**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Black Friday Offer Feedback [MERGED THREADS]

1235»

Comments

• 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Ahhhhhh

I see zero communication from any Mods....

So as alway... I offer my 2 cents which equals nothing

I EXPECT NOTHING YET SOME HOW IM STILL DISAPPOINTED

I’m not holding my breath for Monday.....

Just getting closer and closer to leaving, I really should thank y’all for the freedom of life
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    TheVyrus wrote: »
    You all act as if this game's developers owe you something. They don't, an offer was made and if you don't like it don't buy it.

I get upset at things they do as a company too, but they do have the right to do what they want and you have the right to not play or make purchases.

We'd be acting like they owe us something if we were asking for compensation. Stating that the deals they offer should be more in tune with the current state of the game really isn't asking for anything extra.
  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 67
    I wouldn't hold my breath for Monday's deals. Anything other than generic AG's will be a failure in my books
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Ozzieont wrote: »
    tag08xxwd1v5.jpg

At least the April fool’s one had a 1000 five star shard crystal given to all players.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    I honestly don’t understand all the complaints.. I didn’t think what was offered was worth the price considering it’s easy to get most of the items on a weekly basis.. if anything we should be thanking kabam.. they saved people money today.. well for me that was the case anyway.. I suppose some of those complaining obtained the offer anyway
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    a 4s needs 8 T4BC for r5
    a 5s needs 6 T4BC for r3
    both needs "only" 3 T4CC
    then T4BC are always welcome :)
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Total laziness.
  • that made me sad for our community.. disappointing black friday :(
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam makes a choice to not manage expectations. What people have said here is historically true - Monday is where it's at.

You know what would save Kabam all the handwringing and crappy forum posts? Something that acknowledges in advance that Friday's offer will be for developing players, while Monday has an array of offers for all players.

I'm pretty sure that this was a great deal for me last year. I did tons of arena and had tons of units. I barely had any five stars, so t4b arena sucked. I wouldn't buy the units to buy the deal, but with them on hand, it was great. Now, I have thirty five-stars and can get two t4b from arena. This deal is no longer for me.

TLDR - Kabam could've avoided pissing people off by giving a roadmap for the weekend. That said, many just want to be pissed after the rank up gem stuff.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    TyEdge wrote: »
    Kabam makes a choice to not manage expectations. What people have said here is historically true - Monday is where it's at.

You know what would save Kabam all the handwringing and crappy forum posts? Something that acknowledges in advance that Friday's offer will be for developing players, while Monday has an array of offers for all players.

I'm pretty sure that this was a great deal for me last year. I did tons of arena and had tons of units. I barely had any five stars, so t4b arena sucked. I wouldn't buy the units to buy the deal, but with them on hand, it was great. Now, I have thirty five-stars and can get two t4b from arena. This deal is no longer for me.

TLDR - Kabam could've avoided pissing people off by giving a roadmap for the weekend. That said, many just want to be pissed after the rank up gem stuff.

I am afraid you are dismissing people when you say, “many just want to be pissed...”

I don’t want to be pissed, yet I am upset at the rank up debacle. I am not pissed at the Black Friday deal, I am genuinely let down on the discrepnecy in value in materials between Kabam and the Community.

It isn’t that people wake up wanting to be pissed or angry at Kabam... Kabam is just really good at making people pissed of due to lack of thoroughly testing material prior to releasing, only prioritizing patches that benefit players while taking time with issues that really plague players, and being out of touch of overall value.

Even if this deal was for developing players, the value is literally insane. If a developed player, like myself, sees very litttle to no value in the unit pricing (as we get this material so easy), it is worse for a new or developing player as it is taxing them even more which further creates a divide for them to even compete against mid-level players.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    It seems to me it would be in their best interest to offer good deals since it costs them nothing. I was ready to spend some money for something that would give me some value but this was awful. I was hoping at the very least they would be offering more t4cc. T4b is so easy to come by that it's no longer worth spending for it.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Samspade23 wrote: »
    It seems to me it would be in their best interest to offer good deals since it costs them nothing. I was ready to spend some money for something that would give me some value but this was awful. I was hoping at the very least they would be offering more t4cc. T4b is so easy to come by that it's no longer worth spending for it.

Save your money for Monday. :)

If you play long enough, there will come a time where you'll laugh at what you just wrote. Most end-game players have t4cc coming out their ears but can't get enough t4 basics. It may seem completely backwards now, but it's the truth.

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »
    ShinobiGuy wrote: »
    dn8a0r46jui6.png
    Was this actually the Black Friday deal? Wow.

It's an offer which happens to fall on Black Friday, not a Black Friday offer.

87edgne9h7i0.jpeg

😂

Bad. Always learning. :#

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Black Fridays was a garbage fire
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    So what was the black friday deal??? Was it the 4* basic catalyst deal???
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    doctorb wrote: »
    So what was the black friday deal??? Was it the 4* basic catalyst deal???

That’s what it was. A crappy offer.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    "Lower your expectations, and you'll never be disappointed" said someone smarter than me, sometime ago, about something completely different. And yet it seems so very appropriate.
  • Ploop_PlaapPloop_Plaap Posts: 141
    It’s the same offer they offered last year. I don’t know what else to say.

Who says it has to be better and better every year? That would be taxing.

Well the game expands every year, sure, this is a decent deal for low level players, but it sucks for end game players.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    ShinobiGuy wrote: »
    Greetings from Scandinavia!

For us Scandinavians the offers usually come at 6 or 7 pm.

And so they did. LOL
    Let's hope for better deals now on cyber monday, or I'll just have to stick to my new stance not to spend real money on this game.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    my fellow canadians
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Kil63 wrote: »
    TheVyrus wrote: »
    You all act as if this game's developers owe you something. They don't, an offer was made and if you don't like it don't buy it.

I get upset at things they do as a company too, but they do have the right to do what they want and you have the right to not play or make purchases.

We'd be acting like they owe us something if we were asking for compensation. Stating that the deals they offer should be more in tune with the current state of the game really isn't asking for anything extra.

I do believe we might feel it would be in their best interest to offer deals that keep us engaged, enjoying continuing playing the game.
    And, for us who have been playing for several years we might feel we have already invested a lot in the game, also real money in many cases. And we might feel they sort of owe us who spend or have spent real money retroactively. To keep us feeling it was money well spent in the long run, and not feel we spent it all in vain.