**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champion Improvement Suggestions [edited by Mod for clarity]

Comments

• BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    Thanks for the feedback. I hear what you're saying, I'd suggest that you/we don't get too worried about exact numbers. For me (like @Whododo872), the numbers I'm coming up with are entirely hypothetical and negotiable. We should focus on the broad brush-strokes of the design, rather than getting bogged down in the minutiae. We're just hobbyists here, not game designers - this is just a Suggestion Thread!
    Ummm... I actually am a game designer.

Not for MCOC, obviously, but for tabletop RPGs.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Bodhizen wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. I hear what you're saying, I'd suggest that you/we don't get too worried about exact numbers. For me (like @Whododo872), the numbers I'm coming up with are entirely hypothetical and negotiable. We should focus on the broad brush-strokes of the design, rather than getting bogged down in the minutiae. We're just hobbyists here, not game designers - this is just a Suggestion Thread!

Awesome! No wonder you know your stuff so much!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

Genuine LOL moment!

No worries, mate. That would explain your slightly more sophisticated perspective!

Genuine LOL moment!

No worries, mate. That would explain your slightly more sophisticated perspective!

Possibly! :smile:

But, I think that if we design for function and concept, Kabam is a lot more likely to look at what we're doing here in this thread and say, "Hrmmm... Y'know what? They're right. These Champions could use a rework. Maybe we should dedicate a few people to work on this." If we're just doing a, "Wouldn't it be great if...", I think it's less likely to see traction.

Best wishes!
  • NairvehlNairvehl Posts: 111
    Champion Redesign: Superior Iron Man (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    5870047-2115725520-Super.jpg

Marvel Contest of Champions has included Superior Iron Man, but there's nothing superior about their version of this hero. He's a cosmic carbon-copy of the original Iron Man, from his Special Attacks to his abilities. While I might take a shot at reworking the original Iron Man, I feel that Superior Iron Man deserves some special attention first. He's an interesting character, who spent quite a bit of his time in the comics as a villainous figure. I'd like to incorporate elements of that time and his suit's powers into this build.

VISUALS
    I think that Superior Iron Man should show Tony Stark's face. No other Iron Man suit does this in the game, and when using his Superior Iron Man armor in the comics, Tony's face can be seen quite a bit. His eyes should glow blue like the lights in his suit. Additionally, whenever Superior Iron Man activates an attack, his eyes (and the lights in his suit) should turn red for the duration of the Special Attack. (This happens in the comics.)

Signature Ability - Endo-Sym Armor (Passive): Superior Iron Man's Endo-Sym Armor is not a real, living symbiote, but a synthetic one. It has no intelligence of its own, but it does have a few surprising qualities!

Superior Iron Man starts each fight with his 5 Endo-Sym Armor charges. One Endo-Sym Armor charge is removed each time his opponent lands a successful attack. Dashing Back and holding Block restores one Endo-Sym Armor charge each 0.80 second(s) he isn't attacked. (max stacks: 5)

Endo-Sym Armor charges grant the following benefits:
    • Graphene Shielding provides reduces Bleed damage and duration by 20% per Endo-Sym Armor charge.
    • 449.38 Physical Resistance per Endo-Sym Armor charge.
    • 7% Special Attack Resistance per Endo-Sym Armor charge.
    • 268.5 increased Critical Damage Rating per Endo-Sym Armor charge.
    • 80 Block Penetration per Endo-Sym Armor charge.
    • +3% Ability Accuracy per Endo-Sym Armor charge.

ABILITIES
    Energy Absorption (Passive): Superior Iron Man's armor is extremely resistant to electricity, granting him +3500 Energy Resistance at all times against electrical attacks, including Shock, Static Shock, and electrical-based Special Attacks.
    Incorporated Taser (Passive): Tony Stark's Endo-Sym Armor comes equipped with a taser that can be used for sustained electrical impulses on command instead of short bursts. Heavy Attacks have a 33% to inflict a Shock Debuff that causes 415 Energy Damage over 4.0 seconds. (max stacks: 1) This Shock Debuff will reapply itself as long as Superior Iron Man keeps touching the opponent.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    7. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine

I like everything here, but I'm a bit confused about his Incorporated Taser (passive).
    Is this a part of his base kit? If so, how will he gain Endo-Sym charges? From what I can tell, only the signature ability has the option of utilizing this mechanic.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I hate to say this but The Champion needs one. Or some sort of tweak. Terrible as an attacker and didn't get kills on defense either. Perhaps upgrade his healblock/petrify/fate seal immunity to applying all the time, not just on the boss node, or maybe extend his boss node powers to mini-boss nodes as well.

In his current state, he's an easy solo on every single node in war. Huge letdown for a guy geared to be the toughest defender than only 1 champion out there (the first one!) can stand a chance against him.
    GAMORA

ypxie4hmohfe.png

In the Marvel Universe, Gamora is often called the deadliest woman in the universe; but in MCOC she's far from it. She's not bad - just outdated. Her one-shot Sig ability doesn't see her through tougher fights; especially with more champions coming through with Critical Resistance. A few tweaks to her design should be sufficient...

All Attacks:
    Gamora is always planning how to kill you. 10% chance for Cruelty, raising critical damage by 1500 for seven seconds.
    - This ability is unchanged.

Critical Hits
    Gamora is trained to take down the most dangerous of opponents by finding their vulnerable points. Critical hits have a 33% chance to inflict a 10% weakness debuff. This chance rises by up to 20% in the largest opponents. These last for seven seconds, and can stack up to three times. No effect on robots.
    - This ability is to mirror her skills at fighting supposedly stronger opponents in comics; using nerve-strikes to cripple them.

Counter Tactics:
    Each time Gamora is parried in a fight, she passively reduces her opponent's Parry ability accuracy by 15%.
    - Gamora is a skilled and adaptable warrior - she isn't just to going to let you parry her again and again.

Special attacks:

SP1: 100% Critical Chance. 80% chance to inflict Bleed.
    - marginal reduction in bleed frequency; to balance more bleeds from the SP2.

SP2: 100% Critical Chance. 70% chance to inflict each of two stacks of bleed.
    - chance for bleed reduced a little further, but can now inflict a stack with each swing. Damage per Bleed effect unchanged.

SP3: 75% chance to inflict Shock
    - That blaster ought to do something! I'd suggest a Shock debuff causing damage at least on a par with her Bleed damage; otherwise, really, what's the point? It's a Special-3, and she can't get a critical or an Assassination attempt, after all.

Signature:
    Gamora constantly seeks out the perfect spot for a killing blow. She has up to 40%* chance to inflict massive critical damage (+500%) with special attacks 1&2. Gamora looks constantly for weak spots. Every ten seconds after it is activated, she has up to a 20%* chance to refresh this ability.
    *scales with Sig.
    - slight reduction in likelihood and overall damage multiplier is reduced from +700% to +500%; but now Gamora has the chance to refresh her Assassination ability. On average, and with a high Sig, it will usually take 30-40 seconds to refresh; but RNG could be kind. Is ten seconds too short? Could be 15. Or even 20, but remember it's only a chance to refresh; nothing is guaranteed.

Any opponent struck with an Assassination blow has a 90% chance to suffer a Wounded debuff, reducing their Attack, Critical damage and Tenacity by 20% for ten seconds.
    - If you're lucky enough to survive an Assassination attempt, there should be some kind of debuff whilst you recover. This didn't seem overpowered; but could be adjusted easily enough.

