**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unavoidable Elektra damage

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
WE SHOULD BE PAST THIS!

Uncollected Elektra? Really? I'm in no way complaining about her I am just thoroughly disappointed in the dev team. I thought that skill based progression was something the game was trying to move forward to. Wasn’t that the point of the Dev Diary when Back Issue was announced?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Not complaining? Lol.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Not complaining? Lol.

They took aspect of genesis which was a fun little thing that overall didn’t do much except make you pay a sort of “probationary fee” for a few moments and you’d get that fee back. With regeneration mastery it’s actually more like the node takes a loan from you and gives you it back plus interest.

This is just lazy. Inflated difficulty for the sake of draining health in a way that cannot be avoided (unless technically if you have Tryco… REALLY PUSHING SALES GUYS).

I’m only expressing my disappointment because up until now the game has been avoiding this sort of “cheap unavoidable damage”. Actually come to think of it… the last truly abhorrently unavoidable damage was WAY back in the day vs Mesmerize Elektra… Wait didn’t that happen in both Act4 and 5? Maybe it’s just Elektra doesn’t play by the rules Kabam has set anymore 😂
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Not complaining? Lol.

They took aspect of genesis which was a fun little thing that overall didn’t do much except make you pay a sort of “probationary fee” for a few moments and you’d get that fee back. With regeneration mastery it’s actually more like the node takes a loan from you and gives you it back plus interest.

This is just lazy. Inflated difficulty for the sake of draining health in a way that cannot be avoided (unless technically if you have Tryco… REALLY PUSHING SALES GUYS).

I’m only expressing my disappointment because up until now the game has been avoiding this sort of “cheap unavoidable damage”. Actually come to think of it… the last truly abhorrently unavoidable damage was WAY back in the day vs Mesmerize Elektra… Wait didn’t that happen in both Act4 and 5? Maybe it’s just Elektra doesn’t play by the rules Kabam has set anymore 😂

They haven't been avoiding it at all, actually. It's come up time and time again, and we get through it. Mordo, Iceman, Ice Phoenix, just a couple. It comes now and then, and it's a pain. No question. Wherever it became sacrilege for people, I don't know. That's the point of a challenge. Something that requires you to come up with a strategy where all else fails. No one said we would enter and leave every Fight unscathed. She was a PITA, but I beat her. You just need to survive the Degen and take her down. Not insurmountable. The only ones who have claimed it's to be avoided is us.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Im gonna sound like that **** with a big roster but r4/55 5* AA killed her in 25 hits.
    Her specials are easy to avoid you can minimize block damage by intercepting.
    Do you lose 50% of your HP sure does that make this fight bs or hard? Not really she is an old character who can be countered easily.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Ya it’s purely based on skill
    It doesn’t kill you straight. It’s only50% of your max health
    She will crit and kill you if you let her
    But you can block up to 10 times, no?
    You can intercept, you can punish her sp moves. Why so much fuss?
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Because this is Kabam?

Again I’m not angry, not mad, I just don’t want to see another unavoidable damage arms race. The MD fix and having Gulk Saber and Void around are definitely steps at balancing a lot of jankness.

I just want to express my disappointment that they are resorting to blatantly using unavoidable damage.

And believe me she ain’t hard. r3 domino, r4 Archangel… yeah she’s a push over. I just wish Kabam would avoid such dumb level designs.

And as someone who has killed top shelf MODOK LABS bosses with less than 700 health on my last champion before I take mild offense at unavoidable damage that in certain circumstances can bypass skill and even matchups.

I also find it funny how it’s always Elektra that gets this kind of jankyness
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    I took her in less than 30 seconds........ I would post the video but I don’t have an option here?(never done it) anyone that could tell me, thanks in advance.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    I beat her with the first champ I used. And don’t even remember who it was... this is a NON ISSUE
  • I'm fine with 50% lost health, just put 3 points on courage mastery and enjoy 20% increase attack.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    I beat her with the first champ I used. And don’t even remember who it was... this is a NON ISSUE

The fight isn’t an issue. That much is true.

But, it is troubling to see unaboidable health loss at such a high margin. Because, if people consider it such a “NON ISSUE”...

How far do you think that limit may be pushed?
    It’s 50% heath. It’s not that much.
    She’s not an issue at all.
    Whododo872 wrote: »

But, it is troubling to see unaboidable health loss at such a high margin. Because, if people consider it such a “NON ISSUE”...

What I can tell you is I will wait for something outrageous to be outraged. Being outraged for absolutely no reason at all will only make no one want to listen to you once the problem is truly outrageous.

What do you think?
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★

What I can tell you is I will wait for something outrageous to be outraged. Being outraged for absolutely no reason at all will only make no one want to listen to you once the problem is truly outrageous.

What do you think?

Very fair point. All I’m saying is if it can go this far, it can and likely will go farther. This isn’t “outrage” because “I can’t do it” (I can and have)

I just find it concerning for the future of the game.

That’s my viewpoint on it, at least.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Beat her with full suicide on... would be alot worse if this isn't the last node of the map.

What do you think?

Very fair point. All I’m saying is if it can go this far, it can and likely will go farther. This isn’t “outrage” because “I can’t do it” (I can and have)

I just find it concerning for the future of the game.

That’s my viewpoint on it, at least.

That’s one way to think. Good for you.

I don’t worry about what might be impossible. I wait for it, doubting it will ever happen and exhaust every resource I have proving I can do it.

There’s 2 types in the world.

Those that see a wall and stop and those that pass it, one way or another.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    It's a 13k Elektra, takes off 50% of your max health and limits the number of times you can block so you need to counter her specials.

Not that of a big deal. If Kabam wanted to make a money grab, it would have been a 40k Ice Phoenix with that node on.

True, it's unavoidable damage. But very very manageable.