**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No war season over Christmas please

Myself and I’m sure many many others will be traveling to see family, hosting family and friends, going to events, or picking up extra shifts at work. It would be GREAT to not have to worry about the high stress and tempo of season wars while that’s all going on.
I’m sure others would just appreciate a nice long break from the headache of seasons as well.
I can’t be the only one thinking this.

Comments

• BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @Ploop_Plaap correct. But I’d also be missing out on rewards. On the flip side you could not participate in this discussion
  • ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    Myself and I’m sure many many others will be traveling to see family, hosting family and friends, going to events, or picking up extra shifts at work. It would be GREAT to not have to worry about the high stress and tempo of season wars while that’s all going on.
    I’m sure others would just appreciate a nice long break from the headache of seasons as well.
    I can’t be the only one thinking this.

IM STILL GOING TO BE VERY ACTIVE, REGARDLESS OF WHOS IN MY HOUSE OR IF IM HOSTING A PARTY. THEY AINT GOTTA SEE MY FACE ALL NIGHT. LOL. A SUGGESTION FOR YOU AND TO ALL PARTIES THAT THINK LIKE YOU... QUIT THE GAME FOR THE HOLIDAYS. LEAVE YOUR ALLIANCE THEN COME BACK.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    @Ploop_Plaap correct. But I’d also be missing out on rewards. On the flip side you could not participate in this discussion
    This is a global game, so to cater to everyone (since people have spent lots of money on this game) they want to leave AW and AQ seasons, game modes running to keep them interested.

Taking breaks have already been implemented for AQ and AW. If anyone needs more break time just take a break. This is only a game. It's not meant to be put on pause for players who are busy in real life. It's the player that takes the pause from the events.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Not everyone will be travelling. I have to agree with Ploop. Outside obligations come first. If people are busy, fair enough. It's not fair to others to shut everything down.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

Whats the difference of not having AW or not participating in AW over Christmas? Either way you wont get rewards. Also, not everyone celebrates Christmas. If they stopped for that, they'd have to stop for every religions holidays and that just won't happen.
    @Demonzfyre I realize that, but you have to also admit Christmas is one of the biggest, most widely celebrated holidays. But I would also be cool with them scheduling war seasons around other major religious (or non religious) holidays. Honestly it wouldn’t take too much, just a little planning. An extra week off here, one less week off there.
    As far as the difference between not participating and not having it at all, if I were to just not participate I’d have to leave my alliance or convince the rest of them to take a break from wars and the rewards while everyone else continues to advance.
    I wasn’t demanding it, just suggesting. It wouldn’t take much work to give players the breaks we already get at more strategic times. I only mentioned Xmas because it’s the one I celebrate.
    @GroundedWisdom obviously not everyone travels. That’s why I didn’t say everyone. But don’t make weak arguments. AAA found that 93 million people travel every year for Christmas. Up 23% over the rest of the year. Yeah, not EVERYONE travels, but it is the busiest travel season of the year. Go split hairs somewhere else.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I don't think this is a bad idea. Lining up war seasons with end of the year would benefit me and many others, and I wouldn't mind it at all.

But everyone else has valid points. Its a forum, it should be a full discussion, not a blank suggestion to Kabam with no commentary.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre I realize that, but you have to also admit Christmas is one of the biggest, most widely celebrated holidays. But I would also be cool with them scheduling war seasons around other major religious (or non religious) holidays. Honestly it wouldn’t take too much, just a little planning. An extra week off here, one less week off there.
    As far as the difference between not participating and not having it at all, if I were to just not participate I’d have to leave my alliance or convince the rest of them to take a break from wars and the rewards while everyone else continues to advance.
    I wasn’t demanding it, just suggesting. It wouldn’t take much work to give players the breaks we already get at more strategic times. I only mentioned Xmas because it’s the one I celebrate.
    @GroundedWisdom obviously not everyone travels. That’s why I didn’t say everyone. But don’t make weak arguments. AAA found that 93 million people travel every year for Christmas. Up 23% over the rest of the year. Yeah, not EVERYONE travels, but it is the busiest travel season of the year. Go split hairs somewhere else.

Split hairs? No. People still play the game over the Holidays. We can't just shut everything down because people will be with family. Enjoy Christmas and let people play the game. Lol. The world won't end if people miss a few rounds.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Some of us actively avoid our family over xmas, I'd much rather have something competitive to do in game rather than catering to a select few who choose not to play over that time period.
    I really doubt it’s just a select few, but that’s a fair point and I’m slightly jealous. I can’t get away with it.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    The only way there would be no war season over christmas is if they started the next war seasons directly after current one. Going by recent seasons, it will be a two or three week break between seasons so no matter what it will be on over christmas.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I’m quite sure when traveling, people will have WiFi at some point or another.

Or when visiting friends and relatives over holidays, they will need to go for a smoke or use the restroom every couple of hours.