This rework should give Gamora a moderately (but not excessively) higher damage potential, and at least some tricks to boost her utility and damage against bleed-immune opponents. In longer fights, her ability to develop near-immunity to Parry, inflict repeated Assassinations and weaken the event with Weakness and Wounded debuffs will give her significantly more threat and sustainability; where currently she's a one-trick pony. Without a high Sig, it will still be unusual to have more than 1-2 Assassination effects per fight, so with the Damage multiplier reduced a little, she shouldn't be too overpowered compared with her current self.
    edited November 2018
    Nairvehl wrote: »
    Champion Redesign: Superior Iron Man (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)

Marvel Contest of Champions has included Superior Iron Man, but there's nothing superior about their version of this hero. He's a cosmic carbon-copy of the original Iron Man, from his Special Attacks to his abilities. While I might take a shot at reworking the original Iron Man, I feel that Superior Iron Man deserves some special attention first. He's an interesting character, who spent quite a bit of his time in the comics as a villainous figure. I'd like to incorporate elements of that time and his suit's powers into this build.

VISUALS
    I think that Superior Iron Man should show Tony Stark's face. No other Iron Man suit does this in the game, and when using his Superior Iron Man armor in the comics, Tony's face can be seen quite a bit. His eyes should glow blue like the lights in his suit. Additionally, whenever Superior Iron Man activates an attack, his eyes (and the lights in his suit) should turn red for the duration of the Special Attack. (This happens in the comics.)

Signature Ability - Endo-Sym Armor (Passive): Superior Iron Man's Endo-Sym Armor is not a real, living symbiote, but a synthetic one. It has no intelligence of its own, but it does have a few surprising qualities!

Superior Iron Man starts each fight with his 5 Endo-Sym Armor charges. One Endo-Sym Armor charge is removed each time his opponent lands a successful attack. Dashing Back and holding Block restores one Endo-Sym Armor charge each 0.80 second(s) he isn't attacked. (max stacks: 5)

• Graphene Shielding provides reduces Bleed damage and duration by 20% per Endo-Sym Armor charge.

ABILITIES
    Energy Absorption (Passive): Superior Iron Man's armor is extremely resistant to electricity, granting him +3500 Energy Resistance at all times against electrical attacks, including Shock, Static Shock, and electrical-based Special Attacks.
    Incorporated Taser (Passive): Tony Stark's Endo-Sym Armor comes equipped with a taser that can be used for sustained electrical impulses on command instead of short bursts. Heavy Attacks have a 33% to inflict a Shock Debuff that causes 415 Energy Damage over 4.0 seconds. (max stacks: 1) This Shock Debuff will reapply itself as long as Superior Iron Man keeps touching the opponent.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine

I like everything here, but I'm a bit confused about his Incorporated Taser (passive).
    Is this a part of his base kit? If so, how will he gain Endo-Sym charges? From what I can tell, only the signature ability has the option of utilizing this mechanic.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s a wording issue and nothing more.
  • NairvehlNairvehl Posts: 111
    Whododo872 wrote: »

VISUALS

ABILITIES

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s a wording issue and nothing more.

No, you're right. I looked back at it. But for clarity, he could state that without the sig ability, he can gain one charge for every heavy attack or every 10 hits.

ABILITIES

The taser is a part of the Superior Iron Man suit (in the comics), so that's where it comes in from. It just adds in the Shock Debuff on a Heavy Attack. The Endo-Sym Armor is what the Superior Iron Man armor is actually called. I apologize for any confusion there.

Best wishes!

• A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★

VISUALS

ABILITIES

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special 1 - Rocket Punch: Superior Iron Man activates the rockets behind his elbows to supercharge four substantial punches! (Visual: Tony Stark punches the opponent in the gut, then makes two quick jabs to the face, and then while his opponent is reeling, a heavy hit that knocks the opponent to the ground!)
    • This Attack receives 1351.41 additional Critical Rating.
    • 100% chance to break the target's Armor and apply 1111.44 Armor Rating reduction for 6.0 seconds.
    Special 2 - Rapid Fire: Superior Iron Man uses the Repulsor Rays in his hands to fire six quick bursts at his opponent!
    • This attack deals Energy Damage instead of Physical.
    • 100% chance to inflict Weakness, reducing the opponent's Attack by 45% for 12 seconds.
    • 85% to inflict a Disorientation Debuff, reducing the opponent's Block Proficiency by 35% for 8.5 seconds.
    Special 3 - Busting Out: As more forming compound flows onto the Superior Iron Man armor, he grows to Hulkbuster-like proportions, intimidating his opponent. Then he unleashes with a barrage of punches and kicks that pummel his opponent into the ground!
    • 100% chance to break the target's Armor and apply 1985.65 Armor Rating reduction for 6.0 seconds.
    • 100% chance to instantly electrify the target, inflicting a Shock Passive that deals 2590 Energy damage over 6.0 seconds.

SYNERGIES
    • Enemies with Captain America or Captain America (WWII): All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Rivals with Daredevil (Classic) or Daredevil (Netflix): All Champions gain +155 Critical Damage Rating.
    • Teammates with Thor or Thor (Ragnarok): All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Inverted Moral Compass with Red Skull: Superior Iron Man: Counts as a Villain Champion. Well-Timed Blocks inflict 3% of Superior Iron Man's Attack back against the attacker as Direct Damage. Red Skull: Counts as a Hero Champion. Special Attacks have a +1% chance to Power Lock opponents for 5.0 seconds per Buff on Red Skull. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Symbiosis with Venom, Carnage, Agent Venom, Venompool or Spider-Man (Symbiote): Superior Iron Man counts as a Symbiote Champion. All Symbiote Champions gain +155 Critical Resistance. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine

For the visuals on his L3 his armor should turn red like it does it the comics.
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    For the visuals on his L3 his armor should turn red like it does it the comics.

That's actually in the Visuals section.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    My bad
  • jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    edited December 2018
    MAGNETOS:

I've seen a lot of people requesting / complaining about Magneto recently, so I came up with some buff ideas to change his gameplay / ability set. I posted this comment in a General thread, but figured it might get some better traction from the game team here:
    I think a really cool buff for Magneto could be Push Back.

He already reduces ability accuracy for metal opponents, but I think he could do something cooler. I think he should have a % chance to simply push back anyone attacking him. So if Wolverine were to dash at him, Magneto would have a % chance to simply push Wolverine back. It's like Quake's evade, but instead of you moving away, it's them. %s could be based on the kind of attack: heavy, medium, light.

There's also no reason his block doesn't look like this:
    0sjeqgwjy5kp.jpg

Another potential buff in place of (or in addition to) what I've already suggested: Draw In. Holding block (with that comics-accurate energy shield) draws in a metallic opponent. They slide closer and closer toward Magneto, and if they touch his shield, are knocked back with an energy damage. But you can't just hold block endlessly, trapping your opponent in a corner and constantly drawing them in to shock them. Every time you connect and deal a shock, there must be a punishment.

Severe power drain? Lose a percentage of health? Disable all blocking / parry abilities for a duration of time? These are options. This would ensure you don't abuse the block-draw-damage mechanic, and maybe even only use it as a last ditch effort to finish someone off.

