**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* Elektra Vs Imiw

Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
edited December 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Idk if this happens with any other elektra but it does with a 6*. When I dual Imiw I’ve never had an armor break be applied when firing a special 1 with Elektra.

I understand he’s bleed immune, but why doesn’t he get armor break?

Elektra’s abilities clearly state that she is suppose to cause an armor break for bleed immune champs.. he becomes bleed immune, but no armor break.. ??????

I’m not asking for a buff, although furies wouldn’t hurt for a 6*, but she should at least work properly

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    It probably has to do with that hes not bleed immune. he can become bleed immune. so she could bleed him if he didnt have molecular armor active
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    IWIM can bleed when his armor expires. If you're able to inflict bleed, then her ability accuracy reduction will kick in, but will be gone if/when he gains an armor buff again.
  • Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the comments but neither of them addressed my post.

When imiw becomes bleed immune, elektra’s ability to armor break a bleed immune should trigger.

These abilities need to be adjusting to battle in battle instead of on a one demensional stat sheet
    edited December 2018
    Carnage can do it; he can do both against imiw.. and his bleed even sticks through moleculer armor.

Why can Carnage switch back and forth between bleed and armor break, and Elektra can’t? qo8oe64vi2i3.png
  • I understand they made Carnage’s ability based on heavy and current armor or no armor/bleed immune or not bleed immune, but this really is an unnecessary nerf to elektra.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Carnage armor break applies "due to an immunity". Meaning, it applies due to an immunity mid battle.
    Elektra ability only works against a natural bleed immune champion
    edited December 2018
    I get that lol I understand how her ability is currently programmed but it shouldn’t stop whether someone is bleed immune at the beginning or during a fight.

It should be bleed immune during fight and wherever/whenever it happens it switches.

I would classify this as an issue because it’s bad programming.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    They should update Electra to work the same way as Carnage IMO. No reason to make old champs even worse due to semantics and older code
    edited December 2018
    They should update Electra to work the same way as Carnage IMO. No reason to make old champs even worse due to semantics and older code

I agree! They bring in new champs and don’t fix the battleground evolutions that the game has made.

If they’re going to make a 6* version of Elektra she should be adapted to the new world of mcoc. They did it with carnage.

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Would you expect the same armor/bleed switch mid-fight to also apply against Emma Frost when she switches into/out of diamond form?
  • Yep. I’m willing to bet Carnage does both already.
    @Abolitionist333_ im not saying its necessarily how it SHOULD be, im saying its probably something to do with that interaction. Carnage is a newer champ to consider going immune mid fight. elektra is an old champ when no one had those abilities. So imiw is naturally able to be bled, shes going to try to bleed.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Would you expect the same armor/bleed switch mid-fight to also apply against Emma Frost when she switches into/out of diamond form?

Yessssss! This is genius! Make it happen Kabam
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Thanks for the comments but neither of them addressed my post.

When imiw becomes bleed immune, elektra’s ability to armor break a bleed immune should trigger.

These abilities need to be adjusting to battle in battle instead of on a one demensional stat sheet

Elektra is an older champion. people’ve given you the answer, you had a question and they gave it, she only applies it to naturally bleed immune. This wasn’t about should she be able to...
  • Thanks for the comments but neither of them addressed my post.

Elektra is an older champion. people’ve given you the answer, you had a question and they gave it, she only applies it to naturally bleed immune. This wasn’t about should she be able to...

They gave an answer to the question at face value but it doesn’t address the issue about elektra not working to the new evolving mcoc world.

^ that’s what I was addressing by my question. Not standard face value, “lemme jus read the info and create an answer”, I’ve read the info; I get it.

She needs to be updated to secondary bleed immunes. That’s the *issue* that I presented because of the evolving mcoc world and not having any issue about bringing her into the evolving 6* world.

Leave her as a 4 or a 5, fine. But 6? It’s too far without updating her skill-set to the evolution of the game
  • I didn’t label it a “bug” because it’s not a bug. But it is an issue and needs updating.

Thanks.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I see what you're saying. It's probably not working right because the armor buffs are passive. It should break him regardless, so I guess it is a bug.
    I didn’t label it a “bug” because it’s not a bug. But it is an issue and needs updating.

Thanks.

I apologize. You filed it under bugs and known issues. Not suggestions. I interpreted it as such. I agree with you.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I agree that this isn't a bug. Elektra is working as-designed. This thread belongs in the suggestion area of the forum.

...And I agree with the suggestion. The same principle can be applied to other champs such as X-23 and Yondu as both gain altered abilities when facing naturally bleed-immune opponents.

Historically,. if X-23 fought someone like Hawkeye when he was on a bleed immunity node, X-23 would gain no additional benefits against him. She can't make him bleed and she gains no additional Cruelty buffs. She gains Cruelty buffs against champs like Colossus who are naturally bleed immune. Her bio even states that she "changes her fighting style" when fighting bleed immunity vs. champs who bleed. It's not unreasonable to think that she could "change styles" mid-combat.

Given the introduction of champs who change immunity mid fight (like Emma Frost or IMIW), this mechanic would be a welcome change.
  • This code is so behind schedule I jus got “Immunity” against colossus!

She should never see “immunity” show up during battle of colossus.

Bad programming. Horrible