**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Spreading a little holiday cheer...

We learned today, after an edit of a post, that there would be only a 1 week break between seasons. Not only was this quite a sudden change for no apparent reason, but wasn’t even announced formally. We learned by revisiting a thread. Generally, one doesn’t need to visit locked threads more than once, for they don’t change.

Anyhoo, this new season will promptly end at basically the end of the Holiday season, January 1st. It makes for a frantic holiday season balancing the whole life/work/game mix. With the amount of content needing daily attention (dungeons, Quests, AQ, AW, soon to be announced special quests), you guys, Kabam, have spoken and we see how much time you’d like us to spend.

What I’m asking is for an early holiday present. How about this for a suggestion...

If you made the next AW season just 3 weeks instead of 4, it would end on December 25th. Then, give us the typical 2 week break, and the majority of the holiday season will have passed and folks can spend a little more time with families.

Now, here is the holiday spirit part. Instead of reducing the rewards by 25% for a shorter season, let’s just throw those bah humbugs in the recycling bin and offer the normal rewards. A little gift, albeit at little cost to you Kabam, for your faithful and loyal summoners.

Tis the season Kabam, give it a thought.

Comments

• MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    This isn't a bad idea.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    You don't have to play
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    No, someone posed the question, and a formal Post was made. Top of the page. To answer the question, the Post was linked in the Thread.
    Many people from all different areas of the world and walks of life play. It's not fair to hault everything because some are busy. Others aren't even celebrating the same Holidays.
    Balancing life and play is not something the game can do for people. We each have to make our own decisions. If it's a time that we are with family celebrating, it's our responsibility to make that a priority and not be concerned with a game. Things will be here when we get back.
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    No, someone posed the question, and a formal Post was made. Top of the page. To answer the question, the Post was linked in the Thread.
    Many people from all different areas of the world and walks of life play. It's not fair to hault everything because some are busy. Others aren't even celebrating the same Holidays.
    Balancing life and play is not something the game can do for people. We each have to make our own decisions. If it's a time that we are with family celebrating, it's our responsibility to make that a priority and not be concerned with a game. Things will be here when we get back.

OP is not asking to stop the wars altogether...Just shorten the season...for those who don't wanna enjoy christmas can always enjoy normal wars off season...and the request is based on the fact that season gap was reduced to a week....You cant just leave ally hanging so wat the OP says completely and absolutely makes sense....and should be implemented in my view...considering festive season & short gap...

OP is not asking to stop the wars altogether...Just shorten the season...for those who don't wanna enjoy christmas can always enjoy normal wars off season...and the request is based on the fact that season gap was reduced to a week....You cant just leave ally hanging so wat the OP says completely and absolutely makes sense....and should be implemented in my view...considering festive season & short gap...

3 weeks is not long enough to constitute a Season. It's already been reduced from its original format. Reducing it would mean another reduction in Rewards, and there comes a point where it is no longer worth the effort when you do that. The point I'm making is others are playing. If people are busy with family, they're busy. That's part of responsibilities. If they're not free, that means Allies will have to manage without them. Family comes before a game. No question. It's just not reasonable to expect everyone else to stop when we're not around, in my opinion.
  • No, someone posed the question, and a formal Post was made. Top of the page. To answer the question, the Post was linked in the Thread.

If you read my full post, you’ll see where I address the reduced rewards. My point is not for Kabam to shorten the season because of inabilities of summoners to make the proper decision. My point is for Kabam to make it easier for us all. Like, I don’t know, a gift. For maybe a holiday.
    It's a competition.
    In any event, you're free to share your idea. I'm not trying to be contradictory. I just don't agree is all.
    Besides, next month is the Anniversary. I think there will be other festivities going on as extras. Just a hunch.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Stat wrote: »
    We learned today, after an edit of a post, that there would be only a 1 week break between seasons. Not only was this quite a sudden change for no apparent reason, but wasn’t even announced formally. We learned by revisiting a thread. Generally, one doesn’t need to visit locked threads more than once, for they don’t change.

Anyhoo, this new season will promptly end at basically the end of the Holiday season, January 1st. It makes for a frantic holiday season balancing the whole life/work/game mix. With the amount of content needing daily attention (dungeons, Quests, AQ, AW, soon to be announced special quests), you guys, Kabam, have spoken and we see how much time you’d like us to spend.

What I’m asking is for an early holiday present. How about this for a suggestion...

If you made the next AW season just 3 weeks instead of 4, it would end on December 25th. Then, give us the typical 2 week break, and the majority of the holiday season will have passed and folks can spend a little more time with families.

Now, here is the holiday spirit part. Instead of reducing the rewards by 25% for a shorter season, let’s just throw those bah humbugs in the recycling bin and offer the normal rewards. A little gift, albeit at little cost to you Kabam, for your faithful and loyal summoners.

Tis the season Kabam, give it a thought.

If you expect to recieve a gift, you need to be prepared to give a gift. What are you giving back to Kabam for their part in this gift exchange?