**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champions Clash Coldsnap in Chapter 2.

Comments

• Dam was gonna run this tonight.... glad I check forums 1st otherwise it would have cost me loads.
  • Is it me or is this thread not moving to the top?
  • Ohhh it's been moved to bug section
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    TheWitcher wrote: »
    In previous update, the 50% reduction which should have applied to you, also applied to defenders. So, that's the bug.

It's not right, many people completed the event with a bug, if your developers failing, keep the bug for all.

[/quote]

So...another question: if someone completes content, and that content is bugged in their favor (and they reasonably should have known, being expert Summoners and all), doesn’t that have all the markings of being an “exploit”?

Trying to understand how this all should shake out...

Dr. Zola[/quote]

I used a coldsnap immune champ for iceman on day 1 to complete the quest. I didn’t even see damage ticks. So no way to have known if it was exploited or not 😂🤷‍♂️
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Demmabak wrote: »
    Wow so many replies from concerned players about a serious bug/exploit or whatever to call it and literally no response whatsoever from this shady company yet again. Why am I still playing this game again????

This was posted at 8pm PST last night. It is now 9:15 am. Most of the team is just getting into the office. While I understand the frustration, calling this a "shady company" because nobody has replied to a thread in the 12ish hours that most people are at home eating dinner/sleeping/getting ready for the day is not really reasonable. Even if it was the middle of the day, it's not possible for us to get to every post right away, and calling that "shady" is pretty unreasonable.

Now, as for this thread, thank you for pointing it out OP. I'm asking the team about it right now. Will let you know what is up as soon as we can.

thank you... I am hoping to complete this tonight
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »

So...another question: if someone completes content, and that content is bugged in their favor (and they reasonably should have known, being expert Summoners and all), doesn’t that have all the markings of being an “exploit”?

Trying to understand how this all should shake out...

Dr. Zola

I used a coldsnap immune champ for iceman on day 1 to complete the quest. I didn’t even see damage ticks. So no way to have known if it was exploited or not 😂🤷‍♂️[/quote]

All fair, but it underscores the ripple effect involved when something like this happens. How to create balance and equity among very different experiences? Some people get light Coldsnap, some people use immune, others see the issue straightaway and still others take a couple of fights to realize they are getting crushed or should have healed more to avoid Coldsnap KOs.

Not easy to rectify, in my opinion.

Dr. Zola
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Looks like the the fury from the node is now modifying attack before cold snap is placed on the attacker. Watch out in AW for them pessimist nodes.

*Or was the fury just not functioning in the prior patch? It’s absent in the reference material.
  • you guys think 600 is bad? lol
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Looks like the the fury from the node is now modifying attack before cold snap is placed on the attacker. Watch out in AW for them pessimist nodes.

*Or was the fury just not functioning in the prior patch? It’s absent in the reference material.

Pretty much just speculating now, but that’s possible. It’s pretty potent—I’m the first to admit when I stink up the place in a fight but this just decimated me a few times before I started paying closer attention and watched Seatin’s video for comparison.

It’s manageable with Magik (if it’s working the same way there) with a strong enough Blade and Pacify, but Void can be rough if you mix up the timing just a little. Not sure if it’s augmenting Void’s damage—Iceman though is the most painful.

Dr. Zola
  • Hey All,

We have discovered the cause of this increase in damage, and are working to get it fixed right now.

As some of you have already figured out, what's happened here is that the Handicap Match node was initially not working correctly, and was applying the Buff to both the Defender and the Attacker. This was a bug that was fixed before the content went out, but didn't make it into the 21.0 release as we expected, but made it into the 21.1 release.

It is now working as intended, but since the content has been out so long, we are going to revert the fix. I want to note that if this node shows up again in the future, it will work as intended (like it does now).

We'll update you all as soon as we have a timeline for this fix. We are hoping to get it out ASAP.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    Hey All,

We have discovered the cause of this increase in damage, and are working to get it fixed right now.

As some of you have already figured out, what's happened here is that the Handicap Match node was initially not working correctly, and was applying the Buff to both the Defender and the Attacker. This was a bug that was fixed before the content went out, but didn't make it into the 21.0 release as we expected, but made it into the 21.1 release.