The only thing I can't figure out is how the opponent would get away. They shouldn't be rendered useless during this draw-in ability, so maybe it's changed somehow to .... I dunno ... if you hold block for 5 seconds, there's a % chance you trigger the magnetic shield from the image, your metallic opponent flies into your shield, gets their energy damage, is knocked backed, and you carry on, punishment included. This means you can still block per normal, but there's an ADDITIONAL layer to the blocking to turn it into an attack. VERY useful for nodes where the champs are particularly defensive. And, like Gambit and his charges, if you attack a blocking Magneto during this 5 second countdown, the clock is reset, meaning you don't have to just sit there and wait for the inevitable. This suggest you parry the opponent and try to Draw In asap. That'd be fun!

Yes, I think this would be awesome. I think this would make Magneto a lot more fun to play and to play against. His specials are a little tricky sometimes still, but the champ himself is dull. This would be a good solution.

And of course, there's Magneto Now. I think that between these two abilities - Push Back and Draw In - each Magneto is better at one that the other. Red can be more about pushing back, white can be more about drawing in.

edited December 2018
    Daredevil (Netflix)

t12ljkcmlqf1.png

In honor of Daredevil’s run on Netflix. RIP

Signature Ability: Honed Determination (based on max sig)

- When afflicted with a Debuff, activate a +1500 critical rating buff, lasting for 6 seconds. Additionally, if the debuff is non-damaging, shrug it off and gain a +150 critical damage passive, lasting until Daredevil’s next Special Attack
    - Damage-back abilities from Daredevil’s opponents have a 40% chance to fail
    - Special Attacks against Daredevil lose 400 critical rate and damage, and these attacks’ abilities cannot be triggered through block

Base kit:
    - 40% Perfect Block chance against all attacks
    - +150 physical resistance at all times
    - +250 critical rate at all times
    - A passive 20% chance to Evade projectiles. This ability cannot be suppressed

Precise Offense:
    - Daredevil’s honed senses allow him to take advantage of his opponent’s Stunned state. When his opponent is stunned, Heavy and Medium attacks break armor by 300 for 15 seconds. Heavy attack armor breaks last 20 seconds. These stack without limit
    - For every armor break on the opponent, up to 5, Daredevil gains +100 critical damage rating
    - At 10 armor breaks, the durations reset

Echolocation:
    - Passively reduce enemy ability accuracy by 5%. This increases by 5% when the opponent is afflicted with a debuff, and by an additional 2% for each unique attack (including specials) the opponent throws in the match

Special attacks:
    - If the opponent is Fatigued, special attack hits are considered critical (as in they don’t actually crit, but activate the stuns that crits would activate)

Special 1:
    - Critical hits stun for 3 seconds
    - If no hits are critical, inflict a fatigue debuff for 6 seconds, reducing the opponent’s critical rating by 240

Special 2:
    - Critical hits stun for 3.5 seconds
    - If not hits are critical, inflict special 1 fatigue for 8 seconds

Special 3:
    - +15% attack rating if the opponent is armor broken
    - Inflict special 1 fatigue for 12 seconds

Synergies

Devil of Hell’s Kitchen (with Daredevil Classic):

NFDD- Special 3 triggers his signature precision ability
    DDC- Special attacks cannot be passively Evaded

Bowl a Strike (with Kingpin):

Daredevil- +10% fatigue duration
    Kingpin- +10% Black ISO duration

Defenders (with Iron Fist, Immortal Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Doctor Strange)

All champions- Gain +10% special 3 damage and 10% damage resistance against special 3s

Rivals (with Punisher):

All champions gain +155 critical damage rating

Romance (with Elektra):

All champions gain +4% power gain

Right, the idea was to make his stuns more consistent, improve his criticals and armor breaks, and make his L3 something that isn’t completely useless. I reaize I kinda overdid WM, and I plan to write a take 2 at some point, but here’s hoping I did a decent job here!
  • Xyz123Xyz123 Posts: 61
    GOLDPOOL(Revised)
    The duration of bleed is cut down by 80%, and 50% for poison.
    Every 10 hits he gains a precision, 10% 10 sec
    Every 20 hits apply taunt, increasing special attack chance by 70%, and reducing attack by 35%(non-refreshable) 20 seconds
    At 15% health regen 35% health over 8 seconds
    SP1: Armor break, 20 seconds, reducing armor by 10%
    Inflict stun for 2 seconds 60% chance, 100% for male non-robot characters.

SP2: Bleed 3983 damage over 5.5 seconds
    50% Stun for 3 seconds
    If dance is completed, gain prowess 100% for 40 seconds(this can stack)
    If dance is interrupted, gain 30% power.

SP3: Inflicts all debuffs and gain all buffs(not base regen, but regen from sig ability)

Sig ability: You just lost my friend.
    For every 4 buffs, inflict concussion, 70%, 7.5 seconds
    For every 4 debuffs, regen 10% health over 4 seconds
    Champion Redesign: Colossus (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    latest?cb=20160924195105

One of the earliest Champions in the Contest, Colossus has been overdue for an overhaul for a long, long time. He doesn't really have much going for him; his powers are incredibly basic, his specials are easy to avoid, he has virtuallly no utility in the game at all... The only thing this Champion really has going for him is the fact that he's Bleed Immune. He's supposed to be a very strong character in the Marvel Universe, but he hits like he's fighting with pillows, even with this damage boost to Special Attacks. As a Champion, he's always been underwhelming, and I think it's well past time to address that issue!

Signature Ability - Osmium Steel: Piotr's organic steel form allows him to achieve great feats of strength.
    • Colossus gains an additional 57.95 Attack Rating for every Armor Up Buff he has.
    • After charging a Heavy Attack for 1.0 seconds, Colossus' gains an Osmium Steel counter for 5.0 seconds. This Osmium Steel counter increases his Critical Hit Rating on Special Attacks by 1500.
    • Colossus gains a 15% chance to bat projectiles (such as rocks or grenades) aside, perfectly blocking the attack.

