obviously don't end in ties, they have tie breaks... I'm talking about league formats.
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★

Not sure where you're going with this? Knockout formats obviously don't end in ties, they have tie breaks... I'm talking about league formats.

Well, you said you couldn't think of any sports that wouldn't end in tie, now you say league formats.

Think Darts still apply.

Know that bowling and curling does, but we are not going anywhere with this, people been complaining about this from the first tie game a couple of years ago and Kabam tries(and seemingly succeeding) to minimize ties with the ever changing tie breaker system.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    He’s referring to football (or as u Americans call it, Soccer). When you win, you get three points towards your league score, lose you get none, tie and both teams get one point. That’s where he is probably coming from, but yeah, if you tie, neither were better, so you both lose. If it did split points evenly, it would make collusion even more advantageous.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    There have been many ties in American Football this season. Some sports can tie, some can't. When you do tie, no one "loses" but no one "wins" either. I don't think either alliance should get bonus points, but war ratings should not drop either.
  • Swe_wolfis wrote: »

Well, you said you couldn't think of any sports that wouldn't end in tie, now you say league formats.

Think Darts still apply.

Know that bowling and curling does, but we are not going anywhere with this, people been complaining about this from the first tie game a couple of years ago and Kabam tries(and seemingly succeeding) to minimize ties with the ever changing tie breaker system.

I never said I couldn't think of a sport that didn't end in a tie, I said that when a tie occurs it usually ends in the sharing of points which implied I meant sports with a league format, and technically in this case that does happen, both alliances shared the points (their scored points, just not win bonus points) It does seem like both sides lost tho.
  • He’s referring to football (or as u Americans call it, Soccer). When you win, you get three points towards your league score, lose you get none, tie and both teams get one point. That’s where he is probably coming from, but yeah, if you tie, neither were better, so you both lose. If it did split points evenly, it would make collusion even more advantageous.

Thank you. Finally someone who isn't purely looking for confrontation! I thought I was going crazy! I get the thinking behind the collusion opportunity. Shame.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    He’s referring to football (or as u Americans call it, Soccer). When you win, you get three points towards your league score, lose you get none, tie and both teams get one point. That’s where he is probably coming from, but yeah, if you tie, neither were better, so you both lose. If it did split points evenly, it would make collusion even more advantageous.

Thank you. Finally someone who isn't purely looking for confrontation! I thought I was going crazy! I get the thinking behind the collusion opportunity. Shame.

This isn't Soccer. This is AW in MCOC where the only way to get VICTORY bonus points is for winning. Its plain and simple and not going to change. Do better in war to make sure you don't the and you won't have an issue.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    While a tie should not render the points that a win grants in MCOC, it should definitely render more points than a loss. In chess 1 point for a win, half a point for a draw, and no point for a loss. In soccer it's 3 points for a win, 1 points for a draw, and 0 point for a loss. How about granting the teams that tie 1/2 or 1/3 of the 50k bonus?
  • _Chaos__Chaos_ Posts: 143

[/quote]

What sports are those? Quidditch? Australian Rules Football?[/quote]

Im Aussie and in football there is no "split".
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Jestress wrote: »

What sports are those? Quidditch? Australian Rules Football?

As someone with little knowledge of football is Australian rules any different
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    There are ties in plenty of sports, and tournaments so why should this be any different. Neither of them actually won so why should they get bonus points.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    While a tie should not render the points that a win grants in MCOC, it should definitely render more points than a loss. In chess 1 point for a win, half a point for a draw, and no point for a loss. In soccer it's 3 points for a win, 1 points for a draw, and 0 point for a loss. How about granting the teams that tie 1/2 or 1/3 of the 50k bonus?

You are trying to equate this game to others. This game isnt like others and has different rules. You get 50k points for winning. Neither team wins, no extra points given. They still get the 145k points times multiplier just not the extra 50k. I dont understand why you all arent understanding this. Its not chess nor soccer. Its MCOC AW.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Well, a tie in technically a loss in this scenario, there can only one winner but there can be multiple losers so that's the way it goes. Is it fair, probably not but kabam's not exactly known for their fair mechanics are they
    edited November 2018
    If both team, let's assume you are facing your sister alliance, tie (intentional or not) and both split the points, you both will have more points than another alliance competing in the same tier but actually lose a battle. In AW every points count so unfortunately tie has to be a loss for both alliances
    edited November 2018
    Also, if tie gives more points, alliances can easily exploit the system with each other, especially top 20. You will see 0 movement if all of them just tie each other while maintaining the top multiplier instead of losing.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I want to play a game! Its called Marvel: Contest of Champions

Or the Quiet Game