**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Dungeons: Friendship Progression, Increased Rewards, New Dungeons Crystals - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    WOW! So many trash champs...the last iteration of these crystals still made me go for the dungeon grind but this iteration is pretty much 80% of the public has crappy champs and only 20% get the good champs....new system for additional 500 5* shards rewards per dungeon? awesome, for 2 weeks of grinding, not only we get disappointment from dungeon crystals but top it off with a measly 500 5* shards
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Have you fixed the bugs in dungeons?
    Particularly the chat - that should be the way partners help themselves.
    It's annoying to have in the chat "Take down node 2" even if the choices change with each room you pass.
  • Pappee526Pappee526 Posts: 3
    Its funny that i have 4200+ prestige but only 14 5* champs. :#
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    This is nice.
    So many people want Cap iw so badly
    But every crystal is better than chaos.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    I'd like to see the 1 crystal limit removed. Dungeon artifacts are permanent and we ought to be able to save them up for multiple chances at the champ we want. Odds of getting a trash champ are much higher than getting the champ you want. Open one crystal and miss...then wait a long time for a new batch of crystals in which you will probably open one and miss. I actually like the dungeons but I find this aspect to be very annoying.

Agreed. It would also be a welcome change to have fewer/no bottom tier champs in the crystals, given that it takes months of loyal dungeon play to earn enough for a crystal. The game team has always said it keeps data on the effectiveness and use of champs, so presumably they know who is in that bottom tier.

An alternate idea, especially since “expanded roster usage” is now a thing per the game team: lesser cost crystals that contain a pool of mid-tier champs (for example, no KM, Blade, Hela, Void, ST, Iceman, etc. but including the likes of YJ, Drax, AV, Storm, Spidey, BSSM, KG, RR, etc.). Would be a way to expand anyone’s rosters and would specifically help middle to lower tier players add a reasonably solid champ to their rosters.

Of course, that would require a game team acknowledgement that some champs are more desirable than others. But I think they’ve basically done that already.

Dr. Zola
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I'd like to see the 1 crystal limit removed. Dungeon artifacts are permanent and we ought to be able to save them up for multiple chances at the champ we want. Odds of getting a trash champ are much higher than getting the champ you want. Open one crystal and miss...then wait a long time for a new batch of crystals in which you will probably open one and miss. I actually like the dungeons but I find this aspect to be very annoying.

Agreed. It would also be a welcome change to have fewer/no bottom tier champs in the crystals, given that it takes months of loyal dungeon play to earn enough for a crystal. The game team has always said it keeps data on the effectiveness and use of champs, so presumably they know who is in that bottom tier.

An alternate idea, especially since “expanded roster usage” is now a thing per the game team: lesser cost crystals that contain a pool of mid-tier champs (for example, no KM, Blade, Hela, Void, ST, Iceman, etc. but including the likes of YJ, Drax, AV, Storm, Spidey, BSSM, KG, RR, etc.). Would be a way to expand anyone’s rosters and would specifically help middle to lower tier players add a reasonably solid champ to their rosters.

Of course, that would require a game team acknowledgement that some champs are more desirable than others. But I think they’ve basically done that already.

Dr. Zola

Yep they have. It’s called “The Champion”
  • MrgreenMrgreen Posts: 58
    I stopped playing dungeons as it is full of bugs and I lost so much time in it.
    Instead of boosting the rewards and add some more features, did you fixed the dungeons? Would be great to play dungeons again, but not if you don't fix the bugs.
  • ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    What about friendship progression? Shouldn't we progress our friendship levels more faster by playing with a single friend regularly? I do play duns with only a friend because we've been for a year and a half and have great Mutual understanding. Also 72 rooms are just ridiculous imo. That means from start we can't get that 5 star shards and by playing with only 1 friend that progression to get 5 star shards everytime in a 3 days dungeons event will get longer to achieve. Mostly my strategy is to do dungeon7 3 rooms×2 times to get the full milestone rewards that means 6 runs/3 days event.
  • KormoKormo Posts: 77
    An opportunity to dupe my hard earned MK. Think i will pass.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Is there still going to be a limit on dungeon shards? 55k or something? Kabam should remove it as the crystals are worse this time round and most, if not all of us, will choose to keep the shards.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I can see why the 5 Star Nightmare Crystal IS a nightmare!
    Iron Patriot
    Hulk buster
    Ant-Man
    Kamala Kahn
    Falcon
    Black Panther (civil war)

That's awful!
    6/10 Champs are trash
    2/10 Champs are god-Tier
    2/10 Champs are good/decent
    Not Balanced at all

But then The 4 star genesis crystal and the war crystal look pretty good/balanced.
  • XMENsBOSSXMENsBOSS Posts: 13
    Bummer ! I’ve just ranked up 4* Loki in the last round to reach prestige 4300. Now they change the tiers! I’ve only 14 5* champs ! Sharks !
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Just saying duped 5*s should count as at least 2 5 stars I have 14 of them with 2 duped both if them cause I got the cups from crystals.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    I will try Dungeons again but will only do them if I have nothing else to do. Also need to check how long the load times are because I used to do D7 but because of load times I had to stop.

Dungeons are a chore to most people. Not fun as Kabam seem to think and when you have 20% chance in each crystal to get a really good champion just puts people off
  • Dungeons is a waste too much effort for little rewards
  • Tomlakes1Tomlakes1 Posts: 3
    Was looking forward to dungeons returning as have 24k saved up and was aiming for a 5* crystal. Now find that since I only have 14 5* I can only get 4* crystals. Why ? This is ridiculous. How am I supposed to progress in this game with such stupid rules. Come on Kabam. You can do better than this.
  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    Kabam,

Why did you remove so many good champs?? Where is void?? Can we add void?
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Why cant we back out if we get a bad matchup?? Its frustrating having to wait ten minutes to end it when ur partner has done nothing at all or whatever
  • GABrealGABreal Posts: 9
    If I use the dungeon boost to increase my points, will it only work for me? Or will it work for both my partner and myself?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Guys, I have to say I love the new improvements. It's added another layer to Dungeons and made it more incentivizing. The Bonuses are a fun, little side-quest. Thanks.
    I wonder do the amount of 5* shards increase. So when you do 6 rooms with one partner you get 200 5* shards, then you need to do 12 rooms so do you get 400 5* shards when you get to 12 rooms? Would make sense, double the effort, double the rewards.

If it stays at 200 5* shards then no incentive to go past 6 rooms with a friend. Just do 6 rooms with 30 friends and that would be 5800 5* shards.
  • BallSportsBallSports Posts: 21
    This dungeon is something else
  • BallSportsBallSports Posts: 21
    These crystals are something else
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I wonder do the amount of 5* shards increase. So when you do 6 rooms with one partner you get 200 5* shards, then you need to do 12 rooms so do you get 400 5* shards when you get to 12 rooms? Would make sense, double the effort, double the rewards.

If it stays at 200 5* shards then no incentive to go past 6 rooms with a friend. Just do 6 rooms with 30 friends and that would be 5800 5* shards.

I believe you get Rewards for every Friend. So 6 each will hit the Milestones. It goes to 12 with the same person, etc. The idea is to do them with different Friends.

I believe you get Rewards for every Friend. So 6 each will hit the Milestones. It goes to 12 with the same person, etc. The idea is to do them with different Friends.

That makes sense but seems like a stupid way to do it. Most people are meh about Dungeons. The boosts are a good idea for those people doing lower levels but for units? No chance.
  • Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    Let me understand.. it's 72 rooms for 200 5* shards? O.o