**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing The Uncollected Daily Crystal

Comments

• VicayneVicayne Posts: 25
    edited July 2017
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    I'm neither of the above
    All I had to do was hoard revives for the collector, boost up, and take those quests down. Excluding the collector and the magik on 5.2.4, it's mainly skill for all of 5.2. And you can skip the magik your first time through, too. Practice up, git gud, and have a crack at it. It might even be easier than you expect

Why are you making assumptions? I don't live on MCoC. I also don't have trouble with the quest difficulty per se as I haven't been into 5.2. If you read, I'm still in 5.1. My problem is running out of energy.

I don't have a problem being "gud," I have a problem with time and frivolous spending. My family and life takes precedent over any game, at any point and time. Maybe you and Kabam need to realize that.
  • SteelheadSteelhead Posts: 52
    Vicayne wrote: »
    I'm neither of the above
    All I had to do was hoard revives for the collector, boost up, and take those quests down. Excluding the collector and the magik on 5.2.4, it's mainly skill for all of 5.2. And you can skip the magik your first time through, too. Practice up, git gud, and have a crack at it. It might even be easier than you expect

Why are you making assumptions? I don't live on MCoC. I also don't have trouble with the quest difficulty per se as I haven't been into 5.2. If you read, I'm still in 5.1. My problem is running out of energy.

I don't have a problem being "gud," I have a problem with time and frivolous spending. My family and life takes precedent over any game, at any point and time. Maybe you and Kabam need to realize that.

I'm with you on this. I'm not complaining that it's unfair either. But I will say this...a lot of the people eligible for this didn't get there by being good. Or by being patient and taking it slow. They got there by spending money. Big money in some cases. When you live in your mom's basement and don't have real bills to pay or a family to support, you can do that.
    However, to those that truly deserve to be rewarded for pure skill, congratulations.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    I'm neither of the above

ok but that doesn't entitle you to the same rewards that people who do invest time are earning.

the bottom line is this uncollected crystal is a reward of completing 5.2.

it's the same as the completion reward for act 3 or act 4, or any other reward for that matter. if you want it, it's there for you to earn. if you don't want it bad enough then that's your own choice. why should you get something without working for it?
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    With all due respect, that is an extremely selfish perspective on the game. You're implying that if the game contains more content than you have the time to do, content more difficult than your skill level can achieve, or is more expensive to complete than you're willing to spend, and that content rewards the players that complete it, you see that as a penalty on you "yet again." The only way to get rid of those "penalties" is to redesign the game so that it does not reward any player who does more than you are willing and able to do.

If you don't want to spend money, and don't want to spend excessive time on the game, don't. Neither Act 5 nor the grandmaster favor rewards are time limited. Nothing that those players are ultimately getting is anything you won't be able to get eventually. In fact, the slower players eventually get everything easier. The only penalty you are getting hit with is not being among the first to get everything. If you want to be first, you will have to spend time or money or both. And frankly, that's more than fair. But if you don't need to be first, if you are willing to play at your own pace, eventually you'll get everything the fast players get for much less effort.

Look at how much easier it is to complete RoL today than when it first debuted. Look at how much easier Act 4 is than it was last year. Look at how much easier it is to get 4* and 5* shards than it used to be. Twice as many people get the featured and basic champ in the arena than used to. The monthly events give out far more rewards. We have calendars now just handing things out for free that used to be very difficult to earn. Nobody talks about the "T4B bottleneck" anymore. Over time, even 5.2 will get easier. Even the Collector will get easier, because champion rosters will keep getting stronger.

Time is on everyone's side. Nobody pays anything to get anything in this game. They pay to get those things faster. They pay to satisfy their own impatience, and nothing else. Kabam doesn't force you to spend money, and they don't even force you to spend time. They encourage you to do both, to keep up with the Joneses. But which Joneses you decide to try to keep up with is entirely your own choice.

No, my perspective is that Kabam has finally decided to change the daily login crystal and for reasons unbeknownst to me decides to tie into completion of chapter 5.2 completely alienating all veteran players to reward the "joneses" who had to be first and were willing to spend to do it.

God bless them. I don't want to take that away from them by any means. Stop insinuating such. If that's how they choose to spend their time and money, good for them.

I think Kabam is taking the lazy way out by tying this change into the Grandmaster's Favor. By all means, make it special. Give a perk to those that have earned. I don't give a rats little hairy behind if they want to do something for those that did it in a certain time frame. Skill shouldn't have anything to with this particular change.

I believe this is just another way that Kabam is lovingly spitting in the face of the playerbase that has supported them through all the boneheaded changes.
    Steelhead wrote: »
    I'm neither of the above

I'm with you on this. I'm not complaining that it's unfair either. But I will say this...a lot of the people eligible for this didn't get there by being good. Or by being patient and taking it slow. They got there by spending money. Big money in some cases. When you live in your mom's basement and don't have real bills to pay or a family to support, you can do that.
    However, to those that truly deserve to be rewarded for pure skill, congratulations.

this is a freemium game. there's no shame in spending money to advance faster. it's part of the business model. people routinely spend thousands of dollars on their hobbies and this is no different.
  • Spidey076 wrote: »
    I have a question will it stay forever and what if someone complete act5.2 after 2nd August means aftrr couple of weeks then will he still collect those crystal?

