**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Number of people abusing the 2015 crystal glitch?

OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
According to Kabam, 0.008% of all people eligible for the variant difficulty abused the glitch to rank up champions not from 2015. I understand that is a small percentage, but does anyone know what the actual number would be?

6 months ago, Seatin estimated there were 750k to 1.5 million daily active players. If every one of those is now eligible for the variant difficulty by reaching level 40, then 0.008% would be 60-120 people, enough for 2-4 full alliances.

Does anyone have a better estimate for how many people are in the level 40 and up category, so we can better understand the severity of 0.008%?

Comments

• Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Whatever the number is.. according to the post from Kabam it's too many for them to preform the work required to reverse the rank ups..
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    I know this’ll be taken down, but needs to be said...at this point it’s the principle of the matter that is being questioned. 0.008% still means a handful of people still got access to it and others that are progressing through did not.

Did they send you guys cash to get through it? I wouldn’t be surprised.
    Does that justify being lazy about taking it away, when every other time a hiccup has come up you drop the hammer on anyone who “exploits” your hiccup? Ummmm...no

Why couldn’t this be fixed by adding a generic rankup gem to the reward pool?
  • MitzMitz Posts: 9
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. As long as you’re a whale then Kabam suddenly can’t do it.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Who cares ,are you part of the top Alliance and so what if a few Korgs and Omega Red's got ranked up does that take away from your life? Will that make your account less? Nope , doesn't it affect my account one bit , if someone has a larger more higher tier roster, has no bearing on how I play the game. Even in alliance War since I'm not part of the top-tier I'm never going to face those guys anyways. " but he got a better tax break than I did so he can afford a better car, whaaaa" lol
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    I have never understood the need some people feel to go on, at length, with poor grammar, and dubious reasoning, about something they purport to care nothing about whatsoever.
  • aaronxonlineaaronxonline Posts: 11
    Change the crystal for EVERYONE... easy enough
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    You all want bugs that help players left in the game. Careful what you ask for.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    There is a growing issue of fairness, or lack of it ever since November of last year. It's very sad but hopefully there will be some kind of breakthrough for the community.
  • sublime2323sublime2323 Posts: 21
    Is this percentage based off number of accounts ever created or active accounts since the content has been available?
  • Ordalca wrote: »
    According to Kabam, 0.008% of all people eligible for the variant difficulty abused the glitch to rank up champions not from 2015. I understand that is a small percentage, but does anyone know what the actual number would be?

6 months ago, Seatin estimated there were 750k to 1.5 million daily active players. If every one of those is now eligible for the variant difficulty by reaching level 40, then 0.008% would be 60-120 people, enough for 2-4 full alliances.

Does anyone have a better estimate for how many people are in the level 40 and up category, so we can better understand the severity of 0.008%?

If I had to make a guess, I would guess that there are about as many active players today as there were about a year and a half ago when we got decent statistics on active players because of Rocket's button, where 1.37 million players (really, accounts) claimed the button from email (that's not how many pushed the button, just claimed the button from email). If I guestimate that about 90% of the active playerbase makes it past level 40 that's approximately 1.23 million players. 0.008% of that number is about 99. So I would say that 0.008% of the over-40 playerbase represents approximately 100 players, plus or minus. I doubt it is less than 50, or more than 150. But the margins for error in that calculation are of course large.

Also, this is mostly a meaningless statistic, because the percentage of the total number of players that exploited this bug is irrelevant. If the top two alliances in AW colluded to somehow place in the top two spots, that would only involve 60 players, which would be about 0.005% of all players. But that percentage means nothing.
  • UlfricFrostUlfricFrost Posts: 51
    Unacceptable!
    “While we appreciate the suggestions to roll those accounts back, it’s not something we will be moving forward with.

Rolling back ranked up Champions sounds straightforward, however, the reality is that Champion progression is incredibly complex. It very quickly becomes almost impossible to cleanly reverse and has the potential to cause even more challenges.”

No it’s pure laziness. I’m not sure who you are trying to confuse and trick here. We remember the lengths that you Kabam will go to punish people abusing bugs and glitches. The event quest that allowed you to rerun multiple times to get end game material over and over. Trust me Kabam we remember that. & how convenient that you magically were able to roll back every single account that abused that glitch. That was far more complicated of an action to complete and you Kabam did it. Please quit insulting our intelligence with these responses. And it’s only “Approximately ~0.008%” Well then it shouldn’t take very long for you to fix this then. Think about this Kabam the other 99.992% percent of players are not happy with this unacceptable desicion and roll backs are warrented across the boards for everyone that gained an unfair advantage. Quit deflecting we are not happy with this desicion.

“we have many more great things in store in the coming months. Keep an eye out for our upcoming anniversary celebration!”

FAIL! I’ve never been so disgusted with a video game company before. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Why make a decision that's gonna piss off 99.992% of your players?
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Whatever the number is.. according to the post from Kabam it's too many for them to preform the work required to reverse the rank ups..

Yet they removed all the rewards from the thousands of players who abused the event quest rewards glitch that not only allowed them to rank up champions but open crystals to obtain champions as well
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Because the alternative is either compound problems, or allow a bug to stand in spite of the intentions of the Rewards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    They had a problem to solve, and they took the route that yields the least damage. How people feel about it is out of their control.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Because the alternative is either compound problems, or allow a bug to stand in spite of the intentions of the Rewards.

Wrong. The alternative was to be honest and not give some players better rewards than others. I'm sure if I was probably never going to be good enough to do an initial run through the quest, let alone 100% it, I wouldn't care either.
  • Game_Is_DownGame_Is_Down Posts: 17
    Think its time to accept kabam only cares about some of their player base (those that plowed through the quest to take advantage of the bug) that they will not make this right.
  • Game_Is_DownGame_Is_Down Posts: 17
    They don't want a level playing field it seems, want those at the top to remain there as they will keep spending to stay there and those below them will spend to chase them but wont ever catch them as kabam keeps allowing the top players to take advantage without anything happening to them
  • KormoKormo Posts: 77
    Kabam has shown numerous times they do not care about their loyal players. All they care about is their pockets.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Ordalca wrote: »

Better than the fgm crystal odds :)
  • Hello! As this issue has already been addressed, this thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.