**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lots of changes in mastery tree recently

ColleenColleen Posts: 173
edited December 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
zqmtypl5b1jl.png
There have been quite a few changes within masteries this year. Can I make a suggestion? Can we NOT have requirements for getting a new mastery...I want will power but I’m stuck I need 15 pts in defense tree to get it and I want will power to lvl 2 so now that’s 17 pts in defense tree.....I currently have 11pts in defense and I need 15 to get will power. We’re already constrained enough with the amounts of pts we have compared to how much the game is changing(we should be able to have more game is changing yet we’re expected to keep up) how am I supposed to have an all around mastery if I HAVE to have a certain amount of mastery pts in a tree PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! anyone else agree??

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    They want people to have to choose which setup they want. If there weren't requirements everyone could get all the good masteries and there would be no choice.
  • ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    edited December 2018
    @RagamugginGunner???? It’s our pts we should be able to choose how we want them I don’t think there’s one mastery set up that could be made (without restrictions) that would be so op it would break that game. But the fact is having a all around mastery is good the best champs are the ones with the most utility
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Colleen wrote: »
    @RagamugginGunner???? It’s our pts we should be able to choose how we want them I don’t think there’s one mastery set up that could be made (without restrictions) that would be so op it would break that game. But the fact is having a all around mastery is good the best champs are the ones with the most utility

Its not that it would be OP. Its that the goal is to pick and choose and essentially have that strategy as part of the game. Do you want more defensive masteries or more offensive? do you want to be built more for aw defense, or more for questing? It is an indirect version of suicides. Suicides have immediate repercussions using them. Other masteries mean you get less for other masteries.

Its part of the strategy.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Everyone would have the same basic set-up, which goes against making choices. Do you want will power or suicides or MD or maxed DW/Assassin? Can't have it all.

Just threw this together. I'd bet that most setups would look pretty similar.
    https://alsciende.github.io/masteries/v10.0.1/#1113110550003305000511140300000300000103130000030001000
    @RagamugginGunner that mastery wouldn’t work you need 15pts in defsense tree to be be able to have will power look at the pic I posted above
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Colleen wrote: »
    @RagamugginGunner that mastery wouldn’t work you need 15pts in defsense tree to be be able to have will power look at the pic I posted above

that's what hes saying. without restrictions, everyone would have about that.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    The only real changes I want to the masterys are:
    1. "Salve" should be reworked to provide 2-8% of a champs base life over one minute
    2. Class related masteries need a rework, such as "Pure Skill", in order to make them relevant again. Because as of right now, all of them are pretty terrible
    @KRONOSDOUBLE I think they should make a mastery for intercepting. Parry is getting less and less relevent for end game players. So I was thinking if you intercept it should grant true strike for the next (1) hit with additional crit or attack. I forget what mastery it is ( I think unfazed?) but they did something to somewhat help with evading champs but this would be a total game changer and we need one of them @Kabam Miike any thoughts
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I think the problem lies deeper: there aren't any good defence masteries to spend points on. Yeah Recover and Block Proficiency, but that's that. There is no equivalent of the Precision/Cruelty masteries for Armor. If you would be able to get up to +500 armor score, it would greatly increase PI and sustainability enough to warrant spending mastery points. Or what about Critical Hit Resistance masteries? Or something to increase the duration of Armor Breaks like Deep Wounds? Or a Glass Canon equivalent to trade in something for health?
  • :o:oB):(>:):s:s