**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question About UC Mode

RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
I been reviewing videos and noticed that when UC was introduced and mons after there was always one lane being linked why others had orange nodes on top..but after the 2 mon Infinity Plot we had the UC has turned into many linked paths starting with 1 in 1.1 and ending up with 6 in 3.2.

I wanna know why the change all of a sudden. Not trying to bash anyone but UC seemed to have turn into Act 5 2.0....will we ever go back to the old format or is this what UC will be forever??? Its been bugging at me for a while and cant find out the answer lol.

Comments

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    What?
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    What?

Look up uncollected december 2017. In seatin video you can see each map only had 1 purple linked lane while others had orange nodes on them...now if you look at today's quest you will notice 1 linkless lane on every map with purple linked lanes increasing in each map.

Hoping i didnt confuse u lol
  • What?
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    You're not the only 1 who has been asking himself that. It used to be only one path with buffs/nodes in each chapter, but since a few months they've changed; more paths have buffs/nodes, there seems to be no pattern to it though.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Its becoming more difficult to keep up with expanding rosters as this is the top difficulty
    You're not the only 1 who has been asking himself that. It used to be only one path with buffs/nodes in each chapter, but since a few months they've changed; more paths have buffs/nodes, there seems to be no pattern to it though.

Ikr tho i did like old format and new format isnt really fun no more at all lol
    edited November 2018
    What?
    gatra_hp wrote: »
    what?
    sbdjdk wrote: »
    What?
    Huh?

December 2017 UC chapter 3
    eou2xvha346h.png

Today's UC chapter 3
    ogyql8jb84f7.png
    Notice the difference???
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Ahh... I see. That’s just the natural progression of the game. New nodes. More interesting and challenging fights.

It’s likely a result of people getting higher and higher ranked champs, so they wanted to beef up the quest a bit.

I find the un-noded fights rather boring. They’re good for an easy path initial clear, but they’re not that fun.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I believe most of the orange nodes used to be the same kind of nodes as act 5.3 basically forcing you to play at a class disadvantage or suffer 50% reduced attack. Now they have just made it so there are more unique nodes in each map instead of such a basic dull node
  • SuvenduSuvendu Posts: 177
    Ya its getting tougher and challenging.. If you cant keep up just dont play uc
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    They are trying to make it a challenge for those who have finished act 5 but unfortunately the nodes are just a weaker version of act 5. Aside from a few new boss node boosts it's not much more difficult than act 5.1 so most end game players are finding it just as boring. Probably the reason they released variant quest. The only difference between this and master is you can't auto fight it but its really not that difficult if you have mastered act 5 100%. If you haven't its good practice to get the skills for act 5
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Just make a new elder's bane difficulty. I'm uncollected and can't even get through 1st chapter this month. I'm exploring 5.1 instead.
    Suvendu wrote: »
    Ya its getting tougher and challenging.. If you cant keep up just dont play uc

Chapter 1 and 2 i always complete and try chapter 3 if i can pass 1 run tend to work on it if not i dont lol.

I am 4/11 on UC
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    I dont see the problem?? If its orange or Purple doesnt matter both are still nodes which gives the foe abilities or such. Theres no real difference.

There isn't. I think what they are doing is better as before, each node might have been different types of nodes individually vs now, each lane has its own node type. Makes it more consistent and probably easier on the programming side.