Champion Spotlight - Ægon

Comments

• zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 1,589 ★★★★
    Dazbohshet wrote: »
    Does the Sentry synergy scale depending on the tier of the champion? Will a 5* aegon give Sentry +500 crit rate and crit damage rate for each reality warp? If not them I'm confused why stark spiderman has his crit rate ability which is easier to get.

This information for +500 was gained from sources prior to his release. It has since been changed.

This is exactly what I came to find out, little disappointed but should still make Sentry better. I'm planning on going for Aegon in the arena for a trio of Aegon/Champ/Sentry and was hoping 500 was the correct number. Thanks for the info
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    @Kabam Vydious What synergies are available as 3*? Also I would advise if this is mentioned in future for all new champs so people know what rarity they would want to go for, if for the synergies at all. Thanks!
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 603 ★★★
    A question - If he gets KO'd does that zero his persistent combo meter; or does he still have those hits in his pocket if you revive him?

And if the answer to that is that "Yes, he keeps his persistent combo when he's KO'd"; then what if he gets KO'd with a combo shield up or due to DoT? Does his Sig continue to build up his persistent combo even if he loses?

His Persistent Combo can never go down. If he gets KO'd, the Persistent Combo he has when he died will be the amount he has when he's revived, except if he has Combo Shield. If he dies with a Combo Shield (and some number of hits on the Combo Meter), those hits will be converted into Persistent Combo as normal.
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    Both Ægon and The Champion have the same synergy with each other. It clearly means both synergy will be activated when both are in a team rigt? It means both will get an additional +40% attack when fighting bigger and smaller opponents respectively?

There's actually only one synergy, it's just that both characters display it. If you bring them both, each will get 20% attack. Even if there were two synergies, they're Unique, so they still wouldn't stack.

Now, why would you guys wasting time and efforts to give them both the same synergy but it doesn't stack? You can give one of them a different unique synergy with one another. I'm curious about this final decision of putting these same synergy. I'm sure your team can come up a much better synergy idea other than this. It's a disappointment to see I'd say.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 301
    Isn’t it about damn time to give our little racoon friend some love?
    Aegon is completely overpowering racoon from crit damage to crit rate, and even health and base attack rate
    Kabam. Honestly, what made you think giving highest attack rate with average healthpool would be a great idea?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,888 ★★★
    A question - If he gets KO'd does that zero his persistent combo meter; or does he still have those hits in his pocket if you revive him?

And if the answer to that is that "Yes, he keeps his persistent combo when he's KO'd"; then what if he gets KO'd with a combo shield up or due to DoT? Does his Sig continue to build up his persistent combo even if he loses?

His Persistent Combo can never go down. If he gets KO'd, the Persistent Combo he has when he died will be the amount he has when he's revived, except if he has Combo Shield. If he dies with a Combo Shield (and some number of hits on the Combo Meter), those hits will be converted into Persistent Combo as normal.

Wow. Thanks for the quick answer.

That's pretty extraordinary. So against a powerful boss, an Awakened Aegon can just be built up relentlessly for the cost of a few revives?

I think we may have a new candidate for the ultimate ramp-up boss-killer, folks.

Tagging @Epsilon3 just for his interest.
  • @Karuseus don't you remember they did give him love. Dash back hold block and you get a spectacular shield , up to 3 times.
    LoL
  • SSofLimbo wrote: »
    If I may ask since its really relevant with Ægon, how does his crit damage rating interact with his attack rating? By how much does it increase his actual damage on a crit?

Thank you

When any champion gets a crit, the damage of the crit is determined by multiplying the attack's regular damage by a crit multiplier. This multiplier is increased by a Champions Crit Damage Rating, so the higher that rating goes, the more damage a Champ's crits can potentially do.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    SSofLimbo wrote: »
    If I may ask since its really relevant with Ægon, how does his crit damage rating interact with his attack rating? By how much does it increase his actual damage on a crit?

Thank you

When any champion gets a crit, the damage of the crit is determined by multiplying the attack's regular damage by a crit multiplier. This multiplier is increased by a Champions Crit Damage Rating, so the higher that rating goes, the more damage a Champ's crits can potentially do.

And considering he’ll be getting nonstop crits… YEAH! And do you see why I’m calling him basically a better Star lord? Give him enough offensive utility to shake a womping willow at (Harry’s Potter anyone?) plus the carry over (something I noticed VERY early one @Magrailothos thank you tho) and he’s kinda Corvus meets Star lord

Hard to defensively counter, lives off immeasurably high critical damage that he carries over and is always increasing his damage through his combo meter.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,018 ★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    SSofLimbo wrote: »

Thank you

And considering he’ll be getting nonstop crits… YEAH! And do you see why I’m calling him basically a better Star lord? Give him enough offensive utility to shake a womping willow at (Harry’s Potter anyone?) plus the carry over (something I noticed VERY early one @Magrailothos thank you tho) and he’s kinda Corvus meets Star lord

Hard to defensively counter, lives off immeasurably high critical damage that he carries over and is always increasing his damage through his combo meter.

