**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is this? I’m not liking what I’m seeing here

So this just happened, and everyone knows the low drop rates for daily cats so now I’m convinced it’s a total BS system, MODS explain please and remember you did promise us transparency and Santa is watching

h60a35os2m22.png

Comments

• Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    Ya, the price is crazy. For the T3cc quest, its 400 units for 1. I may be wrong, but I though the old offers that would pop up was for 2 class cats. Can't remember what the cost was for that though.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Whoa whoa, let's slow down for a second. No need to get Santa involved!

Remember those Offers that used to pop up every now and again after completing a run of the Daily Quest? They've been in game for quite some time now, and would give you a chance to purchase the Class Catalyst from the Daily Quest in exchange for units.

Those have been improved upon, and instead of offering the exact class catalyst corresponding with the Daily Quest, it now allows you to select the class, for the same unit cost!

These aren't new, just improved!

So instead of running a quest we can just buy them???? Seems it would have been easier just to add it to the store, but thank you for the response
    hurricant wrote: »

Remember those Offers that used to pop up every now and again after completing a run of the Daily Quest? They've been in game for quite some time now, and would give you a chance to purchase the Class Catalyst from the Daily Quest in exchange for units.

Those have been improved upon, and instead of offering the exact class catalyst corresponding with the Daily Quest, it now allows you to select the class, for the same unit cost!

So instead of running a quest we can just buy them???? Seems it would have been easier just to add it to the store, but thank you for the response

OR! How about this. They can just increase drop rates for free and not sell these 150 unit t2c?

That would be nice
    Just to be clear you have to buy the selector for 150 units and then buy the cats for 150 units as well?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    No, the Selector gives you a Cat of any Class.
    I believe.
    edited November 2018
    Honestly, I've never had to buy those. Once with an accidental click. The Cats are random drops. You don't need to wait for a week to farm them. Just rerun the Quest.
    At least I don't remember buying them anyway. It's possible early on. Lol.
  • Just to be clear you have to buy the selector for 150 units and then buy the cats for 150 units as well?

Nope! Purchasing the selector gives you the option of what Catalyst you'd like.
  • SociopathSociopath Posts: 101
    Its a clear cash/unit grab for the new ppl in my eyes and as @Ch1efster pointed out, you used to get two CC in the previous deals.
    Recently I was one short on a Mystic CC after running it "This absurd deal appeared" which after reading I was shocked at the lengths of Unit/cash grab this was as only new people to this game would be silly enough to even contemplate buying. So long story short I spent 30 units on a refill and ran this again to obtain this one mystic cc (which Dropped)
    So "yes" the op is correct here, its an absolute disgrace!
    Just to be clear you have to buy the selector for 150 units and then buy the cats for 150 units as well?

Nope! Purchasing the selector gives you the option of what Catalyst you'd like.

Ok so it’s a one time thing you don’t get to keep the selector?

Sociopath wrote: »
    Its a clear cash/unit grab for the new ppl in my eyes and as @Ch1efster pointed out, you used to get two CC in the previous deals.
    Recently I was one short on a Mystic CC after running it "This absurd deal appeared" which after reading I was shocked at the lengths of Unit/cash grab this was as only new people to this game would be silly enough to even contemplate buying. So long story short I spent 30 units on a refill and ran this again to obtain this one mystic cc (which Dropped)

First of all, no. The Pop-Up was random, and it didn't give you the opportunity of a guaranteed Cat of your choice. There doesn't exist anything outside of this that does. It was an improvement on the old Offer.
    As for whether it's worth it or not, that's entirely up to the individual and how badly they need the Cat. If you don't find it worth your time, up to you. Some will.
  • BrutalDLXBrutalDLX Posts: 21
    edited November 2018

I love seeing new features in the Contest. However, the price per catalyst has doubled! The ability to choose your own class is nice. But, not worth the bump in price IMHO. Some may consider this a downgrade vs. an improvement. Food for thought.

EDIT: Does a catalyst selector provide 2x catalysts? If so, then great! (maybe this should be included in the description).
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

First of all, no. The Pop-Up was random, and it didn't give you the opportunity of a guaranteed Cat of your choice. There doesn't exist anything outside of this that does. It was an improvement on the old Offer.
    As for whether it's worth it or not, that's entirely up to the individual and how badly they need the Cat. If you don't find it worth your time, up to you. Some will.

The pop-up was never random. It guaranteed 2 class crystals but only for the class that was on daily for that day. The improvement seems to be is that you can now get a class catalyst of your choice without waiting for specific days (Monday for mutant, etc.). However, the pop-up now shows you get one crystal whereas it used to offer two.
  • edited November 2018
    BrutalDLX wrote: »

I love seeing new features in the Contest. However, the price per catalyst has doubled! The ability to choose your own class is nice. But, not worth the bump in price IMHO. Some may consider this a downgrade vs. an improvement. Food for thought.

EDIT: Does a catalyst selector provide 2x catalysts? If so, then great! (maybe this should be included in the description).

I see where the confusion is! Yes! The selector contains 2 catalysts (of the same Class), but the description does not call that out. We'll get that fixed!
    arsjum wrote: »

The pop-up was never random. It guaranteed 2 class crystals but only for the class that was on daily for that day. The improvement seems to be is that you can now get a class catalyst of your choice without waiting for specific days (Monday for mutant, etc.). However, the pop-up now shows you get one crystal whereas it used to offer two.

I thought it was random. Most of the time I don't pay attention anyway. Either way, the selection is useful. You can run it any day and get what you need.
  • RevHeresyRevHeresy Posts: 68
    Maybe someone already mentioned this, but running these quests deliver less t2c. Right?
  • BlackSaChiBlackSaChi Posts: 298

αgrєє... wє ѕhσuld hαvє α cαt ѕtσrє...
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    RevHeresy wrote: »
    Maybe someone already mentioned this, but running these quests deliver less t2c. Right?

They do. They give minuscule amounts.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    How are these offers "improved"?

The t3c offers were 400 credits previously for (2) of whatever the class of the day was...

Now it's (1) of any class for 400 credits...

Why this stinks:

1. The old offers are gone. If there was at least a toss up for the original offer to pop up it would be appreciated.
    2. When I first saw this offer, I was running daily Science class quests to rank someone up and was ready to dump 400 credits on (2) science t3c's... and instead, I get to buy (1) t3c for 400 credits...

this is not a better deal... at least not cost-wise.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    MMCskippy wrote: »

The t3c offers were 400 credits previously for (2) of whatever the class of the day was...

Why this stinks:

1. The old offers are gone. If there was at least a toss up for the original offer to pop up it would be appreciated.
    2. When I first saw this offer, I was running daily Science class quests to rank someone up and was ready to dump 400 credits on (2) science t3c's... and instead, I get to buy (1) t3c for 400 credits...

Its still Too Didn't you see What @Kabam Miike Said you get 2 For The Same price But this Time you Have the Choice any classe you want
  • MMCskippy wrote: »

Why this stinks:

If only they gave two instead of one...
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MMCskippy wrote: »

Why this stinks:

If only they gave two instead of one...

Oh wait....