ABILITIES
    Impenetrable Armor (Passive): In his armored form, Colossus can withstand ballistic penetration, and he can survive temperature extremes from 70 degrees Fahrenheit above absolute zero (-390 degrees Fahrenheit) to approximately 9000 degrees Fahrenheit. Impenetrable Armor provides full immunity to Bleeding, Incinerate, Coldsnap, and Frostbite.
    Persistent Charge: At the start of the fight, if Colossus has a Persistent Charge, he consumes one, re-activating all of his Armor Up effects that were active at the end of his last fight as permanent Passive Armor Up effects.
    • At the start of the fight, if Colossus has 0 Persistent Charges, he will randomly receive between 3 and 6 Persistent Charges.
    All Attacks: When attacked and when attacking, Colossus has a 9% chance to gain an Armor Up Buff. Armor Up increases Armor Rating by 413.11 for 5 seconds. Against Skill Champions, Colossus also inflicts an Armor Break if he is attacking, reducing the opponents Armor Rating by 500 for 10 seconds. (max stacks: 1)
    • Dodging back and allowing Colossus to idle for 1.0 seconds allows him to convert a temporary Armor Up Buff into a permanent passive effect.
    • Colossus can convert a maximum of 5 permanent Passive Armor Up effects in a fight. Armor Up effects from previous fights do not count towards this limitation.
    • Colossus cannot convert his passive Armor Up effects while fighting if he has 15 or more permanent passive Armor Up effects active.
    Vibranium Weakness (Passive): Attacks that employ vibranium weapons against Colossus (such as Black Panther's claws or Captain America's shield) ignore his Armor Rating.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special Attack 1 - Sit Down! Colossus launched himself forward, catching his opponent with a powerful uppercut, then follows up with a punch to the stomach, and one more than knocks his opponent to the ground! This attack has a 45% chance to inflict Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up and applying 950 Armor Rating reduction for 8.0 seconds.
    Special Attack 2 - Intimidating Slam: Colossus lets out a terrifying roar, leaping up into the air toward his opponent and smashing down into the ground with shattering force!
    • This attack has a 100% chance to inflict an Intimidate Debuff for 4.0 seconds. Intimidate lasts 50% longer against Villain Champions.
    • Dodging back and allowing Colossus to idle for 1.0 seconds allows him to flex his muscles and frighten his opponent, refreshing an active Intimidate.
    • Opponents that are Intimidated have their Attack reduced by 40% and have a 70% lower chance to activate a Special Attack.
    Special Attack 3 - Fastball Special: With a little bit of help from Wolverine, Colossus launches a devastating attack by throwing his friend at his opponent, then finishing the job by stomping on his fallen opponent.
    • This attack has a 100% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 1228.54 Direct Damage over 4.0 seconds. Against Bleed Immune Champions, this attack has a 100% chance to inflict Enervate, preventing opponents from gaining Power for 8.0 seconds.
    • This attack has a 100% chance to inflict an Intimidate Debuff for 8.0 seconds. Intimidate lasts 50% longer against Villain Champions.
    • Dodging back and allowing Colossus to idle for 1.0 seconds allows him to flex his muscles and frighten his opponent, refreshing an active Intimidate.
    • Opponents that are Intimidated have their Attack reduced by 40% and have a 70% lower chance to activate a Special Attack.

SYNERGIES
    • Enemies with Juggernaut: All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Family with Magik: All Champions gain +5% Health.
    • Friends with Old Man Logan or Wolverine: All Champions gain +155 Armor Rating.
    • X-Men Second Team with Cyclops (Blue Team), Cyclops (New Xavier School), Nightcrawler, or Storm: Colossus: When attacked or when attacking, Colossus gains an additional 2% chance to gain an Armor Up Buff. Cyclops (Blue Team) and Cyclops (New Xavier School): Armor Break Debuffs reduce Armor Rating by an additional 8%. Nightcrawler: When Nightcrawler successfully Evades an attack, he gains an additional +5% Critical Damage Rating until his next Critical Hit. Storm: When damaged by electrical based attacks or when electrical-based damage over time effects trigger on Storm, Storm gains a Power Gain Buff for 3.0 seconds, granting 10% of a Bar of Power. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • X-Force with Iceman, Domino, or Psylocke: Colossus: Intimidate Debuffs last for an additional 0.7 seconds. Iceman: Critical Hits have an additional 5% chance to place a Frostbite charge upon his opponent. Domino: Damage from Critical Failure is increased by +20%. Psylocke: Psylocke starts the fight with 1 Psi-Charge. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Raging Russians with Omega Red: Colossus: Intimidate Debuffs reduce the chance for an opponent to activate a Special Attack by an additional 10%. Omega Red: Opponents have their Power Rate reduced by 3% for each Death Spore they have on them. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine
    11. Superior Iron Man
    Champion Redesign: Colossus (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    latest?cb=20160924195105

One of the earliest Champions in the Contest, Colossus has been overdue for an overhaul for a long, long time. He doesn't really have much going for him; his powers are incredibly basic, his specials are easy to avoid, he has virtuallly no utility in the game at all... The only thing this Champion really has going for him is the fact that he's Bleed Immune. He's supposed to be a very strong character in the Marvel Universe, but he hits like he's fighting with pillows, even with this damage boost to Special Attacks. As a Champion, he's always been underwhelming, and I think it's well past time to address that issue!

Signature Ability - Osmium Steel: Piotr's organic steel form allows him to achieve great feats of strength.
    • Colossus gains an additional 57.95 Attack Rating for every Armor Up Buff he has.
    • After charging a Heavy Attack for 1.0 seconds, Colossus' gains an Osmium Steel counter for 5.0 seconds. This Osmium Steel counter increases his Critical Hit Rating on Special Attacks by 1500.
    • Colossus gains a 15% chance to bat projectiles (such as rocks or grenades) aside, perfectly blocking the attack.

ABILITIES
    Impenetrable Armor (Passive): In his armored form, Colossus can withstand ballistic penetration, and he can survive temperature extremes from 70 degrees Fahrenheit above absolute zero (-390 degrees Fahrenheit) to approximately 9000 degrees Fahrenheit. Impenetrable Armor provides full immunity to Bleeding, Incinerate, Coldsnap, and Frostbite.
    Persistent Charge: At the start of the fight, if Colossus has a Persistent Charge, he consumes one, re-activating all of his Armor Up effects that were active at the end of his last fight as permanent Passive Armor Up effects.
    • At the start of the fight, if Colossus has 0 Persistent Charges, he will randomly receive between 3 and 6 Persistent Charges.
    All Attacks: When attacked and when attacking, Colossus has a 9% chance to gain an Armor Up Buff. Armor Up increases Armor Rating by 413.11 for 5 seconds. Against Skill Champions, Colossus also inflicts an Armor Break if he is attacking, reducing the opponents Armor Rating by 500 for 10 seconds. (max stacks: 1)
    • Dodging back and allowing Colossus to idle for 1.0 seconds allows him to convert a temporary Armor Up Buff into a permanent passive effect.
    • Colossus can convert a maximum of 5 permanent Passive Armor Up effects in a fight. Armor Up effects from previous fights do not count towards this limitation.
    • Colossus cannot convert his passive Armor Up effects while fighting if he has 15 or more permanent passive Armor Up effects active.
    Vibranium Weakness (Passive): Attacks that employ vibranium weapons against Colossus (such as Black Panther's claws or Captain America's shield) ignore his Armor Rating.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special Attack 1 - Sit Down! Colossus launched himself forward, catching his opponent with a powerful uppercut, then follows up with a punch to the stomach, and one more than knocks his opponent to the ground! This attack has a 45% chance to inflict Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up and applying 950 Armor Rating reduction for 8.0 seconds.
    Special Attack 2 - Intimidating Slam: Colossus lets out a terrifying roar, leaping up into the air toward his opponent and smashing down into the ground with shattering force!
    • This attack has a 100% chance to inflict an Intimidate Debuff for 4.0 seconds. Intimidate lasts 50% longer against Villain Champions.
    Special Attack 3 - Fastball Special: With a little bit of help from Wolverine, Colossus launches a devastating attack by throwing his friend at his opponent, then finishing the job by stomping on his fallen opponent.
    • This attack has a 100% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 1228.54 Direct Damage over 4.0 seconds. Against Bleed Immune Champions, this attack has a 100% chance to inflict Enervate, preventing opponents from gaining Power for 8.0 seconds.
    • This attack has a 100% chance to inflict an Intimidate Debuff for 8.0 seconds. Intimidate lasts 50% longer against Villain Champions.

SYNERGIES

Made the post too long. These are good synergies, though, I don’t have much to say about them

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine
    11. Superior Iron Man

How do the persistent charges work? Sabretooth style, they just increase by a random amount when they’re at 0?

Also, intimidate seems fun, but only really situationally useful. The decrease in special attack use would make baiting a pain. But, I think the ability to gain an indestructible charge or buff somehow could counteract this and make it all positive, like maybe a 25 hit combo or something grants one indestructible charge and they don’t stack. Nothing crazy, but if colossus’s mechanics make it easy to get a foe to a SP3, a contingency might be nice to have.

