**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cancel Fight Button?

Ok, so everyone has experience that feeling when you are about to fight a really hard champion, and you have your game face on ready to pulverize the opponent. But wait! there is one monumental problem!!!.... you have the wrong champion selected for the fight!!!!!

Basically what I am proposing is a feature (that can be turned on and off in the "settings tab") that activates right after you click the "fight" button but before the loading screen which locks in the fight, and this feature that would activate between those 2 would allow you to cancel the fight before it is actually locked into place and you have to fight.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I definitely think this would be a great feature to implement because:
1. It allows a barrier of safety that way you don't accidentally click "fight" with the wrong champion selected
2. As I mentioned, it should have an On/Off switch in the settings of the game. So if you are a god at the game, you could turn it off so you could try for a legends title.

I think this would be a great feature, tell me what yall think!

Comments

• TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Agreed. Just accidentally brought in AA to an iceman fight in champion clash
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, but then screw mystery/hidden champs. Just back out and redo
  • You wouldn't even need it to be a Setting. Just add it to the Pause screen that would only be allowed from the Pause acreen to long as your heroes have not finished their pre-fight rushing toward center to face each other (when the fight "really" begins). So you would see that the "wrong" hero of yours is dashing to center court, you could press Pause, and because fight really hasn't started yet the Pause screen has an extra option.. CANCEL (in addition to Quit and Resume).
    And FYI Kabam, your 3 minute fight timer (AQ-AW) should NOT start counting until they meet each other at center court either. To help background processor loading and avoid instant Lagging, some ppl try Pausing pre-fight rush for a little bit, hopefully when resume there isn't as much Lagging. This pre-fight "rushing in" time should be counted against some Fight Selection timer, not the actual 3 minute fight timer.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    edited December 2018
    To everyone who has commented, I may not have made what I meant clear. This would feature would not actually start the fight and then let you back out of the fight by hitting the pause button. What I meant was right after you click the fight button, there is a couple second delay before the game even switches from the "character selection screen" to the "loading screen". The feature would allow you a few seconds to cancel the fight before the fight even registers, so it would not allow you to enter a fight against an opponent in AQ or War who is hidden and allow you to see the opponent. Hopefully that made it clearer what I meant in how the feature would operate
    To everyone who has commented, I may not have made what I meant clear. This would feature would not actually start the fight and then let you back out of the fight by hitting the pause button. What I meant was right after you click the fight button, there is a couple second delay before the game even switches from the "character selection screen" to the "loading screen". The feature would allow you a few seconds to cancel the fight before the fight even registers, so it would not allow you to enter a fight against an opponent in AQ or War who is hidden and allow you to see the opponent. Hopefully that made it clearer what I meant in how the feature would operate

@Hammerbro_64 this comment was meant for you. Hopefully it better explains what I meant
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yeah I guess that makes sense. Still feasible to be exploited, but then maybe not in AW or anywhere where there WOULD be hidden nodes. Like individual quests with mystery champs and AW
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The biggest counter argument to this is the fact that we already have long loading times for each fight and this delay would only make it worse. Unless it's built into the loading screen...

I don't disagree with the concept of being able to "back out" once you hit the fight button, but it would have to be in a way that doesn't make the whole fight sequence longer.

Imagine an additional 3-5 second delay on every fight as you're auto-fighting through chp 1 of Heroic...
    @Dexman1349 I hear what your saying, which is why I think you should be able to disable the feature in the settings tab. I have a 400k account, so Im not really worried about which champs im using in heroic difficulty quests, so it would be a safe bet to go ahead and disable it for easier quests. But when it comes to uncollected quests, having those extra few seconds to cancel a fight could save you from using the wrong champ against a high level opponent. And sometimes in uncollected, losing a fight means restarting the whole quest.

I think this feature would have a lot of potential for everyone ranging from brand new accounts to those who have already 100% completed everything
    What about an item instead of a button?

Once the fight starts and you hit the pause button you could then use an item (earned/bought elsewhere in the game) that cancels the fight without penalty. This item would only be useable against known opponents in solo quests and disabled for alliance fights (AQ & AW), as well as against hidden defenders in solo quests.

Have a limit on how many you have or where to get them (i.e. earn 1 with 100% explore each difficulty of monthly EQ).
    Plus if it's an item, it would be one more thing for Kabam to sell...

Win-win
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    If you're not paying attention to what you're doing you deserve to take the beating from bringing in the wrong champ. It's not that hard to look at what is on screen before entering a fight.
    @ArcDeAngelus then why not just turn it off in the settings?
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    @KRONOSDOUBLE Why need it at all. You have time to confirm who you want before hitting the fight button anyway. You suffer from your current mistakes to learn from them in the future. The only thing this would do is slow down load times because people are too lazy to pay attention to what they are doing.
    If players can disable it, then it defeats the whole point of the safety net it would be designed to be.

