**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

There is still a gold problem in the game

Comments

• TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Smitty138 wrote: »
    I can not grind on one account and put all my focus on the other account and it wouldn't matter man... Still isn't enough... So it has nothing to do with it...

How can it have nothing to do with it? You play 2 accounts you have to accept that means you will gain resources and advance slower on both accounts compared to if you just had one.
    TwmR wrote: »
    Smitty138 wrote: »
    Uggghhh... Not gonna argue man... You don't get it... Has nothing to do with having two accounts or how much they've "generously" raised rewards from AQ... It's called inflation....

I wasn't saying they increased rewards from aq i said map 5 the gold you put in you near enough get back. They've increased gold rewards in aw and arena.
    How can you say it has nothing to do with 2 accounts if you spent the time you spend on your 2nd account in arena on your first account you probably wouldn't have a gold problem

That’s a valid point. A huge part of this game is resource management. Ultimately though, in higher tier AW, those that spend money will have a lot more gold. Just the way it is.

Of course those that spend will have more of everything.
    And yea you're right a lot of people don't realise the importance of proper resource management in this game and prefer to just complain
  • Smitty138Smitty138 Posts: 104
    edited November 2018
    Not true... My alt account is simply that an alt... All focus of arena and other gold obtaining events is on my main... Alt is primarily in and out for AQ and war so not much in time is contributed, but as I said it doesn't matter... It's simply not enough gold either way... So I grind my butt off on my main and throw my alt to the side, my main should still be broke at the end of the week??? Not seeing your reasoning and obviously you have no clue what running 2 accounts is like or you would know ppl focus more time on one or the other.. You think time is equally split between accounts or something?? One account is always going to take away from the other..
  • You simply don't understand man... I mean no offense at all, but you really need to think about your comments here.
    edited November 2018
    And to clarify.... This has nothing to do with advancement.. I've completed all end game content on my main and I'm not worried about completing all content on my alt. Like I said it's taken a complete backseat to my main, as it should. But it is about being able to stay relevant with the resources we are given, which at this time is not enough no matter how you slice it.
    I think you're the one who does'nt understand, even if all you're doing on your alt is aq and aw thats time you could be spending in arena on your main, i assume you spend your energy on your alt again could be spent in arena, time you take ranking champs sorting resources on your alt could be spent in arena, time you spend logging in and out of accounts could be spent in arena. Do you see a pattern here.
    If your alt account has a rating of 400k you have clearly put a lot of time into that account so i don't know how you can say that has not affected your main account
  • Dude.... This has never been an issue in the past... What I have I changed with my habits?? Nothing... What has Kabam changed??? Huge influx of champs given, with virtually the same amount of gold obtained... Hmmmmmm... All my ally members, friends, and other community members that run one account and focus 100% of their time on it must be lying about their gold shortage or secretly running another alt account according to you... No way they should be broke right??
  • So you are the one that doesn't understand that this isn't about an alt account. .
  • I'm not gonna humor Kabam sympathizers anymore... You're probably the same guy that claims the game runs flawlessly and it's just "in our heads".
  • HairyslugHairyslug Posts: 76
    Has the gold system even changed since the addition of 5 and 6 stars
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Jeez, man. Maybe you should take a break.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    First of all not everyone do arenas for gold bcoz arena is lame and time consuming. To be in a Good alliance and do aqs we have to donate (my alliance requires 150k gold each week to run map 6 and they are thinking of increasing it). Rankup costs are a joke now bcoz they are exactly the same as they were 2-3 years back. Also atleast bringing gold realm will do some good to this otherwise miserable game. Also ask yourself a question why add gold(more than a million) rewards in variant difficulty if endgame players are so much stacked on gold like people we have here having 71m gold reserve. Answer is simple enough there is a gold problem no doubt about that
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    First of all not everyone do arenas for gold bcoz arena is lame and time consuming. To be in a Good alliance and do aqs we have to donate (my alliance requires 150k gold each week to run map 6 and they are thinking of increasing it). Rankup costs are a joke now bcoz they are exactly the same as they were 2-3 years back. Also atleast bringing gold realm will do some good to this otherwise miserable game. Also ask yourself a question why add gold(more than a million) rewards in variant difficulty if endgame players are so much stacked on gold like people we have here having 71m gold reserve. Answer is simple enough there is a gold problem no doubt about that

They probably put a lot of gold in variant difficulty rewards because you get 8 5* rank up gems in the rewards so you will need gold to use them
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111
    Gold is not an issue.
    People having problem with that chose to have a problem with that
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    So I’m stingy with rank ups and always have been but in all honesty I really do think having gold being the barrier to rank up is a bad model. I would love to be able to rank up lesser champs for fun without going broke but with the gold economy the way it is that isn’t feasible as I constantly sit waiting to gain a 5* worthy of r4 as my t2a sit near or in overflow every other month.

I agree that there is always a barrier to ranking but catalysts not gold should be the barrier imo. I’d like to be able to rank some 4*s to play around with in event quests but if I do I’ll constantly find myself short in being able to rank my 5/6*. As a result I only have the luxury to rank god tier champs(typically 5* only) or in the cases where my cats are in overflow to not waste those resources.

