**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2015 rank up gems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Well the solution is easy, just rank down the champs that these people ranked and give them the intended gem.

For people saying they have no way of determining which gem is from variant and which gem is from act v, they can easily rank down all 4 (considering every gem was used, 3+1) champs and return the act v 3-4 gem for any champ and give 3 2015 rank up gems.

Simple. Even if 1 person got to rank up the new champs, then also it is a violation of TOS, please reverse the rank ups, and set precedents for punishment.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Profhoff spoke on the issue:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DTx_A89hpK0

I disagree with his points, but worth listening to.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    This a problem either allow the gems to rank up ANY CHAMP FOR EVERYBODY, OR REVERSE THE RANKS UPS FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE USED THEM ALREADY!!!! Fix it for everyone or no one!!! #EVEN_Playing_Field_MCOC
  • NoFreeRidesNoFreeRides Posts: 8
    Funny how a Kabam employee hasn’t even responded to hits thread. They have no idea what to say. Thnaks Kabam for making the strong stronger and the middle class feel less worthy
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

Worth listening to in the sense that actually hearing someone support this garbage outloud confirms how indefensible it actually is.
    Hot off the press, Profhoff released a new video.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=duufjOXw7nQ
    Rektor wrote: »

Worth listening to in the sense that actually hearing someone support this garbage outloud confirms how indefensible it actually is.

He just released a new vid about the issue with an evolved opinion.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    The biggest problem is that this isn’t even an interaction issue

Back when Drax was “bugged” anyone with him could use the bug

Same with Killmonger

Same with Archangel (albeit considering this was used in LOL I’m skeptical)

But aside from “bugging out” through content they didn’t technically get undeserved rewards or resources. They still had to fight and invest with those champions.

However this kinda falls into that weird Grey Area where “technically you got a War Dungeon Crystal… except you got the 3rd generation instead of the vastly better 2nd version of the same crystal”

“Same” reward but a much better variant (OH I GET IT!) of that reward
    edited November 2018
    Same rewards for completing the same content. Really that simple. If you disagree then you or your alliance benefitted from it directly.

• EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    yeah i probably would change my oppinion too if i had those downvotes Profhoff, funny thing is no one will be satisfied with the resolution, kabam flat out ignores the player base but still during the weekend has time to make some new money grab deals...
    EndymioN wrote: »
    yeah i probably would change my oppinion too if i had those downvotes Profhoff, funny thing is no one will be satisfied with the resolution, kabam flat out ignores the player base but still during the weekend has time to make some new money grab deals...

You mean scumbags who purposely exploited a bug will be upset if kabam let’s everyone else exploit it too?

Or they’ll be upset if kabam fixes their mistake and gives them the reward they were supposed to get.. that they all knew was supposed to be for 2015 only?

I’m confused.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    frankly looks like it will stay the way it is now so... guess exploiters will be happy? and community pissed? :neutral:
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    The longer they prolong this the worse it will be... those new maxed champs are probably hard at work in AW to get an edge towards end of season 5 or working the boosted prestige in AQ
    EndymioN wrote: »
    frankly looks like it will stay the way it is now so... guess exploiters will be happy? and community pissed? :neutral:

Boss man at kabam didn’t want to deal with this on the weekend so he made a rush call and forced that poor mod to do the dirty work of letting us know.. guy probably cringed as he typed it bc he knows the shtstorm that was coming.

Nothing’s gonna happen until the boss man gets back to the office. Mods ignoring the thread bc they don’t have the authority to make a decision. Not their fault.
  • Exploiting a bug is OK now? @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike
  • This is unfair. I believe Kabam is taking the wrong approach. Exploiting a bug should not be allowed at any cost. Anyone doing a rank up does it very much "knowingly" and is therefore deliberately exploiting a bug. The list of 2015 had been disclosed much prior and whoever used a rank up gem on newer champs would have anyways known how new they were in the contest.
  • razorjack10razorjack10 Posts: 42
    Exploiting a bug is OK now? @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike

Exploiting a bug is ok for u if u r spending lot of money on this game and lots of whales are exploiting it too. If thats not the case then obviously u will be punished for exploiting a bug.
  • Everyone needs to have same rewards for the completion of new quests in the game, some people were able to complete the variant diffculty and get the rank up tickets which were not fixed to be able to be used on only 2015 champs used on other champs like domino,korg etc,either their ranked up champs should be ranked down or others get the rank up gems for any champ(other than 2015)as well.It will be unfair if they get to keep ranked up champs using the rank up tickets and we get the rank up tickets for only 2015 champs
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    On one hand there are loyal players
    And on other hand there are cheaters and exploited bug users

Kabam you always disappoint the loyal community
    From alliance wars piloting to exploiting the bug you guys always support the wrong persons

Further you not giving a fix for Android 6.0.1 Devices for unending loading screens

I don't know which direction is game going but i definitely know that this is not a right direction

#RIP-Justice
  • razorjack10razorjack10 Posts: 42
    On one hand there are loyal players
    And on other hand there are cheaters and exploited bug users

Kabam you always disappoint the loyal community
    From alliance wars piloting to exploiting the bug you guys always support the wrong persons

Further you not giving a fix for Android 6.0.1 Devices for unending loading screens

I don't know which direction is game going but i definitely know that this is not a right direction

#RIP-Justice

Kabam supports players that spend money.. doesnt matter that player is cheating or loyal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    As much as people feel strongly about this, doing the Quest and using the Resources earned is not exploiting a bug. Some may have had knowledge and finished because of this, but others didn't. It's not the same as if they continued to do the Quest and farmed more than their share. It's within the normal realm of doing the Quest. That's where it's tricky. Do I think some took advantage of it? Absolutely. No question. However, you can't universally say everyone who used it was taking advantage of it. Unless you can prove everyone had knowledge, and you can't, then you can't say they exploited anything. Unfortunately, the people who took advantage of it found a window. They decided to allow them to keep it. If that's their decision, confirmed by Moderation, then I don't see them going back this long after the fact.
This discussion has been closed.