**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Compensation for 8% 12% Class Boosts? [Merged Threads] [Admin: Comp Coming]

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    How do you propose they would give everyone back what they spent on them? Do we know how long the issue has been present? It could have only been a month, and people are assuming they never worked.

They literally just reimbursed everyone loyalty and units based on how they acquired mystic cores over the past 4 years. If they can find out how I got a mystic core 4 years ago they sure as hell can figure out how many boost's I've bought from the loyalty store.

You're talking about purchases specific to 5 Ranks of a Mastery that are the same throughout.
    We don't even know how long the bug was present. The longer you go back, the more complex it becomes. For argument's sake, let's say they never worked. I'm skeptical of that, but let's go with that example. You want them to analyze every purchase since their introduction and refund all Loyalty? Does that not strike you as a tad bit time-consuming?

I don't care how freaking time consuming it is for them. They sold broken boosts, they need to reimburse people the loyalty they spent on them. It's not a hard concept. Way to endorse fraud GW!

If you're bank's ATM was only giving you half of the cash you asked for, while taking the full amount from your account, I'm sure you would be cool it they said it was too time consuming to figure out how much they owed you, right?

Fraud. Is that what you call a bug? Do you know how long they've been aware it's been broken? Do you know how long the issue has been present? That's highly dramatic.

Them being aware of the bug has no effect on their duty to make right something that has not been working...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The OP was talking about Fraud. When you accuse someone or an entity of Fraud, you have to prove that they knowingly took advantage.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    How do you propose they would give everyone back what they spent on them? Do we know how long the issue has been present? It could have only been a month, and people are assuming they never worked.

They literally just reimbursed everyone loyalty and units based on how they acquired mystic cores over the past 4 years. If they can find out how I got a mystic core 4 years ago they sure as hell can figure out how many boost's I've bought from the loyalty store.

You're talking about purchases specific to 5 Ranks of a Mastery that are the same throughout.
    We don't even know how long the bug was present. The longer you go back, the more complex it becomes. For argument's sake, let's say they never worked. I'm skeptical of that, but let's go with that example. You want them to analyze every purchase since their introduction and refund all Loyalty? Does that not strike you as a tad bit time-consuming?

I don't care how freaking time consuming it is for them. They sold broken boosts, they need to reimburse people the loyalty they spent on them. It's not a hard concept. You are defending fraud because it'd be too time con

If you're bank's ATM was only giving you half of the cash you asked for, while taking the full amount from your account, I'm sure you would be cool it they said it was too time consuming to figure out how much they owed you, right?

I don't care how freaking time consuming it is for them. They sold broken boosts, they need to reimburse people the loyalty they spent on them. It's not a hard concept. Way to endorse fraud GW!

Fraud. Is that what you call a bug? Do you know how long they've been aware it's been broken? Do you know how long the issue has been present? That's highly dramatic.

Your strawman game is strong today.

Selling broken boosts and not reimbursing us is fraud. There is no debate here.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    I agree with everyone here, I’ve spent thousands and thousands of loyalty on those and they never seemed to work... all you do is announce it at the VERY BOTTOM that it’s getting fixed, never even said it was broken... you have to do something for us in return for it being broken.

Why did you spend thousands of loyalty on something if you never noticed a difference? Is it possible that loyalty wasnt that important to you?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    They knew to fix it, but never said anything to the players. They knew, and they know now and they still have not said they are broken and warned players not to use them.

While fraud, in the legal sense, would never apply here it fits the definition. Knowing somethng isn't what you say it is and sell it anyway is fraud,
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Voltolos wrote: »
    I agree with everyone here, I’ve spent thousands and thousands of loyalty on those and they never seemed to work... all you do is announce it at the VERY BOTTOM that it’s getting fixed, never even said it was broken... you have to do something for us in return for it being broken.

Why did you spend thousands of loyalty on something if you never noticed a difference? Is it possible that loyalty wasnt that important to you?

Let’s not devolve into blaming the victim.
    That's a whole lot of fill in the blanks. We don't know when they became aware of it or how long it's been around. We don't have much information at all. All we know is that a bug was fixed, and now people want all the Loyalty they ever spent back because of Confirmation Bias. "I knew it never worked.".
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Obviously they knew about this issue for a while now otherwise they wouldn't have issued a fix in the update. Yet, they didn't notify anyone. So, yeah I'm calling fraud by omission.
    The OP was talking about Fraud. When you accuse someone or an entity of Fraud, you have to prove that they knowingly took advantage.

Those boosts are still available for sale, right now. Are you saying they they don't know that they're broken, right now?

You don’t even know if it’s all classes of boosts. Was it just mutant? Is it the exact boost on sale now? Don’t know. Everything is speculation without more information.
    It never ceases to amaze me how the slightest thing can be snowballed here.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    If only they had some sort of staff member that communicated with the community and informed them of things...
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

It’s not the “slightest” of things here. This is resources wasted. Resources are time/money. May it be compensation or whatever, kabam has a obligation to stand up and give more information on this.

Transparency is always their choice of word. But it’s always hit and miss. They are only transparent when they want to be.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018

You haven't answer my question What do you call them currently selling two boosts that they know don't work?
  • How about we not derail this or argue semantics and simply request an official statement informing us of the details we want to know?

A mod has merged threads, therefore a mod is available. The players deserve to know the answers to the questions I originally asked. They should also not be forced to wait for those answers. In posting the boost issue to the update notes, you knew the uproar that would ensue. Now we need information.

You haven't answer my question What do you call them currently selling two boosts that they know don't work?

Where are those boosts on sale?
    Do you know it covers those two boosts specifically or are you assuming it does?
    Transparency has been coloquialized to death, to be honest. Transparency is mentioned so many times now that it's a go-to for any unfavorable news. I agree that more information would be helpful, but I don't agree with the exaggeration of the issue, and jumping to conclusions and accusations of things like Fraud. That's very overboard. Things go from 0 to Soapbox in a short amount of time, and people don't even wait for a response.
    People don't spend for Loyalty. You get it as a byproduct of playing. That playing is centered around other Rewards. Time and effort, sure. No one is spending just to earn Loyalty, and no one is selling anything to constitute Fraud.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    How about we not derail this or argue semantics and simply request an official statement informing us of the details we want to know?

A mod has merged threads, therefore a mod is available. The players deserve to know the answers to the questions I originally asked. They should also not be forced to wait for those answers. In posting the boost issue to the update notes, you knew the uproar that would ensue. Now we need information.

People should stop wasting forum space addressing individuals who can’t reimburse their loyalty.

Never seen so many people care so much about convincing others to agree with them when those people can’t even help them solve the issue. They derail their own threads.

Go start a line chat to scream at each other and accomplish nothing. The rest of us would like to ask the people with answers for those answers.
    Thanks Lyra.
  • ArtOfKhaosArtOfKhaos Posts: 59
    I feel like a real idiot, so much loyalty wasted on these things.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    It's not just about Loyalty. This likely hurt players and entire teams. Players would be affected in events and Arena, as these boosts would have been seen as a way to fight harder content or matches. For teams, Alliance Quest and Alliance War would be jeopardized by players trying to do more damage in overwhelming fights, believing they were using boosts to help them and their team.

It's also really problematic to find this out after an Alliance War Season, where surely many players used these boosts to play for attack boosts and victory.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Wow ... i have used quite a few cosmic and tech ones over the last year ... need those refunds