And this is just me, I don’t like that his damage mostly comes from his sig ability. Never liked champions like that. But hey, when you put it all together, this buffs colossus properly and quite well. Good work!

And I realy like the incorporation of a weakness to vibranium. I love little touches like that.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Iron Fist
    *Signature Ability: "The Heart of Shao Lao" Chi Regeneration - Iron Fist Focuses and drains his power meter to Regenerate "X%" amount of Health. (Similar to Blade)

Pressure Point Insight - Critical strikes Grant "X%" To inflict Armor Break for 7 seconds Reducing Armor by "X" Amount each stack (max 5)

Chi Strike - Heavy Strikes Removes any and all buffs the opponent has inflicting a weakness debuffs for each buff removed reducing critical attack rating by "X" amount and also draining the opponents power meter by "X" amount for each debuff removed.
    How do the persistent charges work? Sabretooth style, they just increase by a random amount when they’re at 0?
    Yes, exactly like Sabretooth persistent charges.
    Also, intimidate seems fun, but only really situationally useful. The decrease in special attack use would make baiting a pain. But, I think the ability to gain an indestructible charge or buff somehow could counteract this and make it all positive, like maybe a 25 hit combo or something grants one indestructible charge and they don’t stack. Nothing crazy, but if colossus’s mechanics make it easy to get a foe to a SP3, a contingency might be nice to have.
    A decrease in Special Attacks would definitely make baiting more of a pain, but that's not what Intimidate is for. It's for preventing an opponent that has a greater likelihood of throwing specific (and often unblockable) specials on certain nodes from throwing them off. It also discourages opponents on an All-or-Nothing node from throwing down SP3. You could potentially stop them from throwing one at all, since it decreases the chance for them to throw one. I could probably change it so that when the Buff is active, it prevents you from throwing a Special at all (if it's SP3, which would buy you time to wreck your opponent).

As it stands now, getting specials thrown at you are generally going to do less damage because you can Armor Up like a beast, and your opponent can't pull those Armor Up Buffs off of you.
    And this is just me, I don’t like that his damage mostly comes from his sig ability. Never liked champions like that. But hey, when you put it all together, this buffs colossus properly and quite well. Good work!
    His damage doesn't mostly come from his Signature Ability, though a lot of the damage increase does. It's a bit different from Star-Lord, though, as it's not based upon his Combo Meter to keep the damage up. So... I hope that doesn't make it so difficult to accept.
    And I realy like the incorporation of a weakness to vibranium. I love little touches like that.
    Vibranium makes Colossus shift back to his human form in the comics, but since he doesn't change forms in Marvel Contest of Champions (and if I was creating a new version of Colossus, he would!), I felt that having him drop his Armor completely would be bananas!

Best wishes!
    latest?cb=20160924195105

ABILITIES
    Organic Steel (Passive): By Dashing Back and holding Block for 1.0 seconds, Colossus gains an Organic Steel counter, reducing damage from Special Attacks by 20% (max stacks: 5)
    • When Colossus is struck by a Special Attack, all Organic Steel counters are removed.

SPECIAL ATTACKS

SYNERGIES
    • Enemies with Juggernaut: All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Family with Magik: All Champions gain +5% Health.
    • Friends with Old Man Logan or Wolverine: All Champions gain +155 Armor Rating.
    • X-Men Second Team with Cyclops (Blue Team), Cyclops (New Xavier School), Nightcrawler, or Storm: Colossus: When attacked or when attacking, Colossus gains an additional 2% chance to gain an Armor Up Buff. Cyclops (Blue Team) and Cyclops (New Xavier School): Armor Break Debuffs reduce Armor Rating by an additional 8%. Nightcrawler: When Nightcrawler successfully Evades an attack, he gains an additional +5% Critical Damage Rating until his next Critical Hit. Storm: When damaged by electrical based attacks or when electrical-based damage over time effects trigger on Storm, Storm gains a Power Gain Buff for 3.0 seconds, granting 10% of a Bar of Power. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • X-Force with Iceman, Domino, or Psylocke: Colossus: Intimidate Debuffs last for an additional 0.7 seconds. Iceman: Critical Hits have an additional 5% chance to place a Frostbite charge upon his opponent. Domino: Damage from Critical Failure is increased by +20%. Psylocke: Psylocke starts the fight with 1 Psi-Charge. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Raging Russians with Omega Red: Colossus: Intimidate Debuffs reduce the chance for an opponent to activate a Special Attack by an additional 10%. Omega Red: Opponents have their Power Rate reduced by 3% for each Death Spore they have on them. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine
    11. Superior Iron Man
    edited December 2018
    Champion Redesign: Black Panther (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    latest?cb=20180123034657

Another one of the earlier Champions that has just fallen behind the times, Black Panther is supposed to be quite the impressive superhero, but as a Champion, his primary ability - his ability to make his opponents bleed - has been overshadowed by Champion after Champion. Unfortunately, Black Panther doesn't really have anything else going for him, and is in major need of an overhaul. He doesn't have any utility other than to use against Champions that are capable of bleeding, and since he's not even the King of that (let alone Wakanda in Contest of Champions), here are my proposed suggestions for reworking Black Panther so that he makes both for a good attacker and a decent War defender.

Signature Ability - Heart-Shaped Herb (Passive): The Heart-Shaped Herb is what gave the Black Panthers their incredible powers and forged the connection to all Black Panthers who came before them.
    T'Challa gains one Heart-Shaped Charge for each opponent he defeats within the same Quest. (max stacks: infinite)
    Heart-Shaped Charges grant the following benefits:
    • Armor Penetration and Block Penetration are both increased by 174.84.
    • Incoming Special Attack damage is reduced by 2.0%.
    • Science Champions have their Power Gain reduced by 3.5%.
    Furthermore, Basic Attacks have an 8% chance to inflict Bleed, each stack dealing 585.48 Direct Damage over 7.0 seconds. (max stacks: infinite)