It is now working as intended, but since the content has been out so long, we are going to revert the fix. I want to note that if this node shows up again in the future, it will work as intended (like it does now).

We'll update you all as soon as we have a timeline for this fix. We are hoping to get it out ASAP.

That’s a fair response, thank you. It works perfectly for me as I stopped as soon as I saw extra damage was being done. I do have sympathy for those that used resources to complete the event whilst it was ‘fixed’ though.
    Hey All,

Thanks Miike.

I’m guessing there’s no way to make things up to all the unlucky fools who updated to 21.1 and threw resources at the quest? The ticket I submitted went nowhere.

Dr. Zola
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

Thanks for the response. I would like to know what happens to all the poor souls who did the quest now and had to dump items to finish it unlike the others?
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    I finished this yesterday after the update, but never did more than a path before the update. But he was pretty annoying and cost me a good amount of resources.
  • DTIChaosDTIChaos Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, wasted all the potions I farmed from ROL (over 50) and 6 lvl 2 revives just for that iceman. I’d really appciate my items back for this bug @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious
    I'm not going to hound the Mods for this, but it honestly is pretty unfair for a lot of the player base who had to spend on this compared to others even though they had the skill to do it. I've been killing Iceman in war and in quests with no issue, but this is the first time in a long time that I'm dying to him. Same crazy damage against Magik and Void. This was the intention of the Clash, but it should be constant for everyone.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Fair resolution
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    KnightZero wrote: »
    I'm not going to hound the Mods for this, but it honestly is pretty unfair for a lot of the player base who had to spend on this compared to others even though they had the skill to do it. I've been killing Iceman in war and in quests with no issue, but this is the first time in a long time that I'm dying to him. Same crazy damage against Magik and Void. This was the intention of the Clash, but it should be constant for everyone.
    Ther didt hav to kabam dont fuce to use it it you own ther doing it with this ben say that Not unfair. But do fell shuld be giving somting out
    Gamer wrote: »
    Ther didt hav to kabam dont fuce to use it it you own ther doing it with this ben say that Not unfair. But do fell shuld be giving somting out

Didn't understand what you said. But here's my view.
    Do I feel it is unfair? Yes.
    Do I feel we should get compensation? Heck Yes.
    But if they decide not to even after all this, me complaining more isn't going to change their mind unless the entire base asks for it and may not happen even then.
    As for them not forcing me to use items, the rewards are worth using items for. But item usage should depend on skill/champs had and not a change in the nodes due to a bug.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    But if they decide not to even after all this, me complaining more isn't going to change their mind unless the entire base asks for it and may not happen even then.

I predict that only .008% of the base will ask for it.
    edited December 2018

Didn't understand what you said. But here's my view.
    Do I feel it is unfair? Yes.
    As for them not forcing me to use items, the rewards are worth using items for. But item usage should depend on skill/champs had and not a change in the nodes due to a bug.

Great points. It’s disappointing, but in the grand scheme of things, it’s not even a speck. It would be a terrific gesture to help out the small number of players who have been running it since the update and have, with good reason, used more items.

Dr. Zola
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    Think we can get an update pre office close PST? Even if its that there is no update until tomorrow.

Unclear when I can hit this. But now was my goal with no AQ/AW.
  • Hey All,

Sorry for the delay. Reverting this fix took longer than expected. We're just about to push this fix live. It should be live within the next 30 minutes.

Thank you all for your patience.
    Hey All,

Sorry for the delay. Reverting this fix took longer than expected. We're just about to push this fix live. It should be live within the next 30 minutes.

Thank you all for your patience.

A question since it seems you're avoiding the fact about compensation. Are there talks about it happening? Just want to get a straight answer so I know what to expect.
  • bongaholicmanbongaholicman Posts: 6
    edited December 2018
    thanks for fix cost me units already.
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    Seems to be working. Just had ticks of 219 against the first ch2 iceman, on my 5/65 sparky.
  • Sabretooth was my answer. There’s still time to rank up