He's still more like Rocket than Starlord though.
  • edited November 2018
    Mike12867 wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious What synergies are available as 3*? Also I would advise if this is mentioned in future for all new champs so people know what rarity they would want to go for, if for the synergies at all. Thanks!

Here's a breakdown:

At 2* and up - David and Goliath
    • With The Champion
    • Increases attack based on opponent's size

At 3* and up - Friends Lv. 3
    • With Sentry
    • AEgon guarantees Crits, Sentry gains Crit Rating and Crit Damage Rating

At 4* and up - Combo Breakers
    • With Proxima and Star Lord
    • Provides a one-time combo shield

Hope this helps! :)

• Wow. Thanks for the quick answer.

That's pretty extraordinary. So against a powerful boss, an Awakened Aegon can just be built up relentlessly for the cost of a few revives?

I think we may have a new candidate for the ultimate ramp-up boss-killer, folks.

Tagging @Epsilon3 just for his interest.

That is an option for AEgon, but it's very much not optimal.

His Persistent Combo tracks his Combo Meter at the end of the fight, not his total hits, nor the highest Combo he reached during the fight. So in order to build him up against a boss in that way, you'd need to get him low enough on health to die in one hit, then get in a bunch of hits to build up the Combo Meter without getting hit yourself, then trigger combo shield and let the AI hit you, then you have to spend a revive. And since he only transfers a portion of his Combo into Persistent Combo, you'll probably have to do this a number of times (more than just "a few revives") in order to see a noticeable benefit.

It's much better to build him up in fights leading up to a boss, especially longer fights against champions with high health or defense. Then you can arrive at the boss fight already ramped up.
  • Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 1,556 ★★★
    Reminds me of starlords ramp up damage
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 1,323 ★★★
    Karuseus wrote: »
    Aegon is completely overpowering racoon from crit damage to crit rate, and even health and base attack rate
    Kabam. Honestly, what made you think giving highest attack rate with average healthpool would be a great idea?

rocket racoon awakened ability use to be the higher his combo the more crit damage he does then they nerfed him and now aegon has it lol
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,702 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Nojokejaym wrote: »

rocket racoon awakened ability use to be the higher his combo the more crit damage he does then they nerfed him and now aegon has it lol

That was never his ability ... not at least since 2015 ...
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

actually it was years ago then they changed it, i use to use him alot

IT WAS HIS CRITCAL RATE IT USE TO SCALE UP TO 100% AFTER 30 HITS BUT THEY CHANGED THAT

IT WAS HIS CRITCAL RATE IT USE TO SCALE UP TO 100% AFTER 30 HITS BUT THEY CHANGED THAT

Yes, critical rate ...

It used to hit 100% in like 20-30 hits ... now he is soft capped at 60% and hard capped at 80% .. sad .. i have a 6* duped rocket ...

Yes, critical rate ...

It used to hit 100% in like 20-30 hits ... now he is soft capped at 60% and hard capped at 80% .. sad .. i have a 6* duped rocket ...

but now aegon has what he had lol

Yes, critical rate ...

Aegon is also capped ... caps are attached to diminishing returns ... it's just that after a few fights he starts with 80% crit rate ...

Yes, critical rate ...

Aegon is also capped ... caps are attached to diminishing returns ... it's just that after a few fights he starts with 80% crit rate ...

well they should say it in his abilities because what i've seen in gameplay eventually every hit he does is a crit so....... if thats not 100% chance to crit then i dont know what is i know his damaged is capped

Yes, critical rate ...

well they should say it in his abilities because what i've seen in gameplay eventually every hit he does is a crit so....... if thats not 100% chance to crit then i dont know what is i know his damaged is capped

I quickly checked Brian Grant's ROL run. I saw him against Juggernaut and in 20 hits, he hit 3 non-criticals. His combo meter in total was touching nearly 400 hits in total (persistent + current) ...

Any diminishing returns system will never reach 100% (unless you reach infinity hits)
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 916 ★★★
    What is his sig ability for maxed out 5*? Why do we constantly not get the information for 5* characters???
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 610 ★★★
    Dazbohshet wrote: »
    Does the Sentry synergy scale depending on the tier of the champion? Will a 5* aegon give Sentry +500 crit rate and crit damage rate for each reality warp? If not them I'm confused why stark spiderman has his crit rate ability which is easier to get.