It would be like turning off your car's airbags because you mostly only drive low speed roads to the grocery store. You won't remember to re-engage them when going on a road trip because you've forgotten the feature even exists, let alone remember to turn them on. And you'll only remember that you had them after the incident and it's too late.

If it's added, like I said above, it would need to be in a way that doesn't lengthen loading times, but also to always be on.
    @ArcDeAngelus like I said, it would be able to be disabled in the settings, so it would not make loading times longer unless you had it activated. Not really a good argument against it, but ok

@Dexman1349 Like I said previously, you could turn it off for easier content, but reactivate it for harder content. So the effect on loading times being slightly longer would be completely up to the individual. I would personally like to be able to have this feature turned off when I am running Heroic level EQ, but have it turned on when I am running through Uncollected EQ on chapter 3. The loading times would only be affected if you had it turned on, so it would have no effect if you had turned it off
  • Forgot to realize that adding it to Pause screen would thus circumvent the hidden/mystery nodes.
    ** Alhough the initial reason given for doing something is still valid. Kabam's programmers have made a "button press" sound happen when choosing a different attacker at pre-fight screen, BUT IF PRESSED TOO SOON IT REGISTERS A SOUND, BUT DOES NOT REGISTER THE ATTACKER CHANGE (especially on older devices where game response is slow). Sometimes I would quickly select my desired attacker, hear the "sound", and press Start Fight right afterwards, only to see that even though it beep'd a sound to me it DID NOT actually switch to that attacker. I am a programmer, and it is intolerable that selecting an attacker would ever sound a beep if the underlying subroutine to actually change to that attacker has not yet been assigned to implement that attacker change. The Beeping should be within the attacker change subroutine itself, not be a separate "pre-response" whose actual subroutine has not yet been assigned to run (because game is slow).
  • Failed to realize how this would curcumvemt hidden-mystery nodes if Cancel were added to Pause screen before initial rushing together finished.
    ** But, orig poster's reason for seeing some type of change still valid... Game registers an attempted attacker change with an audible "beep", EVEN BEFORE THE UNDERLYING SOFTWARE SUBROUTINE IS FULLY LOADED THAT WOULD AXTUALLY MAKE THE CHANGE TO THE ATTACKER YOU CLICKED ON. So on older devices (mayber newer ones too), you could press on your desired attacker right away, HEAR THE BEEP, assume it was registered, and start the fight right away, only to realize that even though the game "beeped" it DID NOT actually make the change to that different attacker.
    ^^^ The "beeping" should be changed to it is actually within the software subroutine that will effect the attacker change. The Beep should NOT be a separate property of the attacker ison buttons before the "attacker change" subroutine has fully been assigned (loaded) to those hero selector pics.
  • So many words. Why so many words?

Jus add a “Are you sure?” after they hit fight.

Simple. Fast. Why so many words?
  • Ok, this is shorter, lol. Kabam, just move the "BEEP" into the sofware subroutine that actually applies the hero change. Then we know to keep pressing on hero until we hear a beep.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Or instead of asking for solutions for your mistakes, you could pause for a second an make sure you have selected the right champ. Takes just a few seconds.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    Ok, this is shorter, lol. Kabam, just move the "BEEP" into the sofware subroutine that actually applies the hero change. Then we know to keep pressing on hero until we hear a beep.

What..? Adding a beep. First off, we play this game on mobile devices, in my case mostly with the sound turned off completely. Because my wife or anyone else in the room would be so annoyed, and have another reason to ask: are you playing that game again. :wink:
    So then you wouldn't hear a beep anyway. And... beeps are annoying sounds you know. (just saying)

Why make things so complicated. I get it, in some cases it might be useful to be able to abort. That function could not be available when entering fights with mystery opponents though. And, as many have said, there's a big risk it would add just a little more to already long loading times. Either that, or you'd have to confirm your choice for every fight, clicking yes as it asks you if you are sure.

An extra step, or a few extra seconds adds upp and would annoy the **** out of me when I try to grind.

• If you read, there already is a beep there, but it is not tied to actually changing the hero selection. So you could do press-press-press etc (trying to change hero) and hear a beep each time, even though game never actually changed to that hero. And the full-body hero profile in selection screen does not actually load (re, Long Loading Problems) for up to 10 seconds depending on device and server load, so it's hard to tell if game has changed your hero or not.