**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why can’t I auto fight in arena ?

What is the logic behind forcing us to manually play arena ? Why can’t I run the easy fights on auto and only manually play the hard ones ? Why can’t I decide which ones I play running the risk of losing the multiplier to my discretion ?

Comments

• KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    You know it gets old after playing over 70 thousands fights ( that’s a literal number of the fights I played and I know there are many people who played many folds that )
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Whichever mode has you competing against other human players , you cannot auto fight.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    What is the logic behind forcing us to manually play arena ? Why can’t I run the easy fights on auto and only manually play the hard ones ? Why can’t I decide which ones I play running the risk of losing the multiplier to my discretion ?

Well, one answer would be "because you would lose all the easy fights"
  • What is the logic behind forcing us to manually play arena ? Why can’t I run the easy fights on auto and only manually play the hard ones ? Why can’t I decide which ones I play running the risk of losing the multiplier to my discretion ?

Because arena is a competition against other players. In content where you're basically only playing against the content itself, the game allows autofight. The autofight AI is incredibly bad, deliberately so, because it is only intended to automate fights that are so lopsided that it takes essentially zero effort to win them. But in AQ, AW, and the arena, your performance is ultimately being judged against other humans for rewards, and in those modes you cannot autofight. Autofight almost certainly won't be helpful in AW or AQ, and won't likely win many fights in the arena past the first few, but it is disabled anyway so the question doesn't even come up.
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    edited December 2018
    just to make it clear, you are not competing against other players in arena in real time. arena fights are also controlled by AI, only difference is you are also fighting opponents masteries.
    Same w/ Aw, you are fighting masteries, nodes etc all controlled by AI.
  • I'm happy with every contents that have no auto play, like arena, war. My phone have a bug that turn on autoplay in the middle of a fight, that made me lost and frustrated. And if you can, turn on that autoplay and fight an opponent same PI as you, you'll lose your streak.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    Whichever mode has you competing against other human players , you cannot auto fight.

So none cause arena isnt players either

Didn't get it , did you?

It's about ranking and getting rewards.
    Story mode, event quests, daily quests have nothing to do with your placement, ranking, rewards against others.

Arena, AQ, AW does, so they are not AI controlled. Wow, I really had to spell that out for you.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Auto Play in the Arena defeats the purpose of having a competition. It's basically the same as Bots.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    The objective is for US to place as many Points as we can against the score of other Players. Not to have it done for us.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited December 2018

DNA3000 wrote: »

Because arena is a competition against other players. In content where you're basically only playing against the content itself, the game allows autofight. The autofight AI is incredibly bad, deliberately so, because it is only intended to automate fights that are so lopsided that it takes essentially zero effort to win them. But in AQ, AW, and the arena, your performance is ultimately being judged against other humans for rewards, and in those modes you cannot autofight. Autofight almost certainly won't be helpful in AW or AQ, and won't likely win many fights in the arena past the first few, but it is disabled anyway so the question doesn't even come up.

The entire game is a competition. Forcing the most time consuming part to be manual mode only doesn’t make sense. Auto mode is disabled in war and AQ because turning it on literally hurts your team. That is not the case in arena. It’s time consuming, people who command a superior roster should not be forced to manually play every single fight. I already accounted for the high chance to lose the streak and that should be up to the summoner.
  • HoündHoünd Posts: 18
    Not saying I'd want that, but another Kabam game, Transformers Forged to Fight, does have that functionality.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Tekken goes auto fight by having an recording function that record how you play your fighting style and use it to make it auto fight in arena. Because they know people want the rewards but don’t want to spend so much time on it when life comes first but don’t really want to miss any rewards. Kinda good I think