**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Frustrations with lack of catalyst drops

I need one tier 3 skill catalyst to rank up Korg, today is skill day (yay), had used previous cats to rank up Ægon. I have run the tier 3 catalyst clash six times today, and not one full catalyst dropped, and not even enough fragments to make one. But never fear, they’ve offered me the opportunity to buy two catalysts for 400 units. This is honestly ridiculous, and I’m shocked that in six run throughs nothing (that I need) is dropped. Is this the way it’s going to be now kabam? No drops, but I am offered the chance to spend 400 units?

Comments

• jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    well, Just do it again next week. What is the rush? The Skill rank up event will be back too. Be patient, don't waste units.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    blgkcmuynq3u.png
    I think the catalyst drops are fine lol
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,389 ★★★
    Tudgie78 wrote: »
    I need one tier 3 skill catalyst to rank up Korg, today is skill day (yay), had used previous cats to rank up Ægon. I have run the tier 3 catalyst clash six times today, and not one full catalyst dropped, and not even enough fragments to make one. But never fear, they’ve offered me the opportunity to buy two catalysts for 400 units. This is honestly ridiculous, and I’m shocked that in six run throughs nothing (that I need) is dropped. Is this the way it’s going to be now kabam? No drops, but I am offered the chance to spend 400 units?

7th times the charm. What else were you planning on doing today anyway?
  • I don't think some of you guys understand what he's saying. You guys might not find T3 Class Catalyst (probs cos you don't need it as much) hard to get but it is significantly hard for Mid-Tier players. T3CC are rare and take a lot of fragments to form. Pretty much one of only way to get T3CC fragments is to do the Event Quest. Waiting one week is a long time as well. Even T4CC is easier to get. There are so many ways you can get them e.g. Monthly Event Quest, AQ and more despite needing 18x more to form one. than A T3CC.
  • Tudgie78Tudgie78 Posts: 47
    I don't think some of you guys understand what he's saying. You guys might not find T3 Class Catalyst (probs cos you don't need it as much) hard to get but it is significantly hard for Mid-Tier players. T3CC are rare and take a lot of fragments to form. Pretty much one of only way to get T3CC fragments is to do the Event Quest. Waiting one week is a long time as well. Even T4CC is easier to get. There are so many ways you can get them e.g. Monthly Event Quest, AQ and more despite needing 18x more to form one. than A T3CC.

Thank you! Exactly my point. I’m happy to grind where necessary to earn items, my annoyance was no drops, whereas normally you’d expect at least one fully formed on completion. T3 is needed when ranking up 4* and 5* champs, but you’re right, I have more t4 awaiting use. Oh and it’s she not he btw 😜
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    Pretty sure you will never see full drops anymore. That was removed a while back. Check under the rewards tab before entering. Only fragments.
  • Evil_Monkey88Evil_Monkey88 Posts: 125
    There are a lot of tier 3 basic and class catalysts in map 2 crystals. You can try them. It is indeed very sad that there's only 2 ways to earn t3cc in this game.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    I ran through the science 4 times didn't get one. I'm glad its not just me getting ka-boom!
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I’ve been talking about the t3cc stupid drops for a while. It’s somewbat ridiculous and they need an overhaul
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    edited December 2018
    I have been frustrated by this for so long. I have to run the quest at least 5 times every week just to get one
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Agree with the frustration. I do have an alternative.

Map 1 on Alliance Quest gives T3CC crystals.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Agree with OP here. Same thing happens to me every time I run these quests. A couple of hundred shards in total and an ‘offer’ for 400 units.

The thing is, if the offers were even remotely close to being sensible then I would pick them up for convenience, but 400 units is just insane.

Probably a good thing then actually, one thing less to bother with I suppose.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    ShinobiGuy wrote: »
    Pretty sure you will never see full drops anymore. That was removed a while back. Check under the rewards tab before entering. Only fragments.

It wasn't removed. I actually got 2 full t3 cats recently after running both sides of the quest. Having said that, the drop rate is horrible and I usually get only frags.
  • ZaosaflerZaosafler Posts: 65
    I'll also do the T2 quest if I don't get what I need since you can sell them for T3 shards.