Yeap they said it's permanent (:
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    With all due respect, that is an extremely selfish perspective on the game. You're implying that if the game contains more content than you have the time to do, content more difficult than your skill level can achieve, or is more expensive to complete than you're willing to spend, and that content rewards the players that complete it, you see that as a penalty on you "yet again." The only way to get rid of those "penalties" is to redesign the game so that it does not reward any player who does more than you are willing and able to do.

If you don't want to spend money, and don't want to spend excessive time on the game, don't. Neither Act 5 nor the grandmaster favor rewards are time limited. Nothing that those players are ultimately getting is anything you won't be able to get eventually. In fact, the slower players eventually get everything easier. The only penalty you are getting hit with is not being among the first to get everything. If you want to be first, you will have to spend time or money or both. And frankly, that's more than fair. But if you don't need to be first, if you are willing to play at your own pace, eventually you'll get everything the fast players get for much less effort.

Look at how much easier it is to complete RoL today than when it first debuted. Look at how much easier Act 4 is than it was last year. Look at how much easier it is to get 4* and 5* shards than it used to be. Twice as many people get the featured and basic champ in the arena than used to. The monthly events give out far more rewards. We have calendars now just handing things out for free that used to be very difficult to earn. Nobody talks about the "T4B bottleneck" anymore. Over time, even 5.2 will get easier. Even the Collector will get easier, because champion rosters will keep getting stronger.

Time is on everyone's side. Nobody pays anything to get anything in this game. They pay to get those things faster. They pay to satisfy their own impatience, and nothing else. Kabam doesn't force you to spend money, and they don't even force you to spend time. They encourage you to do both, to keep up with the Joneses. But which Joneses you decide to try to keep up with is entirely your own choice.

No, my perspective is that Kabam has finally decided to change the daily login crystal and for reasons unbeknownst to me decides to tie into completion of chapter 5.2 completely alienating all veteran players to reward the "joneses" who had to be first and were willing to spend to do it.

God bless them. I don't want to take that away from them by any means. Stop insinuating such. If that's how they choose to spend their time and money, good for them.

I think Kabam is taking the lazy way out by tying this change into the Grandmaster's Favor. By all means, make it special. Give a perk to those that have earned. I don't give a rats little hairy behind if they want to do something for those that did it in a certain time frame. Skill shouldn't have anything to with this particular change.

I believe this is just another way that Kabam is lovingly spitting in the face of the playerbase that has supported them through all the boneheaded changes.

That's an interesting paraphrase, but it also doesn't contradict anything I said about your perspective.
  • derplyon7861derplyon7861 Posts: 15
    and let the great white whale milking begin I think it's sad how kabam only helps out it top tier players who spend a lot of money but who cares about the player who can't afford to spend money who are are stuck because it is hard to progress without spending money good job kabam as a YouTube this is why I do not play your game in streams nor make videos of it I'm a in the closet player which is sad
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    As a 2.5 year vet, I think this is garbage. Why do you need to tie-in requested changes to completion of a money sink? Just because the Grandmaster is taking over!

I barely have time to finish all the other stuff in the game between AQ, AW, new monthly quests, occasional challenge quests, etc. I'm half-way through 5.1 and I get penalized yet again because I'm either 1) not a spender or 2) don't dedicate my life to this game.

Guess I'll keep selling all those crappy 1 stars I haven't needed since December of 2014. Thanks again Kabam :(

I spent have spent zero dollars on act 5. Used units I saved for exploration of 5.2 but no units for completion. You don't have to finish exploring 5.1 to do a completion run on 5.2. You can get the rewards without 1) being a spender or 2) dedicating your life to the game. @Vicayne they are offering you better daily rewards than you've had for 2.5 years at whatever point you complete one run in 5.2 and you think you are being penalized? LOL can't please everyone I guess.
    and let the great white whale milking begin I think it's sad how kabam only helps out it top tier players who spend a lot of money but who cares about the player who can't afford to spend money who are are stuck because it is hard to progress without spending money good job kabam as a YouTube this is why I do not play your game in streams nor make videos of it I'm a in the closet player which is sad

you're totally right.

adding the crystal shard system, adding 3 separate schedules of free rewards just for logging in, adding auto fight, separating the arenas and doubling the prize pool, that's all for people who pay for stuff. you can't get any of that for free.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017

Don't know where to begin... Milking the whales is an expression that refers to Kabam doing things to get the big spenders to spend. This new crystal doesn't really qualify. The White Whale is Moby **** and has nothing to do with the whales you are talking about. Many players who will get these rewards have spent no money on the game. You can get them even being sad in your closet if you play the game. Kabam is improving the garbage daily crystals for everyone in the game who progresses to the point where they can beat the Collector one time, and all people can do is complain.
  • LordSneezeLordSneeze Posts: 10
    I have nothing against this update and players who have beat the collector getting this. What needs to be done though is an update on the original daily crystal to be inline with the current game.