Pretty restricting to have to play that way but I just give in and do it and don’t rank anyone I obtain other than level up fodder to push me through milestones when I do eventually pull and rank up a worthy champ.
  • HoliolioHoliolio Posts: 24
    I usually hover around 3 million gold. Sitting on a ton of ISO and nobody I want to rank up. I occasionally rank somebody up just so my ISO doesn't expire in my stash. Sometimes I just sell the ISO. I need more 5 star or maybe my first 6 star character.

By the way, I'm still uncollected 😢
    Still trying to save up units for heals and revives to take on the collector.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Hairyslug wrote: »

Yes. Since 5 & 6 star champions were added, they've added more arenas, moved all gold rewards to the first 3 milestones in each champion arena, reduced AQ costs, and added dungeons...all of these things have improved the state of gold in the game.

Dungeons don't take much time anymore. You can finish all the milestones in 20-30 minutes every 3 days. All the milestones would net 75,000 gold.

I laid out an explanation here for how to grind arena if your aim is gold (and not rank rewards). If you're going for gold, you can get nearly 290,000 gold from arenas each week with very minimal grinding, (30-60 minutes/day, can be broken up).

Sell all your gray iso and only use appropriate class iso to rank your champs. @BrianGrant did a great video on this not long ago showing how using iso efficiently can lead to huge benefits to your gold stash.

Finally, don't rank every champ you get. Having a few solid 4/55's and 5/65's right now is MUCH better than a huge array of 5/50's and 3/45's. Show a little restraint and do some roster planning and you'll find that gold isn't the issue people make it out to be.
    Hairyslug wrote: »

Yes. Since 5 & 6 star champions were added, they've added more arenas, moved all gold rewards to the first 3 milestones in each champion arena, reduced AQ costs, and added dungeons...all of these things have improved the state of gold in the game.

Dungeons don't take much time anymore. You can finish all the milestones in 20-30 minutes every 3 days. All the milestones would net 75,000 gold.

I laid out an explanation here for how to grind arena if your aim is gold (and not rank rewards). If you're going for gold, you can get nearly 290,000 gold from arenas each week with very minimal grinding, (30-60 minutes/day, can be broken up).

Sell all your gray iso and only use appropriate class iso to rank your champs. @BrianGrant did a great video on this not long ago showing how using iso efficiently can lead to huge benefits to your gold stash.

Finally, don't rank every champ you get. Having a few solid 4/55's and 5/65's right now is MUCH better than a huge array of 5/50's and 3/45's. Show a little restraint and do some roster planning and you'll find that gold isn't the issue people make it out to be.

This is so true, everyone claims they've done nothing to increase gold rate which is just a lie.
    To add to your list they've also reduced the cost per round to find a match in arenas and added aw skirmish rewards.

If people are struggling with gold so much sell iso each 4 or 5* dupe gets you 60k worth of iso.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I just want to hold enough iso in my inventory to rank a champ more than one level at a time... the stash limits are completely outdated for the state of the game.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    Gold problem solution=stop leveling up and ranking up every damn champ you get
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I usually sell all my basic iso. That helps a bit.
    edited November 2018
    What a great idea... Don't rank every champ you get, never thought of that.. 😂 I can't afford to rank one god tier champ that I would use daily, much less rank every champ I get. That's not even plausible... And like I've stated over and over, I'm very selective on rank ups.. So please tell me more about how to save gold by not ranking "every champ"...
    edited November 2018
    Who has the luxury of ranking every champ they get with the gold situation currently in the game anyway???
  • CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    Grind arena, period. I'm at 21M gold and can't spend it fast enough and I rank up everyone I can. And never let anything expire in the stash. Sell it.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    I just want to hold enough iso in my inventory to rank a champ more than one level at a time... the stash limits are completely outdated for the state of the game.

I think you mean your inventory limits. There are no quantity limits in your stash. My iso stash hovers around 2000 pieces of iso at any given time. I sell anything about to expire, use the rest whenever rank-ups are desired.

I do agree though, the actual process of leveling up a champ could use some streamlining. The smart select function helps a little, but could definitely be refined. The process can be tedious.
  • Thank you... I would rather hear someone say what you did than to say "quit ranking every champ you get" when I clearly can't afford to rank a champ I would love to use daily.... But you shouldn't have to grind your life away in arena everyday either.. @CoBfan1987
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    If you do not have an issue with gold, STFU and let people who are having issues plead their case. I guess you guys who don't have gold issues in the game all drive exotic sports cars in real life. And therefore, everyone should have exotic sports cars.
  • CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    If you do not have an issue with gold, STFU and let people who are having issues plead their case. I guess you guys who don't have gold issues in the game all drive exotic sports cars in real life. And therefore, everyone should have exotic sports cars.

That's a bit harsh. I was giving my input of what I do to maintain gold levels.

I think you're confusing gold with money if i could buy exotic sports cars with my gold i would definitely be short on gold