**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to break a curse

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
So I know a lot of people keep getting a junk 5* over and over again. Maybe it’s She-hulk, maybe it’s Iron Fist, maybe it’s someone worse.

My curse was 5* Jane foster. Got her 6 times in only a few months.

I managed to break the curse however. I’ve found that taking the champion to r2 and pouring at least 20-40 signature stones into them is enough to break the curse of the “Crystal-Geist” whoever that may be to you.

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Epsilon3 did you really give her sig stones?
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I would agree with this considering when the opposite is getting a new champ and you immediately rank them then wait eternity for a dupe
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★

A full 40! Haven’t gotten her as ANY STAR since
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    @Epsilon3

I don't want to be that guy, well I actually really like being that guy so. RNG is RNG ranking them up has nothing to do with it, glad you "Broke the curse" but it had nothing to do with ranking her up.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    @Epsilon3

I don't want to be that guy, well I actually really like being that guy so. RNG is RNG ranking them up has nothing to do with it, glad you "Broke the curse" but it had nothing to do with ranking her up.
    Not to be rude but that was a total waste of sig stones, ones that are hard to get
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

A full 40! Haven’t gotten her as ANY STAR since

dont say that or you'll create a whole new curse where you only get her in everything.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    @Epsilon3

psshhh what are you talking about! it had everything to do with that.
    Really? See when I focus on my 5* defenders. that’s when I pull AND dupe (hack to back) Medusa, Ice, Blade, Corv, Proxy, Hyperion… you name it.

This game is sadistic in a way. The more you neglect your top champs the more enticing they become until you so much as touch them and you get nothing for what feels like eons.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I don't think she's as bad as most people do. She has her uses. I don't think there's actually a connection to using Stones and pulling her, though. Lol. Look on the brightside. When she's Max Sig, twice the Shards. XD
    I don't think she's as bad as most people do. She has her uses. I don't think there's actually a connection to using Stones and pulling her, though. Lol. Look on the brightside. When she's Max Sig, twice the Shards. XD

No she’s pretty bad as an attacker. Better removal/preventative champs that all out damage/utility her in various aspects and that’s JUST in mystic class.

Voodoo, Ghost Rider, Magik, Hood, Supreme, and that’s jsut lazily listing the first few mystics that pop to mind… oh Morningstar!

Even stun chaining has better options like Hulk, Sparky, Gambit (wow never throught I’d say he’s better than anyone), Luke, and I’m probably missing someone, all our utility or damage her in the process except maybe Gambit but let’s be real outside cult followings Mutant is cutthroat. I also purposefully left out Ronan because believe me Cosmic class deserves its OWN tier list
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Just pray to Kabam Micheal and his AK as Seatin would say and problem solved 😂
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    When the game starts throwing me curveballs, I offer some rum to Jobu.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Epsilon3 I'm glad you exorcised your demons but somewhere in a parallel universe there is another Epsilon who also isn't currently pulling Jane Fosters and still has 40 mystic stones lol
  • Darkwolf1981Darkwolf1981 Posts: 37
    Start spending. It helps
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    looooooooooool hilarious
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    You've just been "lucky". There's no formula or method to get or not get champs. Also, you'll regret using those sig stones eventually.
    To all those saying I’ll regret using the stones or that I’ve been lucky to avoid her:

I don’t regret using a few stones and considering AA, Voodoo, Proxy, Hyperion, Venom, Angela, Void, Domino, Loki and a StarLord dupe have all graced my 5* roster with only Spdiergwen and KingGroot being “bad pulls” even though they’re still somewhat decent overall… that’s some luck
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    So I know a lot of people keep getting a junk 5* over and over again. Maybe it’s She-hulk, maybe it’s Iron Fist, maybe it’s someone worse.

My curse was 5* Jane foster. Got her 6 times in only a few months.

I managed to break the curse however. I’ve found that taking the champion to r2 and pouring at least 20-40 signature stones into them is enough to break the curse of the “Crystal-Geist” whoever that may be to you.

Forgot she was in the game.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    You can also break the curse of too many T4CC by ranking up trash so the RNG Gods do not see that you are over-flowing and give you another of the same class.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

No she’s pretty bad as an attacker. Better removal/preventative champs that all out damage/utility her in various aspects and that’s JUST in mystic class.

Voodoo, Ghost Rider, Magik, Hood, Supreme, and that’s jsut lazily listing the first few mystics that pop to mind… oh Morningstar!

Even stun chaining has better options like Hulk, Sparky, Gambit (wow never throught I’d say he’s better than anyone), Luke, and I’m probably missing someone, all our utility or damage her in the process except maybe Gambit but let’s be real outside cult followings Mutant is cutthroat. I also purposefully left out Ronan because believe me Cosmic class deserves its OWN tier list

See, I disagree. I've been using her since her release. I guess I've had enough time with her. Anywho, there's always some Champ that's better at something. If not, one will be added. Lol.
  • Epsilon3 wrote: »

I wouldn't say Thor JF is bad. There are indeed better champs out there, but that's not the same thing. Lots of champs have been superceded in many or most areas by newer champs. I'm thinking of champs like Elektra. But if JF is what you have, I think she's serviceable until something better comes along.

JF is perhaps a bad pull for someone who already has a relatively diverse roster. But any champ with significant stun and stagger is going to be useful in general. In fact, if my memory serves correctly one thing JF can do that Hood can't do is stack stagger, which means JF can double stagger Juggernaut's double unstoppable buff which Hood I don't think can do. Sure, CapIW can cut through unstoppable, but that's still interesting utility.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I wouldn't say Thor JF is bad. There are indeed better champs out there, but that's not the same thing. Lots of champs have been superceded in many or most areas by newer champs. I'm thinking of champs like Elektra. But if JF is what you have, I think she's serviceable until something better comes along.

JF is perhaps a bad pull for someone who already has a relatively diverse roster. But any champ with significant stun and stagger is going to be useful in general. In fact, if my memory serves correctly one thing JF can do that Hood can't do is stack stagger, which means JF can double stagger Juggernaut's double unstoppable buff which Hood I don't think can do. Sure, CapIW can cut through unstoppable, but that's still interesting utility.

she only place stagger by heavy .. this particular utility is useless specially in stun immun nodes / now the hood is a great champ he has a good stagger flow if they could remove the lock from 1 to 2 or 3 he'll be one of the best chammp in the game also his sp2 has great fate seals and power drain when duped great damage in sp3 etcc..

i do not think thor jf is weak too i always found she had some interesting abilities like her energy resistance and her stun with shock + guranted critical hits on stunned opennents if a summoner has md and khnow how to use her and fight aggrissevly she can work near perma stun