**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2015 rank up gems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    I know it's probably not what people want to hear, but someone has to be the voice of reason. It's not an exploit because it's within the normal parameters of gameplay. You have to prove that people were exploiting it with knowledge. It's not enough that we know so-and-so was spreading it on Line, or this one and that one told all their Ally mates and they ran to the chance. You have to prove it using the internal data, and the only thing that shows is people completed the Quest and used their share of the Items as they received them. So how do you differentiate between people who knew and didn't? You can't.
    edited November 2018
    MrMaat wrote: »
    it was an unintended bug.
    that gives a small selection of players a huge benifit.
    that totally destroys balance amongst similar tiered players.

the ramifications that this has for top tier wars is huge.
    you will have some players now with a huge advantage in wars over others.

the only way that this can be fair is for kabam to make it even for everyone.

there is two options.

Rank down the champions that were rank incorrectly
    or
    Change the quest rewards to Normal gems so everyone can do the same.

It needs to be fair and balanced.
    kabam scream about GAME BALANCE and FAIRNESS all the time.

the way they have played this goes against both of those.

i am not asking for bans on these people. just fairness across the player base.
    THE SAME REWARDS FOR EVERY PLAYER.
    Player X does something and gets the same as player Y and the same as player Z.
    SIMPLE.

Huge advantage in Top Tier Wars? Right, because we all know the Top Tier wouldn't have access to R4 some Champs.
    Let's be honest, they could do it without the Gems.
    Everyone has the right to be upset. The reactions aren't proportionate to the situation, though. It was a bug. They took responsibility, fixed it, and allowed people to keep what they used as a part of taking responsibility. Pages and pages of people upset because a handful of people got to use the Gems before they were fixed.
    I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I just think it's becoming overboard. Does it suck? Sure. It's not game-breaking.
  • razorjack10razorjack10 Posts: 42
    Fair option is to reverse rank up. Whats so difficult in that if kabam previously did it during the crystal issue.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    As much as people feel strongly about this, doing the Quest and using the Resources earned is not exploiting a bug. Some may have had knowledge and finished because of this, but others didn't. It's not the same as if they continued to do the Quest and farmed more than their share. It's within the normal realm of doing the Quest. That's where it's tricky. Do I think some took advantage of it? Absolutely. No question. However, you can't universally say everyone who used it was taking advantage of it. Unless you can prove everyone had knowledge, and you can't, then you can't say they exploited anything. Unfortunately, the people who took advantage of it found a window. They decided to allow them to keep it. If that's their decision, confirmed by Moderation, then I don't see them going back this long after the fact.

Ahem.... refer to Profhoff’s vid that talks of an endgame player who caught the bug and ASKED him if he should use it to rank up Corvus. I doubt end game players did not know the gem was only meant for 2015 champs. I have seen direct evidence against that.

It would be an exploit in that case, and in most cases. The end game players do not live in bubbles, and their alliance do talk of rewards and who to rank.

Beside ignorance of the rules is not excuse to break them. Most are not asking for punishment to the players. Only for a reversal of the misused rank up, or changing the reward to any champ so all have the same rewards.
    edited November 2018
    TugaDav wrote: »
    Everyone has the right to be upset. The reactions aren't proportionate to the situation, though. It was a bug. They took responsibility, fixed it, and allowed people to keep what they used as a part of taking responsibility. Pages and pages of people upset because a handful of people got to use the Gems before they were fixed.

Pages and pages of your spam already. Wasting the time of thousands reading this thread that have to put up with your attention seeking behaviour.
    This thread is a merger and the only place where several thousands are currently seeking a proper solution for this bug.
    You don't bring absolutely nothing relevant to the table and already said you don't care about this bug in several repetitive comments. So why are you still here derailing and spamming?

We are not here discussing bans or guessing who was naive enough not to know they were exploiting a bug. That's a pointless and irrelevant discussion that any smart person knows will lead nowhere. A waste of time. If you want to derail about it, go discuss it with your peers in a different thread.

The thousands of people here exposing the case to kabam care about the unbalance created by the equivalent to extra 12 T2As, given to just a few, in the competitive modes of the game, and want it fixed.
    We already had to read dozens of your comments saying you don't care about this. No one here cares that you don't care!