Even a small change like removing 1 Stars and adding T3 Fragments Basic & Class. Even T2 Basic would be more suited to the current game.

1 Stars are completely obsolete after the first few days playing.

• A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    *cue the complainers*
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    *cue the complainers*

You're late to the party!

Also...someone flagged you :D.
  • I don't know what the definition of a vet here is, but I've been I've been playing over 2 years and only have 1 5-star and just got that. I can't even finish chapter 4 and at this rate it'll be another couple of years before I get these crystals so this news is useless to me. Not trying to hate on the one's that this affect. It's kinda frustrating playing just about everyday for over 2 years and no reward.
  • Interesante la información
  • RocketXXRocketXX Posts: 1
    Although I'm only in act 2, I'm happy that there is better than the rewards for completing 5.2. TBH I think you guys are doing all the vets a huge favour
  • Genial vamos buscando los personajes de ifinity wark
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    If you think it's not fair, go complete the content. Problem solved.
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    About time! This is a step forward in the right direction. Good stuff, @Kabam Miike
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    I don't know what the definition of a vet here is, but I've been I've been playing over 2 years and only have 1 5-star and just got that. I can't even finish chapter 4 and at this rate it'll be another couple of years before I get these crystals so this news is useless to me. Not trying to hate on the one's that this affect. It's kinda frustrating playing just about everyday for over 2 years and no reward.

If you've been playing everyday for 2 years and only have 1 5* champ then you are doing something wrong

You aren't spending enough time
    You aren't in a good alliance that will pull you through and help you to improve
    You aren't spending any money

You only need to do 2 of those to succeed
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

New daily crystals AND one less person making you tube videos about the game? Double bonus!
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    As someone who admittedly complained a lot about 5.2 rewards when they were announced, this is great news. I will now be eating my crow. Can I get some Bbq sauce with that? Seriously though, it's refreshing to see a new reward like this that is truly worth earning. Good job Kabam.
    edited July 2017
    I spent have spent zero dollars on act 5. Used units I saved for exploration of 5.2 but no units for completion. You don't have to finish exploring 5.1 to do a completion run on 5.2. You can get the rewards without 1) being a spender or 2) dedicating your life to the game. @Vicayne they are offering you better daily rewards than you've had for 2.5 years at whatever point you complete one run in 5.2 and you think you are being penalized? LOL can't please everyone I guess.

Ok, I'll get right on forgoing completion of Master Spider-Man quests and the challenge events which are timed. Guess I'll have to tell my wife and kids that they don't matter until I complete these events because a game has to have precedent over real life and the decisions I have made up to this point to accommodate my life and an enjoyment that's suppose to be a break from real life.

I also have been saving units, but broke the break on an attempt at the new Spider-Man arena only to fall a million short. Not only heart wrenching, but now have to start saving again. Man, it must be so easy giving advice when you act as if these things haven't already been considered :/
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    It would be really nice to see a change to the solo event crystals. There is no point in opening them if you are a veteran
  • JFern24JFern24 Posts: 1
    What about a xxhr crystal with rewards based on your team rating.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    It would be really nice to see a change to the solo event crystals. There is no point in opening them if you are a veteran
    Been playing over two years and have reached a rating of 250k and am lv60 I must say that I don't completely hate the solo crystals. I mean, it isn't particularly useful, but the 3* signature stones to invest on the new 3* we get every other week, 4* signature stones for the 4* we pull almost two - three times a week. The boosts which help you reach your arena goal that little bit faster. Seems good enough to me

The game is free to be played at whatever pace you are at. If you have other obligations, that's how life works. It's not mandatory to complete 5.2. It's also not going anywhere. The difficulty is such that it warrants the Favor. That's how the game is designed. Some Rewards are given freely. The majority have to be earned. Storymode isn't going anywhere. If the time comes that you can complete it, great. If you choose not to, or you are unable to because of other obligations, that's fine as well. You don't have much leeway in complaining that people are given a Reward for the effort they put in. They're earning it.

Great! I'm all for that!

As a 330k player of 2.5 years in a 10 million rated alliance, I understand the perks and benefits of the hard work and dedication that comes with the effort and skill put into the game. I'll also be grateful for the Grandmaster's Favor when I finally do get around to completing chapter 5.2. However, the reward shouldn't be the change in the daily crystal. I can't say what it should be, but changes to the daily login crystal at this stage of the game should be for everyone.

Heck, do it like @Amonthir mentioned.
    Amonthir wrote: »
    I would not mind seeing the Daily Crystal upgraded at certain points in a Summoner's career, such as the Completion of Act 3, Act 4, etc. Having it upgrade at 5.2 is a bit off though, but I am sure they could make it work somehow =P And after enough time in the game, you can beat Collector without spending a single unit. It's all about working solo events, farming RoL, and other methods of building up a collection (heh) of potions and revives.

These changes have been clamored for for months now and Kabam pulls a fast one and everyone eats it up.