This information for +500 was gained from sources prior to his release. It has since been changed.
    It got people too hype and you couldn’t have that?
  • Epsilon3 wrote: »
    He is LITERALLY STAR LORD

both constantly increase their damage based off their combo meter

HOW CAN YOU BE SO DEPENDENT ON DISAGREEING WITH EVERYONE SO MUCH THAT THIS SIMPLE FACT ELUDES YOU?!?!?!?!

The ONLY difference is that it’s Crit Damage vs all damage and that’s NEGLIGIBLE when his combo constantly increases his critical rate

Actually there is a more fundamental difference. Starlord's signature ability increases attack rating and attack rating is not subject to diminishing returns. Hypothetically speaking attack rating can increase without limit. The only limit on Starlord's attack rating increase is the limit baked into his signature ability itself: As he can increase attack by 5% per hit on the combo meter, that maxes out at 2000% or 20x his base attack rating. And all critical hits scale up with attack rating.

Aegon buffs critical damage rating and that's a flat stat subject to diminishing returns. The asymptotic limit on critical damage is different from all other flat stats: it is essentially 550%. To put this into perspective, at 250 combo hits on the meter his critical damage rating would be approximately 3000. That translates to about 350% critical damage. At 500 combo his critical rating would be about 6000 and that translates to about 425% critical damage @ CR100. At 1000 combo hits critical damage rating would double to about 12000. That translates to about 475% critical damage rating. At a ridiculous 10,000 combo meter you get to 542%. That's what the asymptotic limit of 550% means.

Starlord at maximum combo meter probably deals more critical damage than Aegon, although I can't directly compare them as I don't have an Aegon. But in rough numbers Starlord deals crits on the order of 180% damage about 20% of the time. The low figure of merit at the maximum combo meter is about 3600% damage x 0.20 = 720%. Starlord deals about 720% of his base attack rating in critical damage on every hit, averaged across all hits (crit and non-crit). That's in the general ballpark of Aegon's asymptotic limit of 550% critical damage if we assume a 100% crit rate (it won't be).

Aegon's advantage is that once he builds up a high persistent charge he starts every fight with that high critical damage output while Starlord has to build up to it at the start of every new fight. That *might* allow him to outdamage Starlord in something like LoL. But Starlord's maximum damage seems higher based on rough numbers. This ignores secondary effects like SL's fury and armor break and Aegon's bleeds and furies.
  • Can someone explained his signature to me? And then mostly the last part:

Ægon's abilities that count the Combo Meter add his Persistent Combo on top of it.

Could be my understanding of English, but I don’t get what they are saying.
  • Hitman6666 wrote: »
    Can someone explained his signature to me? And then mostly the last part:

Ægon's abilities that count the Combo Meter add his Persistent Combo on top of it.

Could be my understanding of English, but I don’t get what they are saying.

Hi there, so what his signature ability basically means is that part of his combo meter will be converted to persistent charges at the end of a fight. It also means that any of his abilities that count his combo meter will count his persistent charges as part of his combo.

For example, if his signature ability is high enough to add 65% of his final Combo Meter into his Persistent Combo, if he ended a fight with a 100 hit combo, he would add 65 persistent charges to his Persistent Combo. At the start of the next fight, his abilities would act as if he already had a 65-hit combo. This means that, at the start of the fight, he would have access to all of his combo meter abilities that unlock at 65 hits or below. In this example, he'd have access to all of the combo abilities up to "Charging a Heavy Attack grants him 1 second of Unstoppable".
    So no 5* sig level ability at 200?
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 80
    Hold on guys Ægon deliberately made difficult probably developer wanted to experiment on us, that node adding 10 persistent combos every few seconds is the worst buff anyone could imagine, even after bug fix it’s not improving at all, just can’t block him or parry him if loose fights once or twice, makes it impossible more you revive and fight , on top of it buffet addition on node is really disgusting fight if u can’t get him down one shot , actually this character can’t be that hard on defense , kabam you made him a monster on this quest . Imagination at your peak, welldone developers, I think you guys are working very hard to make people life’s so difficult by introducing all these mechanics, but some people like these challenges not everyone I suppose
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 80
    Developers please put this persistent combo thingy in AW defense nodes just put 50 persistent charges every 5 seconds automatically added would be really great to see every one put him on defense and u can achieve people not doing 100% explore in aw, mission accomplished
    Developers please put this persistent combo thingy in AW defense nodes just put 50 persistent charges every 5 seconds automatically added would be really great to see every one put him on defense and u can achieve people not doing 100% explore in aw, mission accomplished

Oh it will be along with bleed immune so you cant use AA :)

That be fun!