**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So, Why is Stark Spidey so Good?

I feel I need to apologize for this question as it’ll probably anger some people to see a person ask such a question, but I really don’t get it- what makes him so coveted?

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Basically he has some of the highest damage potential in the game. Stacking his poise charges gives him tons of attack and a huge boost to crit rate.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    He has insane damage output. I saw a video of a R5 5* that took out Uncollected Aegon in like 18 hits or something like that. And as @LeNoirFaineant said, he also has stun, power drain, auto evade specials (60%) chance. Those are some pretty good perks. Main downside in my opinion is he is a little squishy, but if you play him right that doesn't really matter.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/IQkkGc2hg6I

See for yourself.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    It’s extremely hard to land a special on him with his evade and his damage output is insanely strong
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Not a 2015 Champ?

But seriously, he does a lot of dmg - not the most but a lot. Have some utility - not the most but enough. Great balance. High skill cap and hard to use but so worth it.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Stack about 5-7 poise charges and start attacking. My maxed out 4* Sig lvl 20 does an average of around 9000 damage with a simple 5 combo. His auto evade is great for undodgeable attacks. He's got an emergency power drain. He can stop evades with his sp3. He shreds sentinels with his special 2. And most of all, he's still insane unawakened.
  • 8115i0uvvyyl.png

That’s a R4 OG Spider Man sig 118 on Dismay mini boss... I wrecked him lol
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Sp2 double shocks robots, taunt mechanic that makes baiting easier, hits hard, and a cool victory pose
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    If you play him right he is one of the hardest hitters in the game. He can power control. He can evade specials. the 5* is one of the best options for LOL. He has great synergy with Blade. Amazing for AW attack. I only have a 4* and don't use him much but I think that about covers it.

Agreed. He takes time to build, but we'll worth it. The Boss Challenge at NYCC was proof of that.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    If you play him right he is one of the hardest hitters in the game. He can power control. He can evade specials. the 5* is one of the best options for LOL. He has great synergy with Blade. Amazing for AW attack. I only have a 4* and don't use him much but I think that about covers it.

This is the best reply to the question! Salute.

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Some of the highest damage in the game, some power control, powerful taunt mechanic, evades specials, stun w/ chain capability, does not rely on synergies, useful for all content, huge L2 shock that decimates opponents (especially robots), mild ability accuracy and evade reduction....

Just did my first path of LOL with him. With Vulture synergy he fully evades Falcon and War Machine L1s. With Miles synergy he gets infinite parries.

He’s a god, and arguably the best champ in the game. Low HP though, so practice building poise and not getting hit.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    One of the things not mentioned so far, the guy has A TON of synergies as well. Not necessary, but extra helpful.
    One of the things not mentioned so far, the guy has A TON of synergies as well. Not necessary, but extra helpful.

Blade synergy is helpful, but not necessary. Nothing really game-changing for Spidey. The Spidey team is pretty powerful though. As good or better than the mutant team for him. Venom, Miles, Vulture, Doc, Electro...
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    edited November 2018
    I have an UNDUPE 4* Stark Spidey, he is OK but not God yet.

* i heard he requires DUPE to be God.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★

Blade synergy is helpful, but not necessary. Nothing really game-changing for Spidey. The Spidey team is pretty powerful though. As good or better than the mutant team for him. Venom, Miles, Vulture, Doc, Electro...

Oh, yes. The 4* team I can put together does quite some damage:

Doc Oc.
    Sparky
    Venom
    Vulture
    Green Goblin

Lots of fun!
  • @OneManArmy I did first path of Lol with starky, used about 900 units and that was mainly on maestro due to his buffs ( in that respect starky isn’t good as he is tech) but for the rest of the fights?! Starky is generally the best champ for lol. Completed 90% of fights in less than 220 hits. Magik went down in 2, war machine was a one shot ( starky evaded every sp1). So I would say other champs are some of the best for LOL, but starky? He made it look easy.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    We are forgetting to mention his sp3 which reduces ability accuracy for quite some time.

Assuming you do not get any b.s. maestro rng (really it comes down to that with techs, you can be the best player) he is definately the one of if not the* best option of champs available thus far. His auto evade helps so much with the champs that will be laughing 10+ annoying specials that are hard to dodge.

Sure there are special fights like abom/x23 where you could use better champs but like @ExiTTer said i brought in a blade to kill magik, to say the least a full hp sparky did better no joke.

This is what I say to myself to determine which champion is top notch: " if there was a hidden champ filled with unknown nodes, who would i be most comfortable using?" My answer is always spark.

Corvus - maybe, better be boosted or a short fight
    Domino - close but bleed immune and gl
    Void - close but debuff immune/maco and its very very annoying
    Quake - close but stun immune and you better bring your quake A-game

Like most top tier champs, in the right hands, sparky is unstoppable.

Oh, yes. The 4* team I can put together does quite some damage:

Doc Oc.
    Sparky
    Venom
    Vulture
    Green Goblin

Lots of fun!

Gotta get miles in there I think. 30% extended duration on stun, shock, and ensnare!
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    MavRCK_ wrote: »
    Not a 2015 Champ?

But seriously, he does a lot of dmg - not the most but a lot. Have some utility - not the most but enough. Great balance. High skill cap and hard to use but so worth it.

What's hard to use about him lol? You build poise, and you hit stuff. He basically evades every special automatically for you. And with his taunt mechanic opponents throw specials even more so you don't even need to bait them.

For me he's one of the easiest champs to use lol
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Unfortunate block proficiency, but everything else is either average or way above average, the most important utility, in my opinion, is the special evasion. Absolutely invaluable