**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So... Guy with skateboard...

thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
So.... The new champ is a guy with a skateboard.

Is Kabam so out of ideas, they are not trying?

Here is a few ideas for the future...
1. Chef with a frying pan
2. Office drone with a stapler and dry erase markers
3. Crossing guard with enchanted stop sign.
4. Coffee shop barista that throws hot coffee
5. A milkman that throws explosive bottles of milk
6. Pastepot Pete.

This new guy is disappointing. He looks like a Batman cosplayer who likes to skateboard.

Comments

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    U do know hes a marvel licensed character right?

He's still Poochie
  • Fishman13579Fishman13579 Posts: 98
    Night thrasher is badass.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Well papa smurf and the one armed bandit they gave us last eq are great overpowered champs so maybe the skateboard kid will be just as impressive
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 558 ★★★
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    ytzmz0r6bde0.jpg

Where did u get this from mate?
  • When u call yourself a Marvel fan but only knows about xmen and avengers...

He should have really used google before embarrassing himself. :D:D

How this happens in the post Google world still astounds me.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    funny lol
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    rcm2017 wrote: »
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    ytzmz0r6bde0.jpg

Where did u get this from mate?

It's from the Contest of Champions tie-in comic series from 2015/2016 written by the Amazing Al Ewing.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I think what the post is getting at is there are way more iconic champs that people grew up with that could have entered this month especially for the 4th anniversary of the game.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    It was still funny though lol
  • Ar12b_6Ar12b_6 Posts: 1
    It doesnt matter that hes a Legitimate Marvel comic book character.......it matters that someone was moronic enough to greenlight the idea of making this Joke into a legitimate comic book character. Then, in an inexplicable lack of judgement, Kabam thought it would be a great addition. I cant believe that anybody thinks this is a good idea.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I like this champ n would love it as a 5 star that synergy with gr will b sick to rush down my enemys
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    John757 wrote: »
    The same people complaining about the new champ will be upset when they can’t pull him from a crystal

Because at the end of it, the "skin" of the champ becomes irrelevant and the only important aspect of a new champ is their utility or their rarity.

The new champ could be Professor X, but if everyone is given a 5* version and he has no useful utility then he's just another Kamala Kahn. How would Kabam profit from that?
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    The same people complaining about the new champ will be upset when they can’t pull him from a crystal

Because at the end of it, the "skin" of the champ becomes irrelevant and the only important aspect of a new champ is their utility or their rarity.

The new champ could be Professor X, but if everyone is given a 5* version and he has no useful utility then he's just another Kamala Kahn. How would Kabam profit from that?

Maybe if you’re not a true marvel fan. His design looks awesome. As well as Darkhawk’s. The time and effort they put into “skins” is well worth it. I use champs people find to be useless because I love the design of the champ both in the way they look and the way the champs fight (ex. Howard the Duck). Keep up the great work with champ creation kabam!