**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hyperion HAX

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
Laugh it up “Big-K”! Your champion is beyond unfair and YOU KNOW IT!!! You give it the dumbest AI that REFUSES to be baited no matter what and make it stun immune to make the few options we have that mush less effective as you KNOW there’s no safe way to intercept him!

Oh and I’m referring to you sadistic torture machine HYPERION

Comments

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    I went up against hypy with my own r5 5* hypy, and the jerk stood there, arms crossed and AoN'd me.

Fun fact, a r5 5* hypy can eat a sp3 from the final path hypy on part 4 of the lightweight challenge.

But not two. Which is what happened because that jerk would not bait.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Well that sucks for you that you hit the wrong side of the rngesus of baiting, I found him to be 1 of the easiest opponents in the challenge (Magik sp2 ftw), but I did get more lucky with the baiting rng (build him up to sp2, since that’s the 1 that’s unblockable, so he’ll more likely use that sp).
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Dormammu, Vision(s), Magik and Ice-Man seem to be some of the most reliable counters for Hyperion. though if you want to use the minimal amount of revives/potions, Ice-Man is probably out of the question since he'll eventually get low in health maybe in 2 or 3 fights considering they are long

Hawkeye, Sparky, Luke Cage are some counters people use for Hypy but they're out of the question because of the +50% power gain and the stun immunity node, making them more unreliable to use.
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    Alpha07 wrote: »
    Dormammu, Vision(s), Magik and Ice-Man seem to be some of the most reliable counters for Hyperion. though if you want to use the minimal amount of revives/potions, Ice-Man is probably out of the question since he'll eventually get low in health maybe in 2 or 3 fights considering they are long

Hawkeye, Sparky, Luke Cage are some counters people use for Hypy but they're out of the question because of the +50% power gain and the stun immunity node, making them more unreliable to use.

I used Hawkeye R4 5* and I beat Hyperion on every path (6x) only using one revive. I guess you can say I got lucky baiting his specials... but there's ways to use Hawkeye to make the opponent pretty much never get to their special 3. The one time I actually got KO'd is because I got clipped by his L2 lol.

I wish I can post a video here to show you guys but for some reason the "file format is not allowed"...
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited November 2018
    ^ That's interesting, maybe should I be more aggressive and getting close to another bar of power before using the sp1. though the second thing it's already hard to me because of Hype's crazy power gain
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    edited November 2018
    Alpha07 wrote: »
    ^ That's interesting, maybe should I be more aggressive and getting close to another bar of power before using the sp1. though the second thing it's already hard to me because of Hype's crazy power gain

Basically in short...
    - I try to use the sp1 right before filling my second bar of power (so that i can have another sp1 ready shortly incase he decides to be an a***ole)
    - As soon as he fills 2 bars (or is close to filling 2 bars) I try and sense if he will bait or be difficult... if I get the feeling he will be difficult, I hold block and force him to use a heavy attack - then i counter with a combo and sp1 him in the face :)
    - Constantly try and bait his specials... usually i try and think of baiting once he reaches one and a half bars of power... (like i said in previous point... if i sense he is not biting, i hold block and he eventually throws a heavy pretty quickly... allowing me to land my combo and reach my special one)
    - Obviously sometimes you have no choice but to use the sp1 right away cuz he's being difficult... just be patient, focus on your baiting strategy.