ABILITIES
    Anti-Metal Claws: (Passive) The Claws in the gloves are made of Antarctic Vibranium-based "Anti-Metal" that can break down basically all metals at the molecular level. Basic Attacks have an 8% chance to inflict Armor Break, each stack reducing Armor Rating by 287 for 7.0 seconds.
    Dash Attacks & Intercepts: T'Challa has the ability to attack faster than the eye can follow. He becomes Unstoppable when Dashing towards or Intercepting the enemy.
    Special Attacks: Attack increases by 105.85 for each instance of Bleed on the target.
    Vibranium Microweave Mesh (Passive): The microweave robs incoming objects of their momentum; bullets do not ricochet off, but simply fall to the ground when they come in contact with the weave. T'Challa has a 100% chance to execute a Perfect Block when Blocking attacks that employ the use of bullets, reducing all incoming damage to zero.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special Attack 1 - Panther Strike: T'Challa executes a series of precise strikes against his opponent, jabbing at them five times in rapid succession!
    • This Attack has an 80% chance of inflicting Bleed upon the target with each strike, each instance of Bleed dealing 647.40 Direct Damage over 4.0 seconds.
    • This attack also inflicts a Weakness Debuff upon the opponent, reducing their Attack Rating by 40% for 4.50 seconds. When this Debuff expires, it consumes one active Bleed Debuff to automatically reapply itself.
    • Against Bleed Immune Champions, each hit of this Attack has an additional 633.33 Critical Rating.
    Special Attack 2 - Vibranium Energy Daggers: T'Challa uses his energy constructed blades, throwing six of them in rapid succession, each one powerful enough to slice through various structures and foes.
    • This Energy-Based Attack deals True Damage, ignoring all of the opponent's Armor Rating.
    • This Attack has a 90% chance of inflicting Bleed upon the target with each strike, each instance of Bleed dealing 971.10 Direct Damage over 4.0 seconds.
    • This attack also inflicts a Power Drain Debuff upon the opponent, draining 15% their Max Power over 7.0 seconds. When this Debuff expires, it consumes one active Bleed Debuff to automatically reapply itself. This Power Drain Debuff is automatically Purified if the opponent takes damage from a Special Attack before it expires.
    • Against Bleed Immune Champions, each hit of this Attack has an additional 814.29 Critical Rating.
    • This Attack also has a 45% chance to Stun the opponent for 3.75 seconds.
    Special Attack 3 - Wakanda Forever!: Calling upon the spirits of his ancestors, T'Challa summons all the knowledge, strength, and every experience from every previous Black Panther to decimate his foe!
    • This Attack has a 100% chance of inflicting Bleed upon the target with each strike, each instance of Bleed dealing 1074.68 Direct Damage over 4.0 seconds.
    • For each instance of Bleed on the target at the time of impact, there is a cumulative 10% chance to inflict an Passive Open Wound, which deals 88.88 Direct Damage each second for the remainder of the fight. (max stacks: infinite) Opponents can remove one Open Wound by performing 4 successful Well-Timed Blocks.

SYNERGIES
    • Enemies with Deadpool, Deadpool (X-Force), or Goldpool: All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Rivals with Iron Fist or Iron Fist (Immortal): All Champions gain +155 Critical Damage Rating.
    • Romance with Storm: All Champions gain +5% Power Gain.
    • Savage Battles with Hulk or Yellowjacket: Black Panther: +70% Bleed damage. Hulk: +4% Damage at the start of the fight. Yellowjacket: Power Sting deals an additional 70% damage. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Avengers Ally with Captain America, Captain America (WWII), Captain America (Infinity War), or Falcon: Black Panther: Weakness Debuffs last an additional 1.0 seconds. Captain America, Captain America (WWII), or Captain America (Infinity War): Well-Timed Blocks have a 15% chance reflect 70% of the opponent's Attack Rating as Direct Damage. Falcon: Falcon's Block Proficiency is increased by 255. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Real Genius with Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, Iron Man (Infinity War), Hulkbuster, or Hulk: Black Panther: Special Attack 2 has True Strike rather than True Damage. Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, Iron Man (Infinity War), or Hulkbuster: Start the fight with +15% Armor Rating. Hulk: Have a 20% chance to Revive at 10% Health when receiving a knockout blow. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Mystically Empowered with Moon Knight and Doctor Voodoo: Black Panther: Black Panther gains a Power Gain Buff every 8.0 seconds he does not use a Special Attack, granting him one full Bar of Power over 7.5 seconds, after which, the timer resets. Moon Knight: In the light of the Full Moon, Block Proficiency is increased by 5%. Doctor Voodoo: Doctor Voodoo increases Energy Resistance by an additional +1500 while Blocking. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine
    11. Superior Iron Man
    12. Colossus
    Friends, I welcome feedback on the Colossus and Black Panther reconstructs. @Whododo872 @Magrailothos
    Champion Redesign: Gamora (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    Sideshow-Collectibles-Premium-Format-Figure-Gamora-e1455141575361.jpg

For the deadliest woman in the whole galaxy, Gamora doesn't pack much of a punch. Her assassination ability is good, but the fact that it's a one-shot ability, and the rest of her damage output relies upon Critical Hits, Gamora is a pony with very few tricks, and those tricks are greatly outshone by Scarlet Witch's Level 2 Special Attack. She's not representative of her power-set in the comics, nor does she have much value either as an attacker or a defender in War.

Signature Ability - Master Strategist: Gamora is an accomplished strategist. She has been widely considered one of, if not the greatest, both on and off the battlefield. She is able to formulate complex battle strategies, and her brilliant tactical sense allows her to alter any strategy to fit the changing need of the situation.
    • When Gamora has 1 or more Bars of Power, All Attacks have a 10% chance to increase Critical Damage Rating by 1333.33 for 7.0 seconds.
    • When Gamora has 2 or more Bars of Power, Special Attacks 1 & 2 gain True Accuracy, allowing her to ignore Auto Block and all Evade effects.
    • When Gamora has 3 Bars of Power, Heavy Attacks have a 90% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 912 Direct Damage over 5.0 seconds.
    • When Gamora's opponent has 1 or more Bars of Power, Gamora gains 1501.5 Physical Resistance.
    • When Gamora's opponent has 2 or more Bars of Power, Gamora's Special Attacks drain 25% of the opponent's Max Power.
    • When Gamora's opponent has 3 Bars of Power, Well-Timed Blocks place a Tactical Counter on her opponent, reducing their Special Attack Damage by 15% for 12.0 seconds. (max stacks: 3)

ABILITIES
    While Blocking: Gamora carefully studies her opponents while holding Block, gaining an Assassin Charge for every 0.5 seconds she isn't attacked. Whenever Gamora is struck by a combo-ending attack, she has a 50% chance to make an error in judgment and lose all of her Assassin Charges.
    • Each Assassination Charge increases Critical Rating and Armor Penetration by 281.2.
    Dwarf-Forged Armor (Passive): Well-Timed Blocks grant Gamora an additional 273 Armor Rating for 6.25 seconds.
    Enhanced Stamina (Passive): Gamora recovers from Fatigue much faster than other Champions, reducing its duration by 70%.
    Enhanced Reflexes (Passive): Gamora has a 75% chance to Evade incoming attacks while she is in the midst of a Combo.
    Regenerative Healing Factor (Passive): Gamora possesses a regenerative healing factor, allowing her to regenerate from what would normally be considered life-threatening wounds in a matter of moments. When she drops below 15% Health, she Regenerates 2227.95 over 4.25 seconds. This ability activates only once per fight.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special Attack 1 - Vital Strike: One strike at opponents' vitals from the most dangerous woman in the galaxy.
    • This attack has 100% Critical Hit Chance.
    • 90% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 2736 Direct Damage over 5 seconds.
    • Against Naturally Bleed Immune Champions: Gamora changes her fighting style, placing both a Weakness and a Heal Block on her opponent, which reduce Attack Rating by 20% and block all Regeneration on the target for 6.50 seconds.
    Special Attack 2 - The Jade Assassin: Executing several masterful acrobatic maneuvers, Gamora's blade slashes into her opponent multiple times, inflicting grievous wounds! (This attack hits 4 times.)
    • 40% chance per strike to inflict Bleed, each stack dealing 1504.8 Direct Damage over 5.0 seconds.
    • Against Naturally Bleed Immune Champions: Gamora changes her fighting style, placing both a Weakness and a Heal Block on her opponent, which reduce Attack Rating by 20% and block all Regeneration on the target for 8.75 seconds.
    Special Attack 3 - Godslayer: Gamora's Godslayer blade tears her opponent apart in an acrobatic combination attack. Then she pulls out one of her blaster guns and puts her opponent down!
    • This attack has a 100% chance to inflict Shock, dealing 4104 Direct Damage over 8.0 seconds.
    • Against gods and demons, (such as Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Hela, Angela, Mephisto, or Dormammu) this attack does 150% damage.

