**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Season 6 starting date

2»

Comments

• BiancoBianco Posts: 24
    edited November 2018
    @Kabam Miike You wrote in announcement that you are not ready to add new global nodes because we don’t have time to test and adapt for them... So why you just simply can’t add them after season 5 AW? We will test them for all month without new season AW and the new season AW you launch in January after christmas and new year party. We wanna more break from season and spend the holidays and the new year with family and friends just without interesting about linked nodes in AW.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    So your solution to tanking is... reducing the break to 1 week? Truly brilliant
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »

I mean that’s one way to do it lol
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306

I mean that’s one way to do it lol

Another way would be to simply lock/freeze every alliance war rating at end of season 5 thus removing the incentive to tank. No more placing 5 Colossuses...

Oh wait, that’s too logical for Kabam...
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I'm happy to only have a 1 week break. The break between seasons 4 and 5 was entirely too long.

1 week reduces tanking and gets us to the next round of season rewards that much faster. I'm all for it.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    synergy247 wrote: »

Another way would be to simply lock/freeze every alliance war rating at end of season 5 thus removing the incentive to tank. No more placing 5 Colossuses...

Oh wait, that’s too logical for Kabam...

I'd go with shortsighted over logical. Players change alliances and/or form new alliances in the offseason. Freezing AW rating mostly favors the top 1% of alliances by allowing them keep their high tier war rating at the expense of a large % of players.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Just......sigh.....well there goes my new years eve, not to mention Christmas. Really don't know how I'm going to explain to my wife that I won't be joining her at our first Christmas dinner with our baby girl.

I'm almost certain you're joking. If not, put the bloody game down and be with your family. Lol.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Just......sigh.....well there goes my new years eve, not to mention Christmas. Really don't know how I'm going to explain to my wife that I won't be joining her at our first Christmas dinner with our baby girl.

Just take a break. It’s a game, bro
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    No xmas or ny?!
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Bc you had to spend 15min every few hours on your path?
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

I'm almost certain you're joking. If not, put the bloody game down and be with your family. Lol.

It was a poor attempt at a joke ;)

Nevertheless, I’m really glad I ain’t in a top tier alliance fighting for the best rewards. To even think to have to excuse myself every few hours during christmas or new years eve/day to do some fights in mcoc, is just not worth it imo ;)
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just updated that post to give some more clarity and included the date this time! https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108489/alliance-wars-season-6-global-buffs-and-date-corrected/

Im slowly starting to feel used as a wc closet with each new post lately. 1 week break only is by far a terribl choiche and will only burn us players more. I would think it's due to xmas approaching but a break of a week would have been a much better choiche from xmas to new year, with regular 3-4 week pause.

You are squeezing us a bit too much lately, and as alwais it seems there can't be a good new being just a good new without a following terrible idea or proposal popping out.

@Kabam Miike honeslty, AT LEAST make a week break from 24th dec to 2nd Jan, else this time around you gonna feel a TON of repercussions.

Honestly I took season 5 off, didn't feel like dealing with the Global node. Found I didn't miss it at all.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    So a lot of crazy/addicted players who wanna play 24/7/365 will leave their current ally if they want to take a ten days break. Nice one Kabam, this is a good strategy to have many allies dismantled and thousands of people angry. As always. ;)
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    2 weeks to 1 week..... i like 2 week break
  • you know @Kabam Miike we the players have put up with a lot of “sh** “ along the years! Nerfs among many shady shady moves that’s geared toward $$$ .... one week come on man I’m rebuilding and alliance and had a pretty rough ride this season which is ok but have many changes to make in the off season as well as all the holidays. I’m pretty disappointed that it isnt a bit longer. But that’s ok I’ll take the season off cause I’m not burning my players out and not asking them to sacrifice there time with there family’s. To who ever made that call at your company.... NO SOUP 4 YOU!!! Oh hey guys don’t even think of asking your buddy to pilot you y your at family functions either cause they’ll knock sparks out of your a** for that!!!

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    how long does a season last 2 weeks right
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just updated that post to give some more clarity and included the date this time! https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108489/alliance-wars-season-6-global-buffs-and-date-corrected/

Something I'm unclear on regarding the announcement. Because the new set of global buffs is not ready for season six, does that mean season six will launch with season five's global buffs, or season six will have no global buffs?

Sorry, could have been more clear there! There will be NO global buffs. No Bleed Immunity, no Amped Up.

Wasnt the point of those buffs to keep it interesting and so people had to adapt?

Now its theres no time to adapt let's go back to boring?

It means they looked at the data, didn't like the results, and are rethinking some aspect of it.

Like possibly a drop off in participation or people not buying pots to revive.