@Alpha07 hope this helps :)
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    ogHulk/Void/BW/Thor Ragn/Heimdall.
    You have first indestructible Hulk at -20% +1 bar of power and second indestructible (Heimdall) at 1%. You can imagine a max sig level hulk at 1% health...HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!! Puny Hype
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    ogHulk/Void/BW/Thor Ragn/Heimdall.
    You have first indestructible Hulk at -20% +1 bar of power and second indestructible (Heimdall) at 1%. You can imagine a max sig level hulk at 1% health...HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!! Puny Hype

DO YOU WANT TO GIVE ME ANY OF THAT? Specifically Ragnarok, Void and Hiemdall? I like your style but if my luck was good enough for even a fraction of the counter strategies I can think of I wouldn’t be anywhere near as salty about getting 5* Hawkeye from this event’s 5* crystal. But it’s also part of a larger issue where he’ll literally just stand there some fights
    You just need the ogHulk as 5* . Thor Ragn 4* and the others can even be 3*
    If you get KOed, you just us a lev 1 revive. He will come in fight with indest/1 bar and Hulk smash.
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 86
    You just need the ogHulk as 5* . Thor Ragn 4* and the others can even be 3*
    If you get KOed, you just us a lev 1 revive. He will come in fight with indest/1 bar and Hulk smash.

Then how about other opponents?
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Exactly. Not exactly viable when Magik and Iceman got you DOA with a load out like that
    edited November 2018
    You can do all with Hulk. Magik is class disadvantage and you can dash back with Hulk to get 15% health back (Heimdall/Thor synergy). So, if you do that in each combat, you can go far before using a revive.
    And BW synergy gives you 25% chances of stunning on sp, so, double stun.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    You can do all with Hulk. Magik is class disadvantage and you can dash back with Hulk to get 15% health back (Heimdall/Thor synergy). So, if you do that in each combat, you can go far before using a revive.
    And BW synergy gives you 25% chances of stunning on sp, so, double stun.

magik has class advantage to hype
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    My Void ate through all 6 of them. All about knowing Hyperions moves.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Laugh it up “Big-K”! Your champion is beyond unfair and YOU KNOW IT!!! You give it the dumbest AI that REFUSES to be baited no matter what and make it stun immune to make the few options we have that mush less effective as you KNOW there’s no safe way to intercept him!

Oh and I’m referring to you sadistic torture machine HYPERION

higher end content are made for those who have the highest ranks up in the game it means peoples who have 5 r5 5* + it'll make you spend loads depending on your level just live with it and spend i'm not sayiing you are weak or something it's just how this and the ultron quest are made it's for high end players

you post reffering to hyperion as a sadist torture machine was hilarious tough was lmfao when i readed it cheers mate .. go get those rewards
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    Might aswell of put him on an all or nothing node for this nonsense
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    use mephisto
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    My Void ate through all 6 of them. All about knowing Hyperions moves.

Same here. Void tore through all 6 Hyperions in the final difficulty with no issue. Once you got at least 1 petrify debuff, the fight is very manageable. Once you get 2, it's a cakewalk.

It's true that Hyperion sometimes gets stingy with his specials, but that wasn't my experience with this challenge. My best advice is when you want to bait his specials, get as close to him as possible and drop your block. Give yourself plenty of time. If he's anywhere near 2 bars of power, stop attacking him and focus all your efforts on getting close to him and get ready to evade.

Good luck!

• sd__whitesd__white Posts: 182
    edited November 2018
    I HATE HYPERION!!!

Every time I fight him, he literally just sits there — and gains power? Kabam really messed up with him, you reward with POWER GAIN an start him off with his COSMIC CHARGES for not doing anything? 🤨

N E R F
  • MaatttyyMaatttyy Posts: 77
    hyperion was definitely the hardest champ to fight. magik and mystic dispersion took care of him fairly easily though. I thought the level of difficulty for this event was spot on. Great rewards too!
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Maatttyy wrote: »
    hyperion was definitely the hardest champ to fight. magik and mystic dispersion took care of him fairly easily though. I thought the level of difficulty for this event was spot on. Great rewards too!

Magik was the one that cost me the most items...but my Blade is unduped so the Limbo was bound to get me eventually.

But I agree, great difficulty, great rewards.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    edited November 2018
    How in the world are you losing to hyperion with magik(the best option for him)?
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Hyperion slap me around with one shot lv 3s made me give up on finishing chapter
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    he's not that bad