**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Same rewards for the same quest

You know what this is about.

Because of past occurrences, I simply can't believe the explanation given for why rankings couldn't be reversed.

But fine, whatever. I won't argue against it. So just make that rank up gem work the same for everyone. Simple, fair fix.

Zero reason to not do it. According to the explanation, being able to rank up any year champ doesn't throw off the game's balance, so that's not a reason not to. So, yeah.... Let's get this done.

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Competitive Integrity.

Kabam, 2018
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    allinashes wrote: »
    What they actually said in the explanation, is that this is not cost-efficient from their point of view. Not enough people got the exploit for the rewards to significantly affect their anticipated revenue from upcoming Black Friday deals.

Now if they have the same rewards to everyone who did the content...

Sounds to me like an easy roll back then if it truly wasn't that many.

No, as she explained, it's not as simple as just rolling them back.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I’m curious how do they make the gem equal for those who have already used it on 2015 champions?

I think you might want to revisit their statement as you appear to have completely misinterpreted it as they did not address imbalance.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    What they actually said in the explanation, is that this is not cost-efficient from their point of view. Not enough people got the exploit for the rewards to significantly affect their anticipated revenue from upcoming Black Friday deals.

Not as easy as fixing the EQ exploit? Taking back champs that were pulled from crystals and reverse ranking champs that were ranked due to exploited catalysts? I’m so sure...

That took weeks and that was undoubtedly an exploit. You can't call it an exploit universally because all the data shows is people did the Quest and used the Gems. Which means some used them unbeknownst to them. Is it fair for them to lose their Rank Ups? How about a week's worth of work or more, just because people are bitter? It's called Triage. You have to prioritize your amount of work in relation to the overall effect. Which is why the percentage was quoted. Believe it or not, it doesn't have a large overall effect because they caught it early. Unless you factor in emotional disturbance in overall game balancing.
    Can you assume every single person had knowledge, or do some people go to their Inventory and use what they have?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Can you assume every single person had knowledge, or do some people go to their Inventory and use what they have?

I doubt people are doing quests without knowing the rewards. The rewards are clearly laid out in the quests and it clearly stated the rank up gems were for 2915 champs. Nobody is doing a quest, especially one of that difficulty, without knowing what they’re getting for it. Thank you for your input though. Goodbye.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    @chunkyb

You cannot answer a simple question?

Isn’t this whole response to this bug a “what-about-ism”? But yeah I agree they can’t make it right by some, you included. I’m sorry.

Fair? There is nothing fair about mistakes or errors they are practically by definition “unfair” as they are unintended.

I’m not interested in being right, as I’m not trying to make unequivocal statements of opinion to support an opinion but Thanks for thinking of me. :D I am interested in having people who publicly attempt to make unequivocal statments be able to support them.
  • Lol... Man I've known you on here long enough to know your game.

You can try as hard as you want but you can't talk your way around:

-written up, designed as only 2015 champs
    -worked on any year champ
    -small set of players allowed to keep their any year rank ups
    -every other player told "sorry"
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★

No, but in a private message, Adora admitted it was an exploit (indirectly). So, they allow exploits when it is financially convenient to them.

No, but in a private message, Adora admitted it was an exploit (indirectly). So, they allow exploits when it is financially convenient to them.
    You're just going all out there with the conspiracy and conjecture.
    What, did she label it an exploit and you derived that from that, or did she say they take exploits very seriously?
    Bottom line, it was a bug, some people got to use it, and they got away with it. Some may have done it intentionally, undoubtedly did, and some didn't. They fixed the bug. All this righteous indignance over a couple people who got to keep their Champs. They allowed them to keep them. Not because they took advantage of it. For reasons explained by them. This whole train about them allowing exploits is just an attempt to goat them into giving everyone the universal Gem. It's a load of malarchy. They didn't want it to happen any more than we did. When it did, they had to deal with it. They did what caused the least amount of problems. Case closed.
    edited November 2018

What, did she label it an exploit and you derived that from that, or did she say they take exploits very seriously?
    Bottom line, it was a bug, some people got to use it, and they got away with it. Some may have done it intentionally, undoubtedly did, and some didn't. They fixed the bug. All this righteous indignance over a couple people who got to keep their Champs. They allowed them to keep them. Not because they took advantage of it. For reasons explained by them. This whole train about them allowing exploits is just an attempt to goat them into giving everyone the universal Gem. It's a load of malarchy. They didn't want it to happen any more than we did. When it did, they had to deal with it. They did what caused the least amount of problems. Case closed.

Nope... I have the message from Adora to prove it. Don’t worry... it will make the rounds. Posted about it on reddit and shared on Line. It isn’t a conspiracy when you have evidence.

I couldn’t be encouraging people exploit a bugged rank up gem, if ranking a champ not allowed is permissible. It is not an exploit then.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Can’t close threads and send warnings on Reddit and Line. This is not going away.

Nope... I have the message from Adora to prove it. Don’t worry... it will make the rounds. Posted about it on reddit and shared on Line. It isn’t a conspiracy when you have evidence.

I couldn’t be encouraging people exploit a bugged rank up gem, if ranking a champ not allowed is permissible. It is not an exploit then.

You have evidence that says they allow exploits when it's financially convenient? I call major B.S. on that one.
    edited November 2018

You have evidence that says they allow exploits when it's financially convenient? I call major B.S. on that one.

I never said that she said it was financially convenient. You are mixing words.

It is the aesthetics of the situation when she admitted it is an exploit. It makes it look that those that spent to clear the content in the first 48 hours are given a pass on what would be considered an exploit if we all did the same exact thing. Admitting it is an exploit shows the players that used the gem indeed exploited the game.

No. You added that bit and that was the point I was making. You said she admitted it was an exploit indirectly. You're conjecturing.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Guys, it wasn't an exploit. It was a bug that sum players benefited from and other didn't. Completely different.
    Guys, it wasn't an exploit. It was a bug that sum players benefited from and other didn't. Completely different.

But telling players to rank up non-rankable champs when they realize the bug allows them to is encouraging an exploit... so that is not true lol
  • Lol I just found a gw thread on reddit.

No. You added that bit and that was the point I was making. You said she admitted it was an exploit indirectly. You're conjecturing.

You aren’t making any points... lol
This discussion has been closed.