Pages and pages of spam? Doubtful. I've commented a couple times and then let people express themselves. At this point, it's just snowballing so I'm interjecting with some sense. Spam is not a view that doesn't coincide with the majority.
    The subject of exploit has been mentioned countless times. If you're going to call something an exploit and hold every single person who used their Gems as responsible for exploiting, you need to base it on an actual exploit. Otherwise, all you have is people who completed the content and used what they earned. Some were aware and some weren't.
    Nowhere in my last couple comments did I say I don't care. I said the reactions are becoming out of proportion with the situation. All this talk about game balance is not in proportion. How many people used the Gems? Not many I'm willing to bet. The people capable of breezing through the content that quickly aren't at a loss for materials for that matter. They no doubt already have stacked Rosters, and are fighting other people with stacked Rosters. That would no more affect the overall balance of the game than those few people Ranking their Champs normally.
    The topic of whether people were aware or not is pertinent because outside of that, you have a glitch that was fixed and they decided to let people keep it. Not the first time they've done that. It's an act of good faith for the people who were affected by the mistake. Some would no doubt be worried after the fact. Not everyone is trying to take the loot and run off into the sunset.
    Let's be real here. The real issue is the bitterness that some people got to Rank newer Champs and others aren't happy with the rest of the options. Out of that, we get pages and pages of venting about exploits and histrionics about going to the media and quitting the game.
    So, yes. I came in to speak some logic because if I was waiting for the emotions to die down, it would be Christmas.
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    edited November 2018
    Not logic stupidity. Come on guy....out of the 1000s of comments less then a handful of people say to punish the exploiters.

People are saying that the rewards need to be consistent.

What is fair is fair.

What if the bug had the 2015 3-4 rank ups useable as generic 4-5 rank ups, should anyone who used that be able to keep them. Think mcfly

Many resources in this game are scarce....they are kept at a certain level and maintain a certain amount of balance.

Btw I 100 percent explored chapter 1 in time to use the gem on any year champ, but didn’t......if I would have i would expect it to be ranked down.

And yes the free godtier r4 rank up would make a huge difference to my roster in all content and especially competitiveness in aw

Just because someone had the balls to not follow the rules and use the gem on someone they shouldn’t have doesn’t mean they should be allowed to keep it. (Unless Kabam feels everyone that beats the same content gets the same reward)

• Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Frankmcoc wrote: »
    Not logic stupidity. Come on guy....out of the 1000s of comments less then a handful of people say to punish the exploiters.

People are saying that the rewards need to be consistent.

What is fair is fair.

What if the bug had the 2015 3-4 rank ups useable as generic 4-5 rank ups, should anyone who used that be able to keep them. Think mcfly

Many resources in this game are scarce....they are kept at a certain level and maintain a certain amount of balance.

Btw I 100 percent explored chapter 1 in time to use the gem on any year champ, but didn’t......if I would have i would expect it to be ranked down.

And yes the free godtier r4 rank up would make a huge difference to my roster in all content and especially competitiveness in aw

Just because someone had the balls to not follow the rules and use the gem on someone they shouldn’t have doesn’t mean they should be allowed to keep it. (Unless Kabam feels everyone that beat the same content gets the same reward)

I want to say thank you for not using the gem on a non-2015 champ. It really shows the caliber of person you are. If they did make the rewards permanent, I hope they give you a rank down ticket to give you the same option.
    Obfuscating? No. I'm trying to explain the other side of things. There's lots of room for complaints. 14 pages of them. I'm not stopping people. That doesn't mean I'm not going to speak some sense.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    Just stop....

Just stop this back and forward.

We get it @GroundedWisdom we get you dont agree.
    you have made your point and you have made it again and again.
    you are not going to get anyone to change their opinion no matter how hard you try and no matter what you say.
    So just stop.
    you have said your piece now stop.

And to everyone replying to the comments they disagree with (like i have been doing myself)
    also just stop.
    Almost all of us are on the same wavelength here.
    Lets just say our peace. and move on.
    Come back and comment to remind Kabam we are not going anywhere and we want acknowledgement and resolution, but also stop.
    Almsot noone here disagrees.
    Kabam can see that.
    Almost all of us feel the same.

There is no need to keep arguing and trying to get GW to change his opinion and stance cus it will not happen.
    Lets just agree to disagree and move on.

ALL WE NEED TO DO HERE IS REMIND KABAM THEY HAVE DONE WRONG AND NEED TO FIX IT
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    It’s amazing to me how much effort people give to try to convince someone when he cant help you either way.

You’d think gamers would easily recognize when they’re the ones getting played.

Stop taking the bait. He can’t do anything to help you anyway.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Let's just say that this is end game content, and someone who just got uncollected is way too far away from exploring anytime soon, he doesn't know the value of r4s. By his ideology, if a millionaire got a cheque for 1 million dollars when the intended amount was 1000 dollars, he should be allowed to keep it since it was only one person and already had millions.
  • Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    Is 20 comments considered only a couple?
  • Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    *Are
This discussion has been closed.