Because they make decisions on whether or not global nodes are ready to go based on potion sales...
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike please reconsider.

I ll try make some valid points towards this:

- end of season in a top 10 ally usually means a huge reorganization. People quitting, people taking a break, people moving onto lower ally to chill or people getting subbed for not being up for the level of play.

- what follows is a huge booty work of replacement, the higher the tier the harder is to find new people. You need to integrate their defenders, attackers and prestige.

- after that it follows a long and boring trial time in which you have to test new people out to see if thinbs can be on par with accounts. And over half of them arent, leading back to recruitment, filling defenders and attackers and prestige.

One week is nowhere nearly enough time. I could see one week as way to lower tanking and also to avoid people quitting or taking a break but let me be straight here who quits quits regardless.

Masters cant have allies goong crazy and fighting out on recruits aswell as in seasons. The tension would skyrocket and it would end up in a gia t mess.

If i may suggest, given upcoming holidays, why not freeze seasons while working kn global nodes and think about a 2-3 weeks war xmas event, with different challenges, good rewards, and entertaining wars till you re ready for new nodes and season?

That would undeniably give some breathe to people being spent or burned out from seasons, would keep ppl still interested in not taking a break, and also give you time to adjust.

All out 2* wars
    All out 3* wars
    1 man team in attack
    No potions bonuses
    No boosts bonuses

Make rewards different. Dont give prizes for playing normally, give em for playing the weirdest possible. People would laugh their booties on floor and have fun before going back to serious seasons. Take it as a “deadpool takes over wars” parody. Fixes holidays problems.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018

Well considering about 90% of all alies are locked into their tier by then end of week 3, many start tanking during seasons to prepare for the next.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced a 4 week season is twice as long as it should be. With that many wars, everyone basically ends up where they started. Look at 4loki last season. They lost like 5 of their first 6 and still ended up like Master 9 instead of Master 6. Make the seasons 2 weeks long and every win.loss actually matters. That would also let them throw any nodes they want and it won't matter as much as each individual season is much less important.

Also, we see alles get docked for cheating every season only to work their way back to where they started, losing literally nothing. 2 week seasons fixes that.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, to be honest, I'm not thrilled about the off season being cut in half. This is our time to make adjustments to our rosters, path assignments, defenders..etc. And in some cases membership changes. With only a week to prepare it's going to be stressful.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    They really should just freeze war rating during off season and activate new global buffs during off season so we can all try them out without stress. Kabam can still make adjustment for season 6 after collecting data.

I agree off season is crucial for replenishment, not use items if they so choose, trying new champions with new nodes, new placement. Not so much a time to tank with empty maps or play catch up by other alliances to get to the top or a different multiplier (almost always result in a winning or losing streak after season starts).

Seems to make more sense to me to have a longer off season to gather data than shorten it with a regular 0 global buff one. It's unfortunate I guess missed opportunity for kabam.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    One week off is horrible! I am an officer of a p2 alliance. When this was announced, we had 6 members tell us they are done with war and they want out of the ally. They are basically all free to play players and will not have enough time to restock on potions and boosts in one week. Why can't you guys think about your decisions and care about your player base? There are so many common sense mistakes you guys make time and time again. Does anyone over there that actually plays this game have a voice in these decisions? Because if you asked a Kabam employee who is free to play, that actually plays this game in a Platinum tier or higher, they will tell you, this is a horrible decision. My ally is ruined, I'm sure a ton more are ruined. At the end of every war season people quit. So now you give us ONE WEEK to replace and adapt? Just a horrible decision.

And KABAM, do you want to stop tanking? This is real simple and I can't find anyone else saying this. In the offseason, if you lose a war, YOUR RATING DOES NOT CHANGE! In the offseason, if you win a war, YOUR RATING GOES UP! So you can combat tanking but still allow rising allies the chance to advance in offseason. To me, this is common sense. I'll make another post about this so this doesn't get lost. This is the best answer to tanking.

I get it, you need to make money. Cyber Monday is coming in an hour and a half. I'm sure you will make a boatload of money. But don't kill the free to play players or the players that spend rarely, that's a large portion of your player base.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Season burnout at the top and the need to quickly replace members with top accounts/skill has allowed the scummiest among us to bring their alt accounts into unsuspecting master alliances to spy on defenses/matchmaking times for their main alliances.

The broken matchmaking and scoring systems encourage this behavior. A 1 week offseason will worsen the problem because post-season turnover is inevitable and the pressure to replace is real and you can only vet players so much in limited time.

TLDR; Matchmaking is broken. Scoring System is dumb. Shortening the offseason is shortsighted. Master bracket is a cesspool.