**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champions Clash Coldsnap in Chapter 2.

KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
So I just finished Champions Clash Chapter 2 and it was somewhat of a nightmare. Took me a huge number of potions which I had farmed for LoL and it all was due to a simple bug that slipped past Kabam when releasing the new Update. Proof is in the pictures below.
So Iceman is a pain to fight without the right champs. Since I had no Sabretooth, I decided to get past it with my 5/65 Stark and I faced a lot of trouble with the Coldsnap damage that took a huge number of potions to heal from. After finishing it, a couple of my alliance members told me that they didn't face such issues. I rechecked with Seatin's video and found out that after the Update, Coldsnap does 2x damage. The last Iceman took 85% of a 5/65 Spark.
r7dudfpcl04t.jpg
This shows Seating doing it with a 5/65 Spark. Notice Coldsnap ticks at 219.
8k9yc4tro82j.jpg
This is me fighting the same Iceman with the Coldsnap ticks at 438.
This is pure rubbish and some form of compensation should be given for this.

Comments

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    This is another test with 4/4 Energy Resistance Mastery.
    2bkxynzxrxwx.jpg
    So clearly not my Mastery setup issue.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    😳!

I want my REVIVES AND POTIONS BACK!!!

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    😳!

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I used over 90 L3 potions that I had farmed for LoL. All of them weren't due to Iceman, but over half definitely we're.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    KnightZero wrote: »
    😳!

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I used over 90 L3 potions that I had farmed for LoL. All of them weren't due to Iceman, but over half definitely we're.

Revives are blood man. Revives are BLOOD
    😳!

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Revives are blood man. Revives are BLOOD

Only survived due to Stark being 5/65. Died to the last two though. 85% Coldsnap means no room for block damage too. Had to revive and heal all the way up
    Had someone who hasn't updated the game test it out and ticks 219 for him. So what's the deal with the update? To mess with us?
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Ouch! Glad I got it over with as I didn't bring an immune champ for this challenge.
    Ouch! Glad I got it over with as I didn't bring an immune champ for this challenge.
    Used Stark thinking that since he finishes the fight in roughly 30-40 hits, a few potions were fine. Didn't expect this to happen
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    I did this on the 1st day and can confirm that with 1 point in energy resistance I was ticking at 215 with my Stark Spider Man 5/65
    Mobius360 wrote: »
    I did this on the 1st day and can confirm that with 1 point in energy resistance I was ticking at 215 with my Stark Spider Man 5/65

Agree. This is after the update. Clearly something has changed
  • samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    q0v5akzc9ccq.jpg

There is something grey buff in seatins photo which lacks in new update that might have done
    q0v5akzc9ccq.jpg

There is something grey buff in seatins photo which lacks in new update that might have done

Thanks for pointing that out. Checked it out with a friend who had not updated and the node has changed. This is what it was before.
    512nwnfsu0bm.jpg
    And now it has changed to this post update
    x1jybaxuhzoc.jpg

Moderators, any reason why? Please resolve this issue.

• mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I just tested it. The damage is significantly higher than before the update. Even the first Iceman takes you to almost half.

This is a super scummy "bug".
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    Mods, can you please confirm you have seen this issue and taken it to the team to investigate?
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    Hope this get fixed before my run in 2nd chapter. I was expecting not to take a coldsnap immune champ for the quest. If this keeps up I have to change my optimal team and that will most likely cost me more to complete it. At least still a week left of the event, so hope they fix the issue.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    That node not only affects the defender? That bug should be benefiting you as your specials, crits and damage over time hits should be normal.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    @MrTicTac19992008 coldsnap is doing twice as much damage as it was before the update. I promise it is not benefiting me at all 🤣
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    Thanks for posting this @KnightZero. I kept getting coldsnapped back to low health last night each time on the first three legs of the quest without getting hit and couldn’t figure out why.

Any ideas as to why or how to counter (other than bringing a decent Coldsnap immune, which I don’t have) would be welcome.

Dr. Zola
  • Coldsnap did 600 damage against my Sparky, 600!!! Thats insane :(
    @Zeezoos I am not disputing that fact but the node in the two photos would have no affect on Icemans coldsnap. He is the defender. You are the attacker.

This bug is from something else changing. Probably from the update.
  • Yep, it's a bug. All debuff over time start deal more damage. I believe it's due to a boost in quest.
    @Kabam Miike, @Kabam Zibiit I summon you :-)
  • Again, 600!!! Its F%#+ung insane!!!teznekoqf6qp.png
    @Zeezoos I am not disputing that fact but the node in the two photos would have no affect on Icemans coldsnap. He is the defender. You are the attacker.

I know. But that the only thing that has changed. So while doing something, this bug has been introduced. The rest of the nodes are the same.
    Again, 600!!! Its F%#+ung insane!!!teznekoqf6qp.png
    Last one did around 750 per ticket to me lol
  • YAY!
    reading this after having just completed it WITHOUT a coldsnap immune champ.
    All I can say is that y'all owe me A hell of a lot of health pots as I was obliged to fully heal my 5/65 each time I faced Icebob.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious
    DrZola wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this @KnightZero. I kept getting coldsnapped back to low health last night each time on the first three legs of the quest without getting hit and couldn’t figure out why.

Any ideas as to why or how to counter (other than bringing a decent Coldsnap immune, which I don’t have) would be welcome.

Dr. Zola

No problem! I finished it with the bug and had to use a ton of items. Hopefully they fix it for everyone else. As for how to counter it, other than a Coldsnap immune, there is no option

I know. But that the only thing that has changed. So while doing something, this bug has been introduced. The rest of the nodes are the same.
    Again, 600!!! Its F%#+ung insane!!!teznekoqf6qp.png
    Last one did around 750 per ticket to me lol

I don't know why they would change that node to 0% as now its useless. Maybe that node was having some indirect effect on the the defender and their damage over time and this is why they changed it to 0%. I would hope that they didn't do this on purpose but never know.
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    Kabam changed the node mid event. Is this another example of "need to be first" for events? I havent completed this yet, but was planning to use sparky for most iceman work.

How many got to complete pre update? More than 0.08%
  • damianohmdamianohm Posts: 154
    Yep Cap IW was taking around 20-25% damage yesterday with a kinetic charge but now he is taking 40-50%. r4 5*.

Frustrating as I was aiming to complete it this morning.