**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Parry Refunding

Comments

• Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    Who said I wouldn't?

Because you’ll need those cores to unlock parry again. Read the thread.

Maybe you should read the thread.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I think the bigger concern here is why did they nerf parry? I thought it was odd they’re doing all this shuffling around but they took parry to reduce damage by 33% down to 25%. Can a mod please clarify because I don’t recall seeing this announced?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure that was the result of 12.0, if memory serves. Someone else brought it up and I have a vague memory of that coming up before.
    edited December 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Megavok wrote: »
    I think they should give us our units we spend for Stony cores, maybe I opened every mastery with those stony cores, so they will straight go to my stash and never will be used, for example I opened every mastery that I need with those cores but I want to buy blue cores with them so I can max my assasination. You guys really should consider this.

You'll still need the cores to unlock level 3. I think you are confused about how it will all work. Parry itself isn't changing. Just how it gets unlocked and the cost per level. It will still cost 3 stony cores but over the course of 2 levels vs just level 1.

This is correct. You'll still need those Cores to Unlock parry again, so you probably don't want to be using them on something else.

Umm hello? @Markjv81
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    So.. do we HAVE to completely “recover” Utility, before using the refunded cores to invest in Parry again?

All I did was open the mail, reinvest the refund by not making any other change and I’m thinking this was way too easy.. I missing something here? I mean.. what was the point to all this??

They could have made any champ stun immune, w/o changing mastery, so I seriously doubt it was for an act 5 Ultron.

Have yet to see any mastery setup that does not include Parry in skillset... feels like I’m missing something here..
    I think they should give us our units we spend for Stony cores, maybe I opened every mastery with those stony cores, so they will straight go to my stash and never will be used, for example I opened every mastery that I need with those cores but I want to buy blue cores with them so I can max my assasination. You guys really should consider this.

You'll still need the cores to unlock level 3. I think you are confused about how it will all work. Parry itself isn't changing. Just how it gets unlocked and the cost per level. It will still cost 3 stony cores but over the course of 2 levels vs just level 1.

This is correct. You'll still need those Cores to Unlock parry again, so you probably don't want to be using them on something else.

Umm hello? @Markjv81

Read the offical thread in regard to the change, not what's written here.

It now only takes cores for level 2&3.
    Plus the fact that I've already added level 1 back and cost me no cores.

Umm hello? @Markjv81

They refunded you 3 cores. It takes 3 cores to max parry. What’s the problem?

Umm hello? @Markjv81

They refunded you 3 cores. It takes 3 cores to max parry. What’s the problem?

I've never had max parry, and have no spare points to do it even if I wanted too.
    You're arguing an invalid point.

Actually he's not. It takes one Core for Rank 2 and 2 Cores for Rank 3.

Actually he is, but I don't expect you to see it, so carry on.

No, he's not. You were refunded the same 3 Cores it took to unlock it originally. In order for you to unlock it again, whether you use Max or not, you will need the same 3 Cores. If you opt not to use Max Parry, you can't expect Units in return because you want the exchange rate. You obviously purchased it at some point. Otherwise, you're asking for free Units.
  • What about the cost to Unlock them it was both type of cores a lot if units that we should get back it’s. pretty much stealing our money/units.

No, he's not. You were refunded the same 3 Cores it took to unlock it originally. In order for you to unlock it again, whether you use Max or not, you will need the same 3 Cores. If you opt not to use Max Parry, you can't expect Units in return because you want the exchange rate. You obviously purchased it at some point. Otherwise, you're asking for free Units.

You don't need 3 cores to unlock it! **** me

How am I arguing an invalid point? Rank 1 of parry costed 3 cores before. You got refunded those whether you had 1 rank or 3. If you still choose to only have 1 rank in parry you still got those 3 cores to do what you wish. Regardless you got the 3 cores back you used to originally unlock parry with.

How am I arguing an invalid point? Rank 1 of parry costed 3 cores before. You got refunded those whether you had 1 rank or 3. If you still choose to only have 1 rank in parry you still got those 3 cores to do what you wish. Regardless you got the 3 cores back you used to originally unlock parry with.

You had to buy the cores with units, I now have no need for the cores.
  • AngusMac279AngusMac279 Posts: 117
    DjinAF wrote: »
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    CoBfan1987 wrote: »
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    I still stand strong that forcing me to carry parry mastery or lose dexterity is a bad idea..

Theres reasons in a few fights that an accidental parry you die

Are you honestly turning parry off for certain fights?

Yes
    5.4 Ultron
    3.1 variant Ultron
    Lol cwbp. Just to name a few a single parry on accident you die

If we turn off parry, then we can't have dexterity.
    abdxgf3w6qsd.png

If you see the tree, Dexterity requires point in Limber and Limber requires point in Parry(NOW),
    If we switch of parry we can't have Limber and if we can't have Limber we can't have Dexterity.

Means no evade, means more death, means more potions & revives , means kabam will make more money.

Kabam didn't do this to make more money (well in a sense they did),
    they did it to help out new players with a fundamental mechanic of this game, as to keep new players hooked on the game.

How many did you purchase and use on Parry prior to this?

How many did you purchase and use on Parry prior to this?

Idiotic question that you already know the answer too.
    If it was one, you got two free Cores. If it was two, you got 1 free Core. If it was all 3, then you got back what you put in, and that was already spent. You indicated you aren't using full Parry, so if you had all 3, and weren't using it, that was elective. Either way you look at it, you're either trying to benefit from the change, or are already coming up ahead.
    I didn't have all 3, I had 1 and now I've spent units on cores that I have no need for, rendering them pointless to me as per my initial post.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    I didn't have all 3, I had 1 and now I've spent units on cores that I have no need for, rendering them pointless to me as per my initial post.

Nervermind
    edited December 2018

You had one. How many did you receive in the Email?

edited December 2018
    You had one. How many did you receive in the Email?

Obviously you already know the answer to that.

I rest my case.
    I rest my case.
    You don't have a case.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    So he bought the 3 cores to unlock parry and want to have parry at level 1.

Now he will still put 1 point in parry. Which is free now. The cores will just sit in his inventory because he does not want level 2 and 3 and never did.

So he paid 405 units and getting back cores which are useless.

Is that right @Markjv81 ?
  • CateatswhalesCateatswhales Posts: 112
    all kabam refunded is what was needed to re unlock 3 levels of parry. Its been a long time but i believe it was 5 or 6 cores to unlock it before the change so what about those cores. When someone buys say a new shirt for 50$ and it doesn't fit when you take it back and it's on sale for 20 that's not what your refunded you get what you paid back