SYNERGIES
    • Friends with Star-Lord or She-Hulk: All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    • Rivals with Drax: All Champions gain +155 Critical Damage Rating.
    • Teammates with Agent Venom: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Revenged Relations with Thanos: Gamora: Gamora's Damage Over Time Debuffs gain +25% Potency and Duration. Thanos: Whenever an opponent would regenerate while under the effects of a Heal Block Debuff, Thanos steals their Regeneration Buff, benefiting from its owner's Potency and Duration.
    • Battle Angels with Angela: Gamora: Gamora's Regenerative Healing Factor regenerates 70% more health. Angela: Regeneration Buffs regenerate 40% more health. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Infinity Stones with Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Ultron, Star-Lord, or Captain Marvel: Gamora: (Mind Stone) Gamora's attacks gain Telekinesis, reducing the enemy's Ability Accuracy by 100% for effects that trigger when attacks make contact. Black Widow: (Space Stone) Black Widow's chance to Evade enemy attacks increases by 9% for each full Bar of Power she currently has. Doctor Strange: (Time Stone) Doctor Strange has a 12.5% chance to counter enemy Debuff Effects whenever they trigger. Whenever he does so, he instantly regenerates 100% of the damage of the last attack that hit him. This regeneration cannot trigger again until Doctor Strange is struck again. Ultron: (Soul Stone) 10% chance on hit to Life Steal 50% of the Damage done to the Opponent. Star-Lord: (Power Stone) Star-Lord gains a Power Gain Buff every 15.0 seconds, granting him a full Bar of Power over 4.0 seconds. Captain Marvel: (Reality Stone) Captain Marvel's becomes Immune to all Damage Over Time Debuffs.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine
    11. Superior Iron Man
    12. Colossus
    13. Black Panther
    Champion Redesign: Gamora (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)

For the deadliest woman in the whole galaxy, Gamora doesn't pack much of a punch. Her assassination ability is good, but the fact that it's a one-shot ability, and the rest of her damage output relies upon Critical Hits, Gamora is a pony with very few tricks, and those tricks are greatly outshone by Scarlet Witch's Level 2 Special Attack. She's not representative of her power-set in the comics, nor does she have much value either as an attacker or a defender in War.

Signature Ability - Master Strategist: Gamora is an accomplished strategist. She has been widely considered one of, if not the greatest, both on and off the battlefield. She is able to formulate complex battle strategies, and her brilliant tactical sense allows her to alter any strategy to fit the changing need of the situation.
    • When Gamora has 1 or more Bars of Power, All Attacks have a 10% chance to increase Critical Damage Rating by 1333.33 for 7.0 seconds.
    • When Gamora has 2 or more Bars of Power, Special Attacks 1 & 2 gain True Accuracy, allowing her to ignore Auto Block and all Evade effects.
    • When Gamora has 3 Bars of Power, Heavy Attacks have a 90% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 912 Direct Damage over 5.0 seconds.
    • When Gamora's opponent has 1 or more Bars of Power, Gamora gains 1501.5 Physical Resistance.
    • When Gamora's opponent has 2 or more Bars of Power, Gamora's Special Attacks drain 25% of the opponent's Max Power.
    • When Gamora's opponent has 3 Bars of Power, Well-Timed Blocks place a Tactical Counter on her opponent, reducing their Special Attack Damage by 15% for 12.0 seconds. (max stacks: 3)

ABILITIES
    While Blocking: Gamora carefully studies her opponents while holding Block, gaining an Assassin Charge for every 0.5 seconds she isn't attacked. Whenever Gamora is struck by a combo-ending attack, she has a 50% chance to make an error in judgment and lose all of her Assassin Charges.
    • Each Assassination Charge increases Critical Rating and Armor Penetration by 281.2.
    Dwarf-Forged Armor (Passive): Well-Timed Blocks grant Gamora an additional 273 Armor Rating for 6.25 seconds.
    Enhanced Stamina (Passive): Gamora recovers from Fatigue much faster than other Champions, reducing its duration by 70%.
    Enhanced Reflexes (Passive): Gamora has a 75% chance to Evade incoming attacks while she is in the midst of a Combo.
    Regenerative Healing Factor (Passive): Gamora possesses a regenerative healing factor, allowing her to regenerate from what would normally be considered life-threatening wounds in a matter of moments. When she drops below 15% Health, she Regenerates 2227.95 over 4.25 seconds. This ability activates only once per fight.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special Attack 1 - Vital Strike: One strike at opponents' vitals from the most dangerous woman in the galaxy.
    • 90% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 2736 Direct Damage over 5 seconds.
    • Against Naturally Bleed Immune Champions: Gamora changes her fighting style, placing both a Weakness and a Heal Block on her opponent, which reduce Attack Rating by 20% and block all Regeneration on the target for 6.50 seconds.
    Special Attack 2 - The Jade Assassin: Executing several masterful acrobatic maneuvers, Gamora's blade slashes into her opponent multiple times, inflicting grievous wounds! (This attack hits 4 times.)
    • 40% chance per strike to inflict Bleed, each stack dealing 1504.8 Direct Damage over 5.0 seconds.
    • Against Naturally Bleed Immune Champions: Gamora changes her fighting style, placing both a Weakness and a Heal Block on her opponent, which reduce Attack Rating by 20% and block all Regeneration on the target for 8.75 seconds.
    Special Attack 3 - Godslayer: Gamora's Godslayer blade tears her opponent apart in an acrobatic combination attack. Then she pulls out one of her blaster guns and puts her opponent down!
    • This attack has a 100% chance to inflict Shock, dealing 4104 Direct Damage over 8.0 seconds.
    • Against gods and demons, (such as Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Hela, Angela, Mephisto, or Dormammu) this attack does 150% damage.

SYNERGIES
    • Friends with Star-Lord or She-Hulk: All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    • Rivals with Drax: All Champions gain +155 Critical Damage Rating.
    • Teammates with Agent Venom: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Revenged Relations with Thanos: Gamora: Gamora's Damage Over Time Debuffs gain +25% Potency and Duration. Thanos: Whenever an opponent would regenerate while under the effects of a Heal Block Debuff, Thanos steals their Regeneration Buff, benefiting from its owner's Potency and Duration. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Battle Angels with Angela: Gamora: Gamora's Regenerative Healing Factor regenerates 70% more health. Angela: Regeneration Buffs regenerate 40% more health. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Infinity Stones with Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Ultron, Star-Lord, or Captain Marvel: Gamora: (Mind Stone) Gamora's attacks gain Telekinesis, reducing the enemy's Ability Accuracy by 100% for effects that trigger when attacks make contact. Black Widow: (Space Stone) Black Widow's chance to Evade enemy attacks increases by 9% for each full Bar of Power she currently has. Doctor Strange: (Time Stone) Doctor Strange has a 12.5% chance to counter enemy Debuff Effects whenever they trigger. Whenever he does so, he instantly regenerates 100% of the damage of the last attack that hit him. This regeneration cannot trigger again until Doctor Strange is struck again. Ultron: (Soul Stone) 10% chance on hit to Life Steal 50% of the Damage done to the Opponent. Star-Lord: (Power Stone) Star-Lord gains a Power Gain Buff every 15.0 seconds, granting him a full Bar of Power over 4.0 seconds. Captain Marvel: (Reality Stone) Captain Marvel's becomes Immune to all Damage Over Time Debuffs. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine
    11. Superior Iron Man
    12. Colossus
    13. Black Panther
    Sorry. I did not mean to post that twice. I hope a Moderator can remove the one posted first.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    A champion that is super overlooked is Joe Fixit, here’s what I think he could look like. Also, all Base Stats are the same, low Crit and Low Crit Damage
    All stats are based on a 5/50 signature 99 Joe.
    Signature ability: One More Roll: Joe has a 100% Chance to active one more of his “Hit the Slots” buffs/passives this effect lasts until Joe uses a special attack.

Hit the Slots!: At the start of the fight, Joe hits the slots and selects two out of seven potential buffs/passives. Fury, Regeneration, Combo Shield, Precision, Cruelty, Class, and Rage.
    Fury: increases attack by 25.1 per hit on the combo meter. (Max 100)
    Regeneration: Joe Fixit is inspired when he hits fifty in a row, regenerating 1,777 health over 3 seconds, after each increiment of fifty hits on the combo meter.
    Combo shield: Allows Joe to retain his streak 3 times before breaking, each charge lasts 3 seconds once struck, and Joe regains one Combo charge every thirty hits (Max 4)
    Precision: increases critical rating by 15.37 per hit on the combo meter (Max 100)
    Cruelty: increases critical damage rating by 15 per hit on the combo meter (Max 50)
    Class: Joe retains his classy demeanor even when he loses. Whenever struck and the combo meter is reset to zero, Joe gains a passive 400 attack, 350 crit rate, and 200 critical damage rating. This can be triggered one time per fight.
    Rage: Joe loses it, allowing his basic attacks critical hits a 7% chance to lacerate the opennents body, dealing 300 bleed damage over 7 seconds

Specials:
    Special one: 33.33% chance to bleed. Dealing 451 damage over 2 seconds. However, if Joe has either Fury, Precision or Cruelty active, these bleeds have a chance to be critical, dealing 1,277 damage over 5 seconds.

Special two: 76% chance to stun for 3.5 seconds.
    However, if Combo Shield or Class is active. This stun is increased by 2 seconds and the opponent is ennervated for the 7 seconds.

Special three: 100% chance to bleed dealing 4,560 damage over 4 seconds. However, if Rage is active, This bleed is able to be refreshed three times when the opponent is made to bleed again.

Synergies:
    Green with Envy:
    Hulk: Hulk Smash fury effect permenantly applies below 10%
    Joe fixit: Fury and Cruelty buffs can stack until 150 hits

Just my luck:
    Domino: Lucky Passives last 2 seconds longer
    Joe Fixit: Bleed effects last one second longer.

Do the Crime:
    Hood: Staggers stack up to 3
    Kingpin: Special Three immediately activates Overpower, with a 15 second duration
    Joe Fixit: +200 Crit Rate and Crit Damage

This may seem a bit over powered, I’m still not sure, I took inspiration from Domino and Ægon’s playstyles, as well as Venom the Duck, let me know if he should be nerfed down, I’m still on the fence
    Since

For the deadliest woman in the whole galaxy, Gamora doesn't pack much of a punch. ....

Very nice. She sounds a lot more dangerous. A more involved rework than mine - I tend to adjust rather than completely redesign; aside from going off-piste with Cyclops.

Stuff I really like-
    The Angela/Feats of Power signature ability.
    The Gambit-style Assassination charges (you don't specify, but presumably the same cap of ten, and increasing time to gain charges)
    A bit of armour and Tenacity (why not Exhaustion, whilst we're at it?)
    The special 3.

Unsure about -
    Evasion in the middle of a combo. I like this being a reflection of her skill/reflexes; and can see this being valuable against other Evasion champs, Autoblock and Unstoppable. It doesn't sound much as you read it, but as it could save you a full five-hit combo in the face against a glass cannon (or in the Labyrinth), I think this get-out-of-jail-free effect should have lower than a 75% chance.

Not a fan of -
    The regeneration isn't enough to make a massive difference, but is too similar to too many other champs. She doesn't need it - the Tenacity is a better fit for her as she's more organic than Nebula.
    The Heal Block of bleed immune champs. Doesn't really make sense to me - if she can heal block, why not do that all the time? If it's about Willpower, the Weakness could be a passive effect.

All in all, very interesting. Nice work keeping the thread going.
    Very nice. She sounds a lot more dangerous. A more involved rework than mine - I tend to adjust rather than completely redesign; aside from going off-piste with Cyclops.
    Thank you for the feedback, good sir.
    Stuff I really like-
    The Angela/Feats of Power signature ability.
    The Gambit-style Assassination charges (you don't specify, but presumably the same cap of ten, and increasing time to gain charges)
    A bit of armour and Tenacity (why not Exhaustion, whilst we're at it?)
    The special 3.
    So, the Gambit-style Assassination charges are worded exactly like Gambit's ability; it mentions no cap, or increasing time. I'm not sure if I like how Gambit's ability works, exactly, but I'm fine with it working the same. I didn't grant Exhaustion explicitly because that's Luke Cage's "special thing" (since other Champions can gain Invulnerability Buffs).
    Unsure about -
    Evasion in the middle of a combo. I like this being a reflection of her skill/reflexes; and can see this being valuable against other Evasion champs, Autoblock and Unstoppable. It doesn't sound much as you read it, but as it could save you a full five-hit combo in the face against a glass cannon (or in the Labyrinth), I think this get-out-of-jail-free effect should have lower than a 75% chance.
    The goal here is to exemplify Gamora's Enhanced Reflexes, and what better way to do that than to have one Champion that can get out of the way of being in the midst of a Combo, and then suddenly taking a Combo to the face while you were in mid-attack? This puts here in a good position to be a boss-killing Champion (particularly with her Special Attack 3 doing bonus damage to "gods" and "demons", giving some purpose to her "Godslayer"). It doesn't give her a chance to Evade incoming attacks at any other time, which is why it has such a high percentage chance. Most of the time, you don't get interrupted mid-combo, but when you do, it's a cheap-shot pain in the tail.
    Not a fan of -
    The regeneration isn't enough to make a massive difference, but is too similar to too many other champs. She doesn't need it - the Tenacity is a better fit for her as she's more organic than Nebula.
    The Heal Block of bleed immune champs. Doesn't really make sense to me - if she can heal block, why not do that all the time? If it's about Willpower, the Weakness could be a passive effect.

Gamora canonically has regenerative capabilities, and I wanted to highlight that without making it too powerful. You're right, it's not a massive difference, but it will shoot her up from 15% health to 30% health, giving you a bit of breathing room when you're feeling low. I also didn't want to make her a "better than Agent Venom in just about every way" by throwing broader-functioning Tenacity her way. Plus, it's not in her kit, comic wise, whereas the regeneration is.

As for Heal Blocking Bleed Immune champions, many Champions that get Bleed Immunity also have some form of healing; robot Champions like Ultron or Nebula, or mutants. In this particular instance, the design philosophy was, "Okay, I can't make you bleed? I cut you so often that you can't recover health either." I've been using a "No Bleed? Have some Weakness!" mechanic a bit of late, so I wanted to do something different. In long fights, the Heal Block could make a big difference anyway.
    All in all, very interesting. Nice work keeping the thread going.
    Thank you, and best wishes!