**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ NC what’s the deal??!!

WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
What the hell is the deal with nightcrawler today/yesterday? I’ve never had an issue. Seven times I tried to switch him, his timer is active, I hit him four times (like always) timer runs out, but he doesn’t switch to swashbuckler.

4 times While hitting into his block he just suddenly starts attacking me, mid “combo“ without evading...

One time I actually switched him to swashbuckler and then right after I combo him, he goes to attack me, I evade, and he actually switched OUT of swashbuckler… WHILE attacking?

I’m glad this is the last day but what the hell?!?

Comments

• WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Finally got proof of it today. Beginning of video the timer just suddenly drops, end of video it runs full duration and he doesn’t switch

https://youtu.be/j5sZ9-e-Wj0

Video is from arena. But with nightcrawler being the mini boss again… Goody
  • All I know is attacking into NC with normal attacks (as opposed to, say, a long duration special) has always had the chance to break the timer for me. What I'm seeing in the video is what used to happen to me all the time before I learned/practiced better ways to switch him.
  • Not sure about hitting into block since is a bit risky. Try the air punch and then hold block method, I had a 6* in AW today and got him to switch right away. There a a number of YT vids about it to help if you haven’t seen it
    Evading out has always been a risk. I’m familiar with all the methods; this isn’t a complaint about how difficult he is… The problem is just suddenly losing the timer which could be possible since the frame rate change but the main problem… Which IS a problem and not game as usual... is when he’s holding the block for the full duration and not changing. Not sure why people are trying to rationalize this as normal meta but it’s not. It’s a glitch. If the timer runs out and he doesn’t switch then this goes against game “procedures”
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Yeah he should have switched in that video because he held on to his block until the timer ran out.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    The timer just despier try when he dash back and hold blok then use a ligt akt. Istand much safer
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Just switched NC on map 5 in 10 seconds. I still can’t believe people are trying to switch him by attacking in to his block. There is a much easier and better way.
  • Just switched NC on map 5 in 10 seconds. I still can’t believe people are trying to switch him by attacking in to his block. There is a much easier and better way.

Think he already know other ways just a proof there is a bug with NC. =)
  • No point in trying to defend people's replies here. It's clear to see that 99% of people completely ignore the content of an OP and go for the troll approach.

Instead of acknowledging the clear and obvious glitch in the video, the common response is to "get good".

Makes me remember why I rarely come on the forums. People are ****
  • No point in trying to defend people's replies here. It's clear to see that 99% of people completely ignore the content of an OP and go for the troll approach.

Instead of acknowledging the clear and obvious glitch in the video, the common response is to "get good".

Makes me remember why I rarely come on the forums. People are ****

hard words but i agree that many dont read the issues here..
    The issue is not if NC is hard or not,. the issue/problem is the bug that is back..NC wont switch combat mode even he shud (YES it have happen before)

• w0otwo0tw0otwo0t Posts: 11
    Yea B_dizzle please enlighten us on your superb skills your highness
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Just switched NC on map 5 in 10 seconds. I still can’t believe people are trying to switch him by attacking in to his block. There is a much easier and better way.

Probably the baddest lad there is. Skills off the chart. Can't touch it every one give up.

Seriously if you gonna post a tip then post the actual tip and not brag about how good you are. Not adding value to the post

Op wait for his timer to run - light attack from a distance that's it
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I've never tried the hitting block method but I can confirm that i have not seen any issues with the timer or switching NC using the light attack from a distance method. If the OP tries another method and gets different results that would at least narrow it down to a particular method inducing this and not NC altogether.

Don't be too hard on @B_Dizzle_01 either. I would also say that attacking the block is possibly the most difficult and least effective way to switch NC. I DO realize that is not the OP's point but it IS worth a consideration.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Is there another way to switch NC apart from hitting the block when the timer is on?

I did that on AW boss and NC switched.
    It happen early in game and thus I managed to kill off the boss.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Yesterday I was fighting NC on the first mini node in AQ and somehow he gets hit dashes back and KOs me... (He was in Swashbuckling btw not Neyaphem)
    Thank you to those who understand this isn’t a, “I can’t beat nightcrawler“ post. It is a, “there’s a problem with nightcrawler“ post. I don’t have trouble with him. The video is not me trying to beat him, it was just trying to record proof of a problem. It was arena for god sake‘s I could’ve just easily parried him 😂

Simply being an a easier way, doesn’t change the fact that ONE of the ways has been handicapped. Speaking of handicapped… I am a quadriplegic, only use one arm and can’t move my fingers so I have never been able to make the light attacked from a distance technic work. Can’t react fast enough switching from dashing back On the left side of the phone To tapping the right side of the phone and being able to switch back to the left to block in case he dash in… makes evade champs in general a pain for me. But again, it’s irrelevant to this post. (Very jealous of those who can make that tactic work BTW 😉 You have a much easier go at it than me)

To each their own. Just wanted to make Kabam aware of an issue... thank